Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 7:05 PM
Default Cell Phone problems
In the sims 2 university I started having a error message coming every time I tried to use my sims cell phone.
I downloaded the apartment life and university patches and downloaded an unofficial patch(alfixes) and those didnt fix the problem.
plz can someone help me with this problem
P.S.
I do have a custom cell phone(samsung s3) installed but it didnt affect the game.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 7:32 PM
Remove the custom cell phone and see if the error message goes away.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 7:39 PM
Exactly. How do you know the custom cell phone didn't affect the game? You don't, until you test it. If you take it out and the problem goes away, then the phone is at fault. You can just delete it, or download fresh (because it's possible for a good download to hiccup and corrupt itself) and test again.

If that doesn't work, you need to do the Game Problem FAQ for Sims2. You'll find it under the Help tag at the top of the screen. Don't just read it; do it (I suggest getting a snack and a book; it won't take as long as you think it will, but an awful lot of it is waiting for the game to load so you can test), and make notes of what happens, because if working the FAQ doesn't fix the problem, it might still give you (or someone from here) the clue necessary to figure out what the problem is.

If the FAQ fixes it, good. If it doesn't, then start a thread in the Help forum, explaining what you tried and what the results were. Then possess your soul in patience because the person who can help you may be asleep or at work and not browsing the Help forum right then.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 7:40 PM
Ok I will delete the mod and check thanks for the help
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 7:43 PM
Also, the patches and alfixes might not fix existing cell phones. Sell the old ones and buy new ones, then see what happens, if the problem doesn't end up being the custom phone. Or even if.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 7:53 PM
the error went away thank for the help guys
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 12:18 PM
I know there was a bug in AL that made the cellphone disappear if it rang. That bug was fixed in M&G.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Exactly. How do you know the custom cell phone didn't affect the game?

It'll just be a skin not an actual mod. This sounds more like the OP has an out of date phone hack in her game. If she's using Pescado's phone hack, she needs to make sure she has the one for the latest EP she has. The problem with phone hacks is that they needed to be updated with every EP because each EP would add something to the phone functionality. That means they were the first candidate to investigate if you had problems with communications after a new EP came out.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc