Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 6:31 PM
Default Have you done anything with the Uni pre-made characters?
I noticed that the University pre-made characters (Uresha-Cham Frat brothers, Tri-Var sorority sisters, etc) are some of the least talked about Maxis Sims. Even the Bluewater pre-made characters like Malcolm Landgraab seem to have a bigger "fanbase".

Have you done anything with them?
Advertisement
#2 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 6:35 PM
Quote:
Have you done anything with them?

Yes. It involved a pool and a vanishing ladder...
>_>
<_<
Alchemist
#3 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 6:37 PM
The only one I've ever done something with was Frances J Worthington III from La Fiesta Tech. Married him to a sim of mine - bad choice. He makes ugly kids.

I've almost graduated Marla Biggs and stella Terrano as well...almost.

I've given everyone makeovers :P

I think the reason why they're unpopular is that they are a prime example of maxis unfortunate facial features: not everyone is pretty in real life, yes, but most of those students can be counted among the worst looking Sims Maxis ever made. Why oh why must their faces be sickly gaunt with sausage like noses? Or else crooked like a hawk's? XD

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
I think the reason why they're unpopular is that they are a prime example of maxis unfortunate facial features: not everyone is pretty in real life, yes, but most of those students can be counted among the worst looking Sims Maxis ever made. Why oh why must their faces be sickly gaunt with sausage like noses? Or else crooked like a hawk's? XD

Haha, it's so true, unfortunately. I've only ever done anything with one of them - Christian... Monif, I think? I married him off to my first ever uni sim. I have no idea why I picked him... their daughter's quite pretty, but their son didn't turn out so well. Oh, these are before I started using CC so be prepared!
His daughter Lilia: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...zerliladult.jpg
And son, Gavin: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...9younggavin.jpg (Not a very good picture, sorry!)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 7:52 PM
I do play the Uni pre-mades but I generally only play La Fiesta Tech (I really like to play Stella).

I will point out that Klara Vonderstein tends to have weak dominance in her features -- I've seen her kids with two different LFT townies in different 'hoods take on their fathers' features (FYI: the guy with the black mohawk and the red-headed guy with the "mean sim" T-shirt); only in my current merged hood has her features ever come out. (Her personality genetics are pretty good so I can live with it.)

And just another reminder that my avatar sim is one of Stella's kids...
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 8:21 PM
I had played with La Fiesta and Sims university. I played with the Soriority household since one of my own sims (Sparda Paradiso of the Paradiso Bros) had asked for a blind date and gotten their romance sim of the lot and he was "accepted" to their Greek House (As a recruiter really, he just wanted a place to meet hot girls, also I gave Jessie Pilferston a makeover as I didnt like her cheeks that much). Also before I played with single sim students (No combination or anything) and had them combined into one big generation (A full 8 students!) that returned to pleasant view.
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 8:30 PM
Yeah, I had Francis J marry Angela what'sherface and they had a kid. A really UGLY kid. His face has so many nooks and cranies and even with Angela's good genes, their baby had pointed cheekbones and crazy eyebrows. I cheated her up to teenager to see if it got better but it didn't, I ended up giving her hair that covers most of her face.

I just started a new neighborhood and I had my first Sim go off to college and she joined Tri-Var. I gave all the girls makeovers and new clothes and completely remodeled the house last night.

Some of the other college students have made their way back to my other neighborhoods, but I can't remember any names off the top of my head.
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 2:12 PM
I've only played with Academie de la Tour, but that meant my poor sim ended up rooming with Max Flexor and Mitch Indie. Two bigger slobs I have not seen. They both could be counted upon to run around (naked!) emitting green clouds of stench, leaving a trail of rotting pizza and broken appliances in their wake. Max managed to get his gentleman's C with no aid, but Mitch was in constant academic emergency.

Max graduated and became a used-car salesman in Bluewater Village, but poor, stupid Mitch still lingers in University, eating rotten food in a haze of aspirational failure.

>shallow< They were both so ugly! Max had a jaw like a horseshoe, and Mitch...his beady little eyes, flat nose, receding chin, and molestor mustache are the stuff of nightmares.>shallow<
#9 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 3:48 PM
I once got Castor Nova (I've always liked this sim) married to one of my sims while I was playing in my own world "Scarley". I did hate pre-made maxis characters, townies and everything when I played the game in Norwegian (my language). I loathed the fact that the names were translated into Norwegian and I hated the translations.
When I had to install the game again I installed it in English and right now I tend to love pre-made maxis characters like The Beakers, the Curious brothers (LOVE THEM) etc. The names can matter very much. When the uni sim Frances Worthington was translated into Francis Verdifullsen (which means "son of worthful") it made no sense. When people are going to translate surnames into their language, they have to translate them into existing surnames.

I am not enjoying any uni sim at the moment. I think they are boring.... I tried to get a new girlfriend for Matthew Hart so it would be a challenge between Sarah Love and this new girl, but I got tired of that and I continued playing with the new girl (which was my creation).
Inventor
#10 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 3:51 PM
Most of the uni sims are ugly but I almost always play with Castor Nova and Heather Huffington. Sometimes I play Jane something or other too. Though she gets a makeover and surgery first.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 4:11 PM
Oh wow, I did so much with Stella...She started dating a boy in her dorm called Kody or something that starts with a K, who turned out to be a real jerk, and she ended up falling for a sim named..uh, I forget, but he was sort of a hippy. Anyway, Kody or whatever his name is walked in on them holding hands, and broke up with her. Stella didn't want to go back to hippy guy because she felt guilty. Then her grades started going down the tubes and she finally went back to the hippy, who she is going to stay with. They're both almost grads, so I'm excited to graduate them and move them back to strangetown so they can get married and spawn!

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
#12 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 8:14 AM
Not really, but if I install University on my Computer again, I will.
Instructor
#13 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 8:19 AM
... kill them leaving them dying in the stupid sims bin???
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 8:21 AM
i graduated the tri-var girls and killed two of them when they came back to strangetown. francis is married to one of my sims and stella is moving in with another. i may cheat to graduate the rest of the people at la fiesta tech and then randomly pick them off because i just don't like investing alot of time in sims i don't make.
#15 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vaalyah
... kill them leaving them dying in the stupid sims bin???

No, I'll play them. Unlike some of you lot, I don't care about the looks of people.
#16 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diego Varen
No, I'll play them. Unlike some of you lot, I don't care about the looks of people.

I agree there. Some sims have noses that are too big for reality and some sims have too big mouth.... I don't like that so much.... But most Uni Sims aren't ugly. They are average looking, like most people in the world. I do want some not-so-beautiful sims in my game too. I know three uni sims who I would call more-than-average beautiful: Castor Nova, Stella Terrano (she's fabulous) and Aldrick Davis (I'm pairing him up with one of my sims, Cassandra Potterton).
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 10:54 PM
I actually took the Uresha-Cham Frat brothers all the way through Uni and then married them off to some of my own sims (well, one hasn't gotten married yet). Next I'll take the sorority girls through and marry them off, too.

Also, I agree with Diego about the looks thing. I like to keep sims as they are. No surgery. Just change of hairstyle, clothes, whatever.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oceanborn
I agree there. Some sims have noses that are too big for reality and some sims have too big mouth.... I don't like that so much.... But most Uni Sims aren't ugly. They are average looking, like most people in the world. I do want some not-so-beautiful sims in my game too. I know three uni sims who I would call more-than-average beautiful: Castor Nova, Stella Terrano (she's fabulous) and Aldrick Davis (I'm pairing him up with one of my sims, Cassandra Potterton).

Yes, once Aldrick works out a bit, he is quite the prince charming for the girls.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 2:13 AM
i stopped caring about looks back in ts1! for me, it's jsut about the sheer amount of sims. it's like 15 or 20.
#20 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stasis Field
Yes. It involved a pool and a vanishing ladder...
>_>
<_<

LOL! That is so mean, yet so true. <_<
Some of the pre-made University sims (especially in Sim State University) are annoying!!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 10:00 PM
Hmm. I haven't done anything with the Sim Staters yet, but I've got plans for one of the cheerleaders... Jill, or whatever her name is. XD
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
The only one I've ever done something with was Frances J Worthington III from La Fiesta Tech. Married him to a sim of mine - bad choice. He makes ugly kids.

I did this too! My sim girl was quite pretty, but the kids didn't get many of her genes, unfortunately :eviltongu
Field Researcher
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 8:41 AM
I deleted them all, expect Stella Terrano - I have a thing with Aliens..

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 2:42 PM
Frances J. Worthington, III is my favorite pre-made sim at the moment. I just got back into The Sims 2 after taking a break (I used to play too much and I burned myself out, lol) and I decided on picking one of the pre-made sims to re-acclimate myself to the game.

After Frances graduated Summa Cum Laude, I built a mansion for him to move into that I dubbed his family's mansion--since he was rich and all--and I married him off to a townie. She wants kids but he's perfectly happy with their German Shepherd, lol. I'll probably have them try for a baby once Seasons comes out.

"You party hard, you play hard and that's what we do. We put a lot into it
and we enjoy the good stuff, hate the bad stuff and that's part of it." - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Instructor
#25 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 4:25 PM
I've done only one thing with a uni-townie sim. Jasmine (I forgot her old last name; current one is Carlson), one of the cheerleaders. She is married and has one girl, and they have a fabulous house (not yet complete :err: ) on the outskirts of Pleasantview. That's all. I detest most of the other Maxis Uni sims, except for that single girl in Academie Le Tour. I'll play her sometimes, but not often. :meh:

Ciao,
~M~
Page 1 of 4