Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 9:20 AM
Default Megahood Players: Do you move premade Sims between subhoods?
Just something I've been wanting to ask. If you play a megahood that has subhoods with premade Sims (either Maxis or fan-created), do you ever move the Sims to a different subhood. If so, why?

I haven't had a real chance to do it yet in my hood - when Angela and Lilith Pleasant left their mother's home and moved to Belladonna Cove. Now Mary-Sue is leaving Pleasantview too, after her engagement to Malcolm Landgraab.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 1:33 PM
Yes definitely.

Sometimes when they get married or divorced. Sometimes when I want them to have a bigger house. I have a different idea of what each subhood is "like" and the jobs which are available in each so I take that into account if I move sims.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 2:09 PM
Yes, if they marry someone who lives in a different subhood, move out parents house, or graduate from uni.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 5:12 PM
What's the point of all those different neighborhoods if people don't move?

When I was playing the GS Uberhood Challenge, I wouldn't play anybody in any neighborhood until my protagonist moved there, so I'd have all the premades at their starting points to choose from for babymama. University graduates moved downtown so as not to complicate the challenge, and though I played every household that was involved in the story I tried to resist the temptation to expand play to the entire place, because I did want to finish the challenge. But certain sims had to be played, and had to move. The Belladonna Cove babymama, Beth Rutherford, stayed where she was, but her housemate got a character arc, married Florenz delaRosa, and moved to Bluewater Village. Joan Mole got so attached to Rhett's children while she was pregnant, going with him when he moved to Riverblossom Hills after her baby was born made a lot more sense than staying put, so I kept her while Rhett was making friends with the Riverblossom ladies and then did an arc where she vanished mysteriously. (Spy, you know. It was an intense arc for her, because she loved Rhett, but she adored those children!) Then Rhett outdid himself and knocked up three Riverblossom ladies, and the character arc for Gabby O'Mackey was so strong she first moved in with Rhett to have her baby in his household, and then took a position at LFT and moved to Viper Canyon, where Jules eventually joined her. At the time I wrapped up the challenge, the possibility of her marrying Rhett and moving to Widespot with him, leaving the VC house to Jules, was on the table, but I left that open.

All the adult characters stayed in Veronaville pursuing their nasty little feud, but the teens and children gradually moved out, first to University and then to Riverblossom Hills, Downtown, or Widespot. Charlie Curious-Smith (the GS version of Chloe) knocked up Mikki Dosser and moved in Downtown with her and her housemate Gaia Wrightley. Since queerness was criminalized in the GS Uberhood most of the characters who turned out to be some shade of queer moved Downtown where it would be easier to evade notice than in the little gossip-nests of the subhoods. And some sims moved for professional reasons. Since Widespot is landlocked, for example, and Delta Land wanted to be Hand of Poseidon, she moved to Belladonna Cove, where she had ocean to work with.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#5 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 6:06 PM
After Don left Cassandra at the altar, she fled to Veronaville at the advice of Mortimer. It was all part of Mortimer and his old roommate Consort Capp's plan to pair Kent and Cassandra and keep them away from Bianca and Darren. I lost interest in this uberhood because Sims kept dropping by houses that were supposed to be hundreds of miles away. That was before I learned about mods that fix this issue.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 6:51 PM
In my uber-hood, all the sim bin households got randomized for which neighborhood they'd be plunked into, and some of them were combined. For example, Alexandra Teatherton O'Mackey moved in with the Singles in a Downtown house (sharing expenses, you know), and the Goodies were set as Albany Capp's parents and they were all given a house in Riverblossom Hills. Bianca Monty shares a household with her brother Antonio in Pleasantview, helping raise his twins - until she gets married, at least. After the initial set-up, I haven't moved entire households, but individual sims do shift, mainly due to going to college, marrying someone from someplace else, or the like.

In smaller combined neighborhoods, consisting of two or three sub-hoods, everybody will generally start in the place they're from, but I will prefer a match between sims from different 'hoods over sims from the same 'hood, so there will be a choice of where to go if they want to live together.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 7:01 PM
I found that having all of the neighborhoods as a megahood was a huge hassle to switch between, so I just downloaded all of the cleaned up premade characters into one neighborhood together. It took some time to set up and loses the memories and some of the family connections (Capp family and the Strangetown family connections especially), but it makes up in convenience.

The plot line is that a flood wiped out all of the original neighborhoods, forcing all of the families from their homes into what was named Pleasantview United (Pleasantview sustained the least amount of damage and the team up of the Pleasants & Goths was very persuasive). A lot of the families started up in trailers and had to rebuild with limited funds although even the wealthiest families are "suffering". They may have homes, but they aren't exorbitantly rich anymore.

Widespot and an empty downtown are the only subhoods to the neighborhood. The residents of Widespot were not pleased when they were asked to move into Pleasantview United to allow for a new military base to be built on their land, thanks to the secret negotiations between the leaders of Pleasantview United and Rich Mann.
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 8:23 PM
Big life changes, like the previously mentioned marriage or divorce may encourage a Sim to move. Also, college! A young adult may choose a school far away from home, or move to a new neighborhood after graduation.
Scholar
#9 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
After Don left Cassandra at the altar, she fled to Veronaville at the advice of Mortimer. It was all part of Mortimer and his old roommate Consort Capp's plan to pair Kent and Cassandra and keep them away from Bianca and Darren. I lost interest in this uberhood because Sims kept dropping by houses that were supposed to be hundreds of miles away. That was before I learned about mods that fix this issue.

@omglo What mods? I would like to see those.

And, to answer: Sure do. Dina Caliente married Lazlo Curious and moved to Strangetown. I have no problems moving the premades around.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 11:55 PM
Not sure if it's the same one @omglo uses, but I use Local Walkbys. Kind of wish there was a version for community lots or at least an option on the Visitor Controller.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 10:11 PM
I move them all the time. Most of them, anyway. I can't see some of the matriarch and patriarch types leaving their homes for any reason short of a natural disaster! (Which now has me wondering if there is any force in all Simnation that could move Olive Specter. I'm thinking not.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh