Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 8:43 AM
Default How to install custom sims with Ultimate collection?
So, I realized that without the launcher, I cannot install custom sims from tsr. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was an alternative to download them without the launcher?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Woohoojuicesimoleons
So, I realized that without the launcher, I cannot install custom sims from tsr. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was an alternative to download them without the launcher?

You can install them with the launcher.
I wasn't able to at first but then I realized if you go to your program files, find the "Origin Games" folder, Press the "Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" folder, Click on "Fun with Pets" and press "SP9", "CSBin" You will find the package installer necessary for downloading Sims. Just run it and it should start working.

Same goes for PACKAGE files, just run the Body Shop which is also found in that same folder, and the "Downloads" folder will automatically be created, if you haven't done that already.
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 11:37 AM
You can also use Clean Installer available here on MTS. You can see what has been included with the Sim and not instal anything you don't want.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imagine
You can install them with the launcher.
I wasn't able to at first but then I realized if you go to your program files, find the "Origin Games" folder, Press the "Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" folder, Click on "Fun with Pets" and press "SP9", "CSBin" You will find the package installer necessary for downloading Sims. Just run it and it should start working.

Same goes for PACKAGE files, just run the Body Shop which is also found in that same folder, and the "Downloads" folder will automatically be created, if you haven't done that already.

Thank you! It got me somewhere, however when I tell it to open with the packageinstaller, it says I'm missing expansion pack data?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 6:04 PM Last edited by Woohoojuicesimoleons : 28th Jul 2014 at 7:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
You can also use Clean Installer available here on MTS. You can see what has been included with the Sim and not instal anything you don't want.

Well, I downloaded the Clean Installer, and downloaded a sim from the default settings, but the sim was not in game. Do you know where exactly to put the files?

Edit- I figured it out. Thank you so much for the help. :D
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 11:45 PM
First off you need to run the game first before the EA folder with the files will turn up in My Documents first and did you try to riight click your packaged files then click "Open With"?, it seemed to find Body Shop for me straight away.
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 4:35 AM
None of my downloads show up in game, and my package installer doesn't work. I've tried ever frucking tutorial..

Did EA not even TRY to patch this/shipped it with bugs on purpose or...?
Theorist
#8 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DangerousPYT
None of my downloads show up in game, and my package installer doesn't work. I've tried ever frucking tutorial..

Did EA not even TRY to patch this/shipped it with bugs on purpose or...?

When I was in live chat I asked if all the corruption etc. was fixed, the answer was no but they'll will be fixing things as they come up. The game is fully patched, which I assume means the original patches that were available before. I also asked if there would be a specific forum for us to discuss problems and got no response on that at all. I have no idea how they can fix something if we have no where to report what's happening. They can't possibly be spending time reading all the forums around the net.

When using the launcher they add a downloads folder where UC folder is, also a teleport folder. I tested adding a sim and it went into that folder. Now I'm not sure yet if the sim will show up from there or if I have to move it into UC folder, then into the downloads in there. Can't test it til tomorrow. Not sure what that extra teleport folder is for.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 11:21 AM
DangerousPYT, is it stuff installed with the Clean Installer that's not showing up? If so, did you correct the SaveFilePath in the S2PCI files? Ultimate Collection FAQs .

The thing with the EP data error message is a bug in the bodyshop installer, and is one of the reasons why Clean Installer rocks so much.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.