Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:35 AM
Thanks ^^

I'm on the one where she's supposed to make friends with the native villagers. I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do with those Singing stones, lol....I bet it's something obvious and I'm totally missing it...

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:38 AM
oh yeah i got a hard one with them to.

just klik on one of them and then klik on examen you will get instruction from there.

Visit my Dreamwidth for my latested uploads!
~Babbelsim~
Alchemist
#28 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:40 AM
I did, it told me I have to look out for a pattern, but I can't really find one. Are there more instructions if you click on more of them?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:49 AM
no that's all they say, but it took me a while to find out what they mean.

i'll try to explane myself: in the field you see 4 of these Singing stones klik on one of them and then klik on play.

then you see then light up like this, example: 1-1-2-3-4
when they stop you need to remember what the patern was and klik one them that same patern: 1-1-2-3-4.

each time they grow longer and at level 10 you get the little Singing stone in your inventory.

hope i explaned it right hehe ^__^'

~Babbelsim~
Alchemist
#30 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:52 AM
Oooooo....*.*

Okay, I think I got it. Thank you. I definitely need to try this on a clear head

Scholar
#31 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:54 AM
You get to use your own sim in the quest? Now I totally have to get this!

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:58 AM
your welcome ^__^

i'll hear it in the morning if it worked for you, yeah the mind can get a little cloudy on 2 am @_@

i'm off to bed nighty night ^_~

~Babbelsim~
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 8:22 AM
This looks like quite an interesting game, I might consider getting it.

Once you have finished the quest, can you continue playing whatever way you want (like TS2) on the island?
Alchemist
#34 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 11:54 AM
maxpax - yes you can. but you first need to play in story mode to unlock all the locations etc.

Scholar
#35 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 11:57 AM
Oh - I saw this at a HMV yesterday, but wasn't sure whether to get it. It looks fantastic! I'm willing to forget all about SecuRom for this. xD
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 4:13 PM
Any information on what Story mode is like? I've tried looking around, but can't find anything beyond 'Story mode is a quest-like adventure involving one of two Sims.'

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Alchemist
#37 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 4:37 PM
Well in story mode, you have goals to accomplish, like in an adventure game. At first these goals are very simple and they grow more difficult and time consuming as time goes by. For example, if your goal is to find an object, you must discover where that object is and pick it up. If it is to travel somewhere, you must discover the way. And so on. The goal must be completed before you can move forward wit the story. Apart from it, sims also get Wants, but no fears.

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
maxpax - yes you can. but you first need to play in story mode to unlock all the locations etc.

Thanks for that, I think I shall get my wallet out now :P

This will be my first Stories game, but as it is very different I am actually tempted to get it.
Good job EA!!
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 5:01 PM
I have a question. So I saw a picture where the red head girl had a toddler daughter, do they have families like in the sims? Will the children eventually grow into adults and be able to have their own family? Or do they stop growing eventually?
Field Researcher
#40 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 5:05 PM
I agree with everyone who said Castaway is the first Sim Stories they actually want to get.

To me, this seems like it actually makes sense installing and playing even if you have Sims 2, since it looks so different and appears to be a new, fun game.

Well done, EAxis!
Alchemist
#41 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by myimmortal89
I have a question. So I saw a picture where the red head girl had a toddler daughter, do they have families like in the sims? Will the children eventually grow into adults and be able to have their own family? Or do they stop growing eventually?

Yea, that part is just like in the Sims, once you're in freeplay mode. You can have kids and they will grow up etc. I haven't got to that part yet though. lol

Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 5:45 PM
I've just completed the quest.The game is awsome. Yes, you can have kids and play free on the island after you complete the tasks. And if you are not sure what to do to become firends with the natives, just interract with them and as the relationship bar grows, you will become friends with the natives.
Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 6:13 PM
Sweet! Sounds like I will have to save up for it! Thanks to the two of you that answered my question! I'm really excited to get this, I have the ps2 version and it's fun, but I've always preferred Sims on the PC.
#44 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 11:06 PM
I beat the Story Mode in one night. It took about 8 hours total. I was really surprised because I didn't expect the game to be as fun as it was. The graphics look really good, way better than TS2 even. And the dialog in the story is really funny. Yeah, the story end is kind of cliched, (Ok, I guess the whole story is one big cliche) but it's still cute. And I like how after finishing story mode you can keep playing and continue the story on your own. I just wish the water (especially the ponds) looked as nice in TS2 as they do in CS. But of course, the water in Twikkii Island looks tons better than any other beach hood in BV too. Really, I just bought this game to pass the time while I wait for FreeTime to come out, and it looks like it will do that.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 6:05 PM
okay, I really need to get this one! thanks for all the info:D
#46 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 9:58 PM
I got this last night and I'm really enjoying it!! Much more so than the other stories and I have 'em all. One question - getting to know the 4 villagers, what do I do for Kiri? She said something about being sick of lighting the trash pit. Do I do it for her?
Test Subject
#47 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 10:06 PM
Yep, you have to light the fire...
#48 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 10:17 PM
I was a bit off, it says: "Now the only fire I burn for is the fire pit. The wind keeps blowing it out. I am tired of lighting it." I tried lighting both pits and even the torches but nothing works. Am I missing something?
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 11:25 PM
Do you only have to go through story mode once to unlock all the island locations or do you have to go through it again everytime you make a new sim?

Looks really good, I want it as soon as I buy my camera! :D
#50 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 11:32 PM
I figured out I don't have to complete the 'mini-tasks' - I can complete them just by talking to them long enough, getting the friendship score up in the 50s.
Page 2 of 3