Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#126 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 7:01 PM
joninmobile: Thats not a technical suggestion.

Ghost: Okay I understand. Thats an auto-link, and as you mention, theres already a bunch of info pointing to the community section, so the S2C autolink is history now.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 8:01 PM
Some problems on the Links bar.
Here is the My Feedback page, where the bar has a white background:

And here is the Upload items page, where the bar doesn't show at all.

Also, in the upload page the box with our message count and icon things when we're signed in doesn't show up, but I think it should.
And you put more stuff on the bottom toolbar! Shiny!

Check my creations! http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=2248130
The Portuguese simmers group! Clicky!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#128 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 9:53 PM
The upload wizard has not had a navbar for, well, a very long time... this is deliberate.

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#129 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 10:52 AM
Hmm... I'd love to have a print media target in the css for the tutorials forum. There's always the archive view, but that doesn't show inline pictures which are quite important for tutorial threads.

What I'd love is a tutorial print-view which had the author details at the top, then the tutorial sensibly wrapped down the length of the page (without the floating menu bars showing up on each page or the persistent empty left column from the user details).

Yes, I still print out tutorials. They make for good train reading material! :D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#130 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 11:25 AM
Echo: Do you mean threads or articles?

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#131 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 11:30 AM
Well I was thinking threads, hadn't really considered articles. Aren't articles an alternative view of threads?
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 12:32 PM
I was looking at the Spore community site before, and I saw that members there can have their own personal picture threads for Spore and Sims pictures. I think that it's a really good idea, and I was just wondering if there could be something along those lines over here?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#133 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 1:59 PM
- Member profile pages now have the "Show All" and the individual sections changed so they return all downloads across both games, not just using the default
- The download browser has been modified to allow it to show all downloads for both games when applicable
- The sidebar on the dowload browser now has the option to search "All" games (ie TS2 and TS3)

Echo: Yes, but I can add a seperate stylesheet to articles too. Not so easy for threads since you dont want a "tutorial" style printable view for a normal thread.

Exxy: We don't have a "personal" picture thing here - instead we have the categories in the Sim Pictures forum. However, that was one of the things that came up in a staff meeting a while back, so it might get added sometime.

Test Subject
#134 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 3:54 PM
Hello,

First of all sorry for my poor english, I'm french.
Secondly : Thank you for this site. Very high level and nearly complete.

Thirdly : As we are in a "suggestions thread" maybe could it be interresting for new players to have some "tricks" not on the game itself, but from the experience of the "old" players and how start a good and not to hard game. After that everybody can do as he want but if the the new player knows some details of the game he can have many pleasure before trying harder challenges.

As I'm not a man who only wait from other, if you agree (and if somebody can verify my english terms) I could start and write some "experiences" and some advices for new players.

In two words this proposition is a "Newbee's corner".

Have a good day and a good game.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#135 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zoltic
Hello,

First of all sorry for my poor english, I'm french.
Secondly : Thank you for this site. Very high level and nearly complete.

Thirdly : As we are in a "suggestions thread" maybe could it be interresting for new players to have some "tricks" not on the game itself, but from the experience of the "old" players and how start a good and not to hard game. After that everybody can do as he want but if the the new player knows some details of the game he can have many pleasure before trying harder challenges.

As I'm not a man who only wait from other, if you agree (and if somebody can verify my english terms) I could start and write some "experiences" and some advices for new players.

In two words this proposition is a "Newbee's corner".

Have a good day and a good game.

Don't know if this is what you're talking about, but there's already a Sims Discussion page found here:

http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=579

They have general topics on the sims game, but I believe I've seen a thread or too about neat tips and tricks.

And also on the wiki in the Gameplay Guides section, there's a tips/tricks/cheats section as well That can be found here:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Gameplay_Guides

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#136 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 4:54 PM Last edited by Zoltic : 20th Sep 2009 at 4:56 PM. Reason: Orthographical faults (and maybe here too)
Thank you for a so fast answer.

I saw this sections, but it is not what I have in the head. Sorry, it is not very easy for me to explain in english.
In fact I thought about something like :

At the beggining it is better to choose good bed than good couch because your sim can stay on his bed to read cumfortably but can't sleep very good on a couch.
Same, choose a good refrigerator because it is same price if you prepare for 1 or for 8 and time to time you have no time to prepare a good dinner. Prepared meats are not so efficient than cooking. So you must preserve your food as long as possible.

But not exactly under this form. I thought about some scenarii with explanations of why players choose this kind of sim or/and this employment or/and this end project,..... and how to have the better in each situation.

Or something like "stories of sims" but with many explanations about why the player (writer) choose this or that option to progress.

Maybe this kind of "post" can be writed in existant part of the site. But I didn't find where.

PS : My American is not better than my English. Sorry.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 5:56 PM
This isn't so much a suggestion, but a comment. Someone may have already pointed it out though.

When in the Sims 3 doownload section, if you click on the featured item link or the MTS' Top Items link, it takes you to the Sims 2 section.

I'd love to be able to browse the Sims 3 top items like you can in the Sims 2 section.

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#138 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 6:32 PM
fenerd: You can. Just click the icon in the top right. The one with the Sims 3 logo.

Lab Assistant
#139 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 8:01 PM
umm, I know that button is there but I don't think I am explaining what I mean well, try this:

If you go to the Sims 2 main download page there are 2 buttons:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/...s/Sims2main.jpg

which when clicked take you to the featured items for Sims 2:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/...es/Sims2top.jpg

BUT in the Sims 3 section, there are the Same 2 buttons:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/...s/Sims3main.jpg

but clicking either takes you to a sims 2 top items page, not Sims 3:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/...ims3notfeat.jpg

and clicking the switch to Sims 3 logo in the top right just takes you back to the MAIN Sims 3 page:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/.../sims3main2.jpg

I can't find any links that take you to JUST featured downloads for Sims 3... or am I being really thick and missing something (quite likely)?

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 1:31 AM
I think that the site is great, but here's something I'd like to see implemented

In my days of playing MMO Private Servers, I noticed that many of them have a chatroom hosted by a site called "Xat". This is a site where people can get their own custom chatrooms for free. The best thing about this is that you can either have it hosted off their site, or get the code to put it onto MTS. I think that this would be great for MTS because among other features (including games, a chat radio, etc), you have 4 levels of users:

Main Owners:
Can premote/demote Moderators and Owners.
Can turn guests into members, and vice-versa.
Can kick users from chat.
Can ban users from chat from 0 hours to forever.

Owners:
Can premote/demote Moderators.
Can appoint Owners.
Can ban users from chat from 0 hours to forever.

Moderators:
Can ban users from chat for up to 6 hours (not sure on the exact number of hours for this).

Members:
Pretty much just a normal user.

Guests:
Depending on the settings of the chat, a guest may or may not be able to speak in chat. If they can't, they can PM a Moderator/Owner about making them a member.

If Delphy implements this, I think it would be a great step for MTS. If this cannot be implemented, then I understand.

-Sheldrake
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#141 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 2:24 AM
We already have a chat, are you aware of that? It's in (top level menu) Community > Live Chat.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Banned
#142 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 2:35 AM
I noticed just now, when browsing in the downloads/Shiny Stuff/Top items section at the link at the top of the page, it only shows sims 2 downloads, and when you click the show sims 3 items to the upper right hand corner it shows all sims 3 downloads regular and everything. Perhaps adding to that section downloads/Shiny Stuff/ Top items/ Sims 2/ Sims 3.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#143 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 2:44 AM
FeNrd / Joninmobile: On the sidebar, select Sims 2 (or Sims 3). Uncheck "Normal downloads". Click Filter. Then you have a list of all featured (or picked) Sims 3 downloads.

I'll agree it's not that intuitive, so I'll have to fix up the code for the logo to switch properly.

Sheldrake: As plasticbox says, we already have a chat room, with various channels in it. These channels are setup by admins and run by staff. I do not believe that a model such as the one you describe is really suitable for a site like this, especially given how few people actually come into the normal chat anyway, and I will not turn this site into some teen-infested lol omg lik u no multi-drivel multi-chat site.

I really don't understand where this would be a good thing for the site as a whole. Sorry to shoot you down, but it's not the direction I want to take the site in.

Banned
#144 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 2:52 AM
Oh and I also another thing that smaller websites use (I don't know if it would be appropriate for such a large site as mts or not) is site status. I know that insimenator.org has this. When you go to the homepage it says, we have (for example) 3,866 members. Our members have made a total of 90,899 posts.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#145 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 3:29 AM
We do have these stats (users online is displayed in various places, such as the top navbar); some are available, some have got eaten by years of redesigning. Every now and then we post a stats summary, which has a lot of info that can't be displayed with a normal counter.
Total users is shown on the old forums.php. We'd have to think about which statistics are useful and meaningful, and where they'd be best placed, before (re)implementing them.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
#146 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 4:14 AM
I know that when you click on the home tab, it shows you how many users are currently online. Why not put total users, and total posts of users there.
Mad Poster
#147 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Rapsheba, lewjen: I have 4 words for you.

This is not Livejournal.

tlynnjpeg, Hrm thats probably a good idea.

sorry. Then again, I have no idea what "livejournal" IS, but judging from your tone, I'm guessing you dislike it. nevermind then.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Anime Addict
#148 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 10:08 AM
Raps, livejournal is something along the lines of Twitter...

My Alter Ego's
MTS | The Sim Supply | The Exchange

"I used to have Multiple Personality Disorder but we're ok now"
"Click here to find out how to keep an idiot busy for hours"
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#149 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 10:22 AM
Well, it's not *quite* as bad as twitter. LJ at least allows complete and coherent sentences, even if most of its members choose not to avail themselves of the option.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#150 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 11:09 AM
joninmobile: Thread, post and member count statistics are already available on the About this site page. They have been for, oh, I dunno, about 3 years.

Page 6 of 15