Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 7:10 PM
Default CAW modder for Sunlit Tides
I'm seeking a CAW modder to change Sunlit Tides to make it a manageable size world. I love it so much. But it is too large for me. I have a strange arm injury and can't play large worlds.( weird , I know). I want the big Robbers Lair Mountain section removed, and the whole "circle" island about halved. Maybe cut it in half and make a bridge? Or two smaller islands with some coastal ring roads? I love it's sunny tropical style and everything about it, the dirt roads, the palm trees. The rustic street lamps. The white beaches etc. It makes me so happy, But the map size is just too big. and akward. I tried to fix it myself in CAW and botched it so badly it was embarrassing. Now my new laptop has Win 8 and won't even open CAW. Can you please help? pretty please???? unpopulated preferred but not necessary.
Be4Sims at gmail dot com
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrsyule
I'm seeking a CAW modder to change Sunlit Tides to make it a manageable size world. I love it so much. But it is too large for me. I have a strange arm injury and can't play large worlds.( weird , I know). I want the big Robbers Lair Mountain section removed, and the whole "circle" island about halved. Maybe cut it in half and make a bridge? Or two smaller islands with some coastal ring roads? I love it's sunny tropical style and everything about it, the dirt roads, the palm trees. The rustic street lamps. The white beaches etc. It makes me so happy, But the map size is just too big. and akward. I tried to fix it myself in CAW and botched it so badly it was embarrassing. Now my new laptop has Win 8 and won't even open CAW. Can you please help? pretty please???? unpopulated preferred but not necessary.
Be4Sims at gmail dot com

I have also been trying to edit Sunlit Tides so that there is space to add larger lots. I have CAW and can get Sunlit Tides into CAW by using s3pe, but it doesn't show up right. I think I'm doing something wrong with the height maps... not entirely sure. I'm waiting for replies from a couple people who might be able to help. If I end up getting the world to show up right I wouldn't mind making it smaller for you.
If you are able to get CAW to work again you could also just use the things you like about Sunlit Tides in a new world. I've downloaded the necessary files for the water, terrain textures, and roads to look the same, and have just started creating my own world using that stuff.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by steph1417897
I have also been trying to edit Sunlit Tides so that there is space to add larger lots. I have CAW and can get Sunlit Tides into CAW by using s3pe, but it doesn't show up right. I think I'm doing something wrong with the height maps... not entirely sure. I'm waiting for replies from a couple people who might be able to help. If I end up getting the world to show up right I wouldn't mind making it smaller for you.
If you are able to get CAW to work again you could also just use the things you like about Sunlit Tides in a new world. I've downloaded the necessary files for the water, terrain textures, and roads to look the same, and have just started creating my own world using that stuff.

You can get tested caw files at Cawster
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 3:30 AM
Default Indecisive
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
You can get tested caw files at Cawster

Eek! I wish I saw your post about 10 hrs ago. Now I have to decide between finishing the world I started or editing Sunlit Tides.... Being a libra is not helping me right about now I'm sure I'll end up doing both, but which to do first is the hard part!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrsyule
Be4Sims at gmail dot com

Now that I can edit Sunlit Tides, could you maybe take a screenshot of Sunlit Tides and just use paint or something to show me a picture of the things you would like changed?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 5:45 PM

wow I can't believe you answered!
I stopped checking back here ages ago. I STILL cannot get CAW to work on my win 8 computer so i would love it if you could cut sunlit tides down for me,and make it a small world. I want the big Robbers Lair Mountain section removed, and the whole "circle" island about halved. Maybe cut it in half and make a bridge? Or two smaller islands with some coastal ring roads? I love it's sunny tropical style and everything about it, the dirt roads, the palm trees. The rustic street lamps. The white beaches etc. keep that. I love all the theme. It does not need to have any lots or population. I can do all that . That would be sooo amazing!!!
you can email me at lorriyule at gmail dot com ( big hugs )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 5:47 PM
Now that I can edit Sunlit Tides, could you maybe take a screenshot of Sunlit Tides and just use paint or something to show me a picture of the things you would like changed?

its june 1 st 2015 wow I can't believe you answered!
I stopped checking back here ages ago. I STILL cannot get CAW to work on my win 8 computer so i would love it if you could cut sunlit tides down for me,and make it a small world. I want the big Robbers Lair Mountain section removed, and the whole big "circle" island about halved. Maybe cut it in half and make a bridge? Or one smaller islands with a coastal ring road? I love it's sunny tropical style and everything about it, the dirt roads, the palm trees. The rustic street lamps. The white beaches etc. keep that. I love all the theme. It does not need to have any lots or population. I can do all that . That would be sooo amazing!!!
you can email me at lorriyule at gmail dot com ( big hugs )