Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
Oh yeah that! It’s very unrealistic and annoying that there’s just the creativity skill, and a sim that has never seen a piano can be great at playing it just because they’re good at painting. The whole skill system should be improved, there should be more of them and they should be more interesting. I liked the skill challenges in TS3, and the gardening opportunities that let you grow more kinds of plants.

And I agree with @DezzyBoo, the system in Makin’ Magic was so much better. I liked that you had to buy ingredients in special places and complete tasks for rare ones, and that sims charged their wand instead of needing the ingredients for every single spell. The charms they crafted were great too, and I still love the gnomes. Staring at a TS2 witch at the cauldron creating ingredients is nothing compared to that. I use a mod that lets me buy ingredients for aspiration points (I don’t really use the rewards anyway, so most of the time the points stayed unused).

I would prefer the mana/magic meter instead of charging wands.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
Staring at a TS2 witch at the cauldron creating ingredients is nothing compared to that..

I am that lazy bitch who didn't let never my sim make ingredients in cauldron. Even in vanilla my sim bought them from head witch.
Scholar
#53 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 12:03 AM
Welp, BAS won't let me log in anymore nor can I register a new account. That sucks...

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#54 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
- This would fit more in the "hacks you'd like to see" thread, but I wish I could set up a diner/fast-food restaurant: so that sims need to get their butts off the chair to pick up food and then put it away by themselves rather having a waiter(-ress) work and do those chores.

I've been using Exnem's food for that. Things like the dessert cart, that charges you for pulling out a dessert. He also has a burger set; it doesn't charge, but if you pull out the charging BHAV from the dessert cart it's easy to make it charge. I've been doing it for my McDonald's restaurant.

http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed...orld_set_part1/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#55 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 3:31 AM
You can also use Simwardrobe buffet counters.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#56 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can also use Simwardrobe buffet counters.

I know that one, but it doesn't charge you simoleans and the food is spawn rather maded by the npc.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I know that one, but it doesn't charge you simoleans and the food is spawn rather maded by the npc.

Food in fast food restaurants is made by the staff, not the customers, so I'm not sure what you're wanting.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#58 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 12:36 AM
Yes, you can charge for food from the buffet. If you want to see someone cooking there is the uni stove patch which will spawn you a uni cook, then you can charge by ticket or by pay door. or just pretend he/she is cooking the food on the buffet or exnem plates.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#59 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 3:20 PM
but with the uni worker customers can't order food by what I have them choose, and the buffet (IIRC) spawns in food rather assigning npc to cook/make it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#60 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 9:14 PM
We are giving you the options available. No you can't order food but if you want the appearance of someone cooking food the uni cook will give that. If you want to actually order food then it's a restaurant with all it's code. Any place turned into a restaurant will be only a restaurant since it's coding goes above and beyond anything else you will place.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#61 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 1:46 AM
The only other thing you could do is have a build/buy enabler for community lots, have a normal buy food from cashier thing and select them once they've bought so you can take the food from their inventory and make them sit down to eat it. That seems like too much work to me though. XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#62 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 2:16 AM
I have single plates of lunch food available at my cafe but I don't make them sit and eat it there, I figure they are buying it and going back to their work place.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#63 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
We are giving you the options available. No you can't order food but if you want the appearance of someone cooking food the uni cook will give that. If you want to actually order food then it's a restaurant with all it's code. Any place turned into a restaurant will be only a restaurant since it's coding goes above and beyond anything else you will place.

Well, thank you anyway. I'll guess I'll have to ask someone to make it and hope they do.
Page 3 of 3