Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#26 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 8:10 PM
Oh okay, thanks for the helpful explanation!

I love the moon, it looks so innocent but is actually quite mysterious!

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 8:27 PM
We had a super moon here in the southern hemisphere in November last year. It was apparently 14% closer to earth as usual, and, of course, the moon is upside down on this side of the world too. Here is a pic taken in the Karoo that night
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#28 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 8:42 PM
Wow! I've never seen the moon, taken from the southern hemisphere. I didn't know it's upside down then. It looks terrific! Thanks for sharing this picture. :lovestruc

(I wonder how the moon looks like at the equator... )

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Theorist
#29 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
Wow! Thank you all for the answers and responses. @Essa Great picture! I actually like your picture, unique and has story to tell something (moon and harvest). Sorry about the contest. I disagree with moderator decision for unfair rule and treatment for contestants, although I'm not contestant, but was a former contestant for 2015 calendar contest. There are a lot of great entries from TS2 and deserve to be TS2 calendar only.

Thank you for your nice words. I wasn't too happy with it but I'm glad I finally reached my goal.
On a side note, no need to be sorry since one of my pics makes it to the calendar. I also agree with the number of great entries from TS2.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#30 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Wow! I've never seen the moon, taken from the southern hemisphere. I didn't know it's upside down then. It looks terrific! Thanks for sharing this picture. :lovestruc

(I wonder how the moon looks like at the equator... )

If it's a crescent, it's a U shape if it's waxing and rising or waning and setting (I did a course).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#31 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 5:56 AM
Just some photos to proof what Simsample and cord11 said. That guy made real test: http://skeptik.ee/2012/03/09/kas-ku...-korgel-taevas/

There are some people who never can see bigger moon at the horizon because their brain works differently.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 8:07 AM
Well, there are "normal" super moons, and there are others. The one above (November 2016) was also 30% brighter than normal, and it last happened in 1948 and next time will be in 2034. Here is another super moon for you - Johannesburg, during the winter solstice in 2016: not quite as big, but still spectacular (and, boy, you need glasses if you cannot see the moon here)!
Screenshots
Inventor
#33 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 7:46 PM
Once as I was viewing the weather channel, there was a show about the strangest weather phenomenon on earth and they presented this really odd reddish blob over the Swedish sky that you wouldn't believe was the moon. From where it hung over the horizon at several shots, the moon's shape was so warped that it seemed more like some alien object hovering over the sky.

Speaking of supermoons, the last one we had was one I went outside to view with my telescope. It was simply astonishing to observe its features up close, but not close enough to find out where our astronauts' landing sites are. :P
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#34 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 7:52 PM
Sounds amazing kamoodle - I love stuff like that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 2 of 2