Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 6:23 AM Last edited by louiefox : 29th Jul 2014 at 12:05 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Not all parts could be found for mesh?
So I'm having a problem with SimPE. All I want to do is make the shirt to the young adult denim jacket longer. But when I'm in the Extracting stage, I get the message "Not all parts could be found for mesh"
I've looked at posts about this and nothing seems to help. If someone could walk me threw the steps to finding the files I would appreciate it!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 11:29 AM
Are you trying to extract an ingame mesh, or a custom mesh? It won't work for custom meshes. There you'll have to manually extract the mesh from the mesh file. If you're trying to extract an ingame mesh, make sure you're using the proper name.

Make a recolor of the outfit, and use only the part of the name in the "Property Set" that starts with the age/gender (underlined below), continues with the body type (bolded), and ends with the name of the outfit (cursive). Disregard the "CASIE_" prefix if there is one. So a mesh name for use in the extraction tool will almost always look something like "aftopnaked"
You can probably also extract directly from an EAxis recolor.

And the help section for bodyshop-related creating is here, just so you know: https://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=34
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Are you trying to extract an ingame mesh, or a custom mesh? It won't work for custom meshes. There you'll have to manually extract the mesh from the mesh file. If you're trying to extract an ingame mesh, make sure you're using the proper name.

Make a recolor of the outfit, and use only the part of the name in the "Property Set" that starts with the age/gender (underlined below), continues with the body type (bolded), and ends with the name of the outfit (cursive). Disregard the "CASIE_" prefix if there is one. So a mesh name for use in the extraction tool will almost always look something like "aftopnaked"
You can probably also extract directly from an EAxis recolor.

And the help section for bodyshop-related creating is here, just so you know: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Thank you for the reply So all I would have to do is put ymtopdenimadarkEp1 where it asks for a "base mesh name"?
Sorry if I'm in anyway frustrating, I'm new to this and I'm more of a visual learner. but I do appreciate the help.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 12:20 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Jul 2014 at 12:51 AM.
If the outfit has several recolors, the name will sometimes have the recolor name at the end, usually after a "_"
This should not be in the mesh name.

The mesh name in your case is "ymtophipjacket" (ymtophipjacket) and the extra stuffeths after the "_" is the color name.

Disregard anything that is either put in front with the _ or at the back. If it had said something like "CASIE_ymtophipjacket_denimadarkEp1" you only want the part between the underscores, or just the part that starts with age/gender if it doesn't have the "CASIE_" prefix.

You can't always tell the proper mesh name from the PropertySet, because some recolors have different names but use the same mesh, but at least it gives you a solid nudge in the right direction.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 12:50 AM
If the outfit has several recolors, the name will sometimes have the recolor name at the end, usually after a "_"
This should not be in the mesh name.

The mesh name in your case is "ymtophipjacket" (ymtophipjacket) and the extra stuffeths after the "_" is the color name. Disregard anything that is either put in front with the _ or at the back. If it had said something like "CASIE_ymtophipjacket_denimadarkEp1" you only want the part between the underscores (bolded).

You can't always tell the proper mesh name from the PropertySet, because some recolors have different names but use the same mesh, but at least it gives you a solid nudge in the right direction.

Is there anyway I can manually look for the mesh I need? At this point it would probably be easier.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 12:56 AM
This is probably the easiest way if you're only using SimPE and Bodyshop.

When you're making a mesh you'll need a recolor file to work with, so you usually will have to take the trip to Bodyshop anyway. The PropertySet way will give you the right name in most cases. There are a few outfits that share meshes, mostly child and toddler meshes, where the PropertySet give you a slightly wrong name, but those tend to have the prefix "cu" or "pu" if cf/cm or pm/pf doesn't work, or similar for the older sims. Some of the larger costumes are shared between adults, YA and elders, and are usually categorized as adult meshes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 1:22 AM
This is probably the easiest way if you're only using SimPE and Bodyshop.

When you're making a mesh you'll need a recolor file to work with, so you usually will have to take the trip to Bodyshop anyway. The PropertySet way will give you the right name in most cases. There are a few outfits that share meshes, mostly child and toddler meshes, where the PropertySet give you a slightly wrong name, but those tend to have the prefix "cu" or "pu" if cf/cm or pm/pf doesn't work, or similar for the older sims. Some of the larger costumes are shared between adults, YA and elders, and are usually categorized as adult meshes.

Yup, that's pretty much all I'm using.