Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Locked thread | Replies: 973 (Who?), Viewed: 156339 times. | Locked by: Numenor Reason: New tutorial: [url]http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=102356[/url]
Page 39 of 39
Test Subject
#951 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 9:47 AM
hey, i was wondering if there was a way to limit distortion in graphics? i bet theres an embaressingly obvious way to avoid this problem but i seem to encounter problems like so:

http://img59.exs.cx/img59/5960/wehaveaproblem8bk.jpg

blurry to the max I mean its fine when its zoomed out but yus
Instructor
#952 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 10:19 AM Last edited by pinhead : 1st Jan 2005 at 10:29 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowridgestudio
I've done searches on teddy bear, so I don't think this has come up.

I'm using RGiles' tutorial, and SimPE14. I'm having no problem recoloring objects, except that #%& [email protected]! teddybear.

I open:

Plugins/ Object Workshop/
Find *Durably Plush Teddy Bear (7F2GGG93: TeddyBear)
Click Start
Save with a unique name, and this error comes up:

Error while writing to File
Package: C :\PROGRA~1\EAGAME~\TSData\Res\Sim3D\Objects 05.package
File: E519C33 - F72828B6 - 1C0532FA - FFCBC260
Parameter name: value

What am I doing wrong? The only thing I noticed was that the teddy bear is named : *Durably Plush Teddy Bear (7F2FFF93: TeddyBear), and I wondered why it wasn't called *Durably Plush Teddy Bear (7F2FFF93: TeddyBear_clean), since that seems to be the default

BUT I know next to nothing about the inner workings of SimPE :confused: so I'm probably not doing something--any suggestions?

Thanks

If you are using Object Workshop, post your problems here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=34399

not that i like to push the problems to RGiles lol
But i don't know how to explain what is exactly your problem

maybe if you use a teddy already made by other person you can see what files you will need to make a working one.
Instructor
#953 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 10:25 AM Last edited by pinhead : 1st Jan 2005 at 10:28 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadalready18
hey, i was wondering if there was a way to limit distortion in graphics? i bet theres an embaressingly obvious way to avoid this problem but i seem to encounter problems like so:

make sure that you are using the correct LIFO #0
make sure that you are using the right pixels dimensions for the larger file
make sure that all the mipmaps are setted to the same dimensions that the TXTR default (by maxis) has.
make sure that your settings in the game are set with high materials details.
make sure that your image isn't small and your are trying make it bigger...

if don't know for sure.. maybe you made something wrong.
Lab Assistant
#954 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 12:57 PM Last edited by Bluegenie2 : 1st Jan 2005 at 2:03 PM.
I need help with the teddy bear please. I have tried both pinhead's tutorial and the object workshop. With the workshop, I get an error concerning the objects5.package from the game, but the process seems to work til I get into the game. I place the teddy bear I made, save the house, exit, return to the house and the teddy is back to his default state. With pinhead's tutorial, he doesn't show in game period
I made both a clean and worn state.............but the worn one showed on the last one and that is how he appeared when I placed him.
Can someone help me out on this please? I did try to search the forum for something dealing with this first, but had no luck finding it.
Thanks for any help.
#955 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 1:52 PM
help with recoloring a high chair
I hope this is the right place to post this...
I'm not very familiar with SimPE but have used Pinhead's tutorial to recolor several objects. I'm trying to do a high chair. I looks like it works, shows up in the catalog in game, but when I place it from buy mode it changes to the white with blue moons one. The file I orginally modified was the clean version of the alien chair so I have no idea why if it's not working it would show the blue one. Any suggestions? I haven't recolored the dirty version yet, would that have anything to do with it?
Lab Assistant
#956 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 6:25 PM
I can't help but wonder if it's something about the teddybear, Pinhead, but knowing my luck, now that I've stated that, it's a foolish mistake on my part for sure! -L-
I'll definately try posting when I get home, and hope I'm not bugging R Giles! Thanks.

Suzanne/ Crow Ridge Studio
Test Subject
#957 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 6:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by straberiwine
I haven't recolored the dirty version yet, would that have anything to do with it?

No it has nothing to do with it. Perhaps you named files wrongly?
Lab Assistant
#958 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 6:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadalready18

This is a problem with the compression. SimPE is great for everything but the compression of images does leave a bit to be desired. You can use TXTR Extractor and import via that. Has a better compression system. However some images still wont convert very well - I've had a few that no matter what I just cant get decent enough and so I've given up on them for the moment.

"A man who keeps company with glaciers comes to feel tolerably insignificant by and by." Mark Twain
Instructor
#959 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 6:55 PM Last edited by pinhead : 1st Jan 2005 at 8:55 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier1701
This is a problem with the compression. SimPE is great for everything but the compression of images does leave a bit to be desired. You can use TXTR Extractor and import via that. Has a better compression system. However some images still wont convert very well - I've had a few that no matter what I just cant get decent enough and so I've given up on them for the moment.

You have a new option to don't lose quality in SimPE too.
Quaxi made an import .DDS file in TXTR Plugin, and works like a charm!

You just need to download Nvidia DDS Authoring Plugin for Photoshop.

get it here: http://download.nvidia.com/develope...6.0827.1800.exe

After you edited the image you can choose to save as DDS file.
The set up box appear and you can choose an option to generate mipmaps.

When you importing to SimPE, just hit commit and go to file/save

it's a wonderful work by quaxi! the texture don't lost the quality.
Instructor
#960 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 8:09 PM Last edited by pinhead : 1st Jan 2005 at 8:54 PM.
I just notice that the new SimPE version has a option to you select the Nvidia Tools folder. (remember that it's not DDS Photoshop Plugin! It is the DDS Utilities folder)
I didn't tried to import the images but i think that now will be like TXTR Extractor for the quality

EDIT: You just need to right click on the image and choose "Build DXT". Select the image that you like to import and the settings and click "Build".
Hit commit and file/save. Will don't lose quality too.
Thanks to Quaxi!
Screenshots
#961 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 9:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatatee
No it has nothing to do with it. Perhaps you named files wrongly?

I named them the same way that I've named the other recolors I've done and still nothing. I also recolored the dirty version and it still doesnt' work. I'm so frustrated.
Test Subject
#962 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 8:35 PM
you have to hit "commit" after every modification you do... it's annoying but yeah... you gotta be anal about that "commit" button lol... and if you ain't... pretend you are. :P
Test Subject
#963 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 10:42 PM
Bonjour

I'm french, sorry for my english...
Thank Pinhead for your tutorial.
But I've a problem...I would like to color the "piano upright" but in the MMAT.txt, I don't have "piano upright" It's unknown. Where is it ?
Thanks for you help.

Frances
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#964 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 8:32 AM
Frances,

Pinhead's tutorial only relates to objects that have more than one color option already in the game. Since the piano has only one color, you can't use this method. You will have to download the CEP from this thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=35224
and then use SimPE's Object Workshop plugin to make the recolor. If you need a tutorial for Object Workshop, you can find one here:

RG
Test Subject
#965 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 9:11 AM
Thanks RGiles!...
It's good, I've the CEP and I've The piano upright. Big kiss from the France...Thanks
Frances.
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
8th Jan 2005 at 5:19 AM
This message has been deleted by wheeter. Reason: nevermind...
Test Subject
#966 Old 8th Jan 2005 at 9:52 PM
o no,what to do ?!
when i'm done,open up my game,pick the object
it's all BLUE
not my color,it's the alpha,i know for show.
what now,i really really REALLY want to make objects :weep:
#967 Old 8th Jan 2005 at 10:10 PM
beyoncefanny,
which object are you trying to retexture? Is it supported by object workshop?

RG
#968 Old 8th Jan 2005 at 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowridgestudio
Plugins/ Object Workshop/
Find *Durably Plush Teddy Bear (7F2GGG93: TeddyBear)
Click Start
Save with a unique name, and this error comes up:

Error while writing to File
Package: C :\PROGRA~1\EAGAME~\TSData\Res\Sim3D\Objects 05.package
File: E519C33 - F72828B6 - 1C0532FA - FFCBC260
Parameter name: value

The error message you've described was fixed in version 14c of SimPE. That is the current version on the SimPE site. I'm not sure what the problem was but Quaxi did, and fixed it.

I have still not tried the Teddy with OW, though, and am not certain whether it's working as far as collecting the right number of MMATs.

RG
Lab Assistant
#969 Old 9th Jan 2005 at 5:36 AM
I do not have the "change" button in my version of SimPE (14c). I only have the add and a delete button. I call myself searching through this forum for an answer to this but haven't found one. Suppose I have overlooked it. I cannot change the name string nor the family string. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Test Subject
#970 Old 9th Jan 2005 at 5:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles
beyoncefanny,
which object are you trying to retexture? Is it supported by object workshop?

RG

well i was trying the fridge :confused:
Instructor
#971 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 4:51 PM Last edited by pinhead : 10th Jan 2005 at 4:56 PM.
myboo, forget about the change button. Quaxi removed from follow versions. You can just change the value and hit commit. You don't need anymore the change button.

Other thing:
All you guys don't need anymore to use my old recolor tutorial. Just use if you get problems with Object Workshop. After the release of SimPE 14, you can make your recolors more easy and with just a few steps.

you can learn how to do it in this thread created by RGiles:

thanks
Test Subject
#972 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 6:54 AM Last edited by SanguineHysteria : 13th Jan 2005 at 7:14 AM.
I really didn't want to have to resort to asking. I did do a site search first in hopes of finding a previous thread. I could not find one and have tried several times over to figure it out on my own without success.

Using the latest version of SimPE and RGiles Recoloring Objects with/Object Workshop tutorial I managed without problem to recolor some bedding. Whee! Considering how easy that was I moved on to countertops.

My goal was to recolor the countertops for the Colonial (or Chez Moi) cabinets. And I succeeded... sort of. Problem being the custom countertop I made only works for one out of the three. It works for the counter with the doors only. Not with the one with the drawers and not with the island.

Before you roll your eyes at what little thing I am missing please be kind and remember this is my very first attempt at recoloring other than the bedding I did by following the tutorial. Plus I'll be the first to admit I'm not as techy as I'd like to think and SimPE isn't always the easiest for me to figure out.

Anyway if anyone could take the time to point me in the right direction in completing this countertop project I'd appreciate it. Also if this isn't the right thread or you need more information than I provided just let me know. Thanks.

edit: upon further investigation I came across a thread claiming cabinets cannot be done using the Objects Workshop. So I'll attempt following the longer tutorial by pinhead tomorrow and see if I have some luck.
Test Subject
#973 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 7:23 PM
something very weird has just happened. I recoloured the Epikouros counter (both, top and counter) using the latest SimPE version. Went into my game to see which sink I wanted to go with it - and peng - the top turned like you see in the pic. Any other object I put on top of it, is fine. I also put the dishwasher under it - fine. Just the sinks.
Is there something somewhere along the line that I have to/can change?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#974 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 3:11 AM
can u help me i no how to recoulour normal objects from the game but i cant recolour downloaded objects cause there not listed in the objects list can u help>>
The ModFather
staff: retired moderator DELETED POST
5th Jul 2005 at 9:20 PM
This message has been deleted by Numenor. Reason: Ooops! :)
Closed Thread
Page 39 of 39