Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 8:57 PM Last edited by huffbone : 4th Aug 2014 at 8:12 PM. Reason: mark as solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Downloaded sims showing in Body Shop but not Create a Family [Solved]
Just like the title says I've downloaded some of the amazing celebrity sim models from this site. They're in the correct location (C:\Users\Me\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads) in subfolders of my creation (basically \Characters\Name\). They show up okay in Body Shop, bar some missing textures, but in the main game they aren't showing up in Create a Family. Presumably they should be available in the Sim Bin marked with stars but there's only the Maxis sims there. Other custom content (hairstyles etc that were recommended by the model creators as separate downloads) is, however, available in CAF.

I've tried disabling/enabling custom content a few times per advice in other threads, though I didn't think it was that because other CC I've downloaded works okay. Any advice would be welcome.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:06 PM
You do mean the Sim Bin in CAS (top right of the little panel - little group of people I think)? Just checking.

If they're showing up in Bodyshop, one thing you might do is clone them and resave. Delete the old versions. Also all my sims are in the Saved Sims folder (not Downloads) - don't think that matters but might be worth a try.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:23 PM Last edited by huffbone : 29th Jul 2014 at 9:42 PM. Reason: Problem solved
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You do mean the Sim Bin in CAS (top right of the little panel - little group of people I think)? Just checking.

If they're showing up in Bodyshop, one thing you might do is clone them and resave. Delete the old versions. Also all my sims are in the Saved Sims folder (not Downloads) - don't think that matters but might be worth a try.

Thanks for your response. Yes I do, assuming CAS is the same thing as Create a Family? It's confusing because I've never played Sims 2 before downloading the UC a couple of days ago, and the screenshots and abbreviations I see in the various guides round here are often different to what I'm seeing on my PC. I'm guessing the differences are to do with the expansion packs?

I did try moving my sims to the Saved Sims folder in Documents, but that didn't seem to help in-game and Bodyshop couldn't find them either when I did that. However I'll try the clone/resave in body shop and see what that does... assuming I can find them once it's saved them. I think I saw another thread here with that information so I should be good

*EDIT
I tried your suggestion and it worked! Thanks so much
BTW while I was testing I realised CAS = Create A Sim (the button label in Create A Family). Heh
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 11:49 PM
Yeah that's right, CAF=CAS more or less. Bodyshop should save the sim files in Saved Sims so if you want to back them up, that's where they'll be. If you can work out which is which file, you can also rename them - just don't change the extension. If it were me, I'd delete the old copies of the sims.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc