Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 5:53 AM
Default Island of Aserio - PSDuckie
I haven't started actually playing yet, but I have put the finishing touches on all the Sims, including giving them their jobs. So, here are some pictures of my Sims and their houses!

------------------------------------------------

Starting with the Mayor's family:

The man in the blue shirt is Mayor Dave Aserion. (Yes, the family name is a typo; I decided not to correct it.) The man in the black is his brother, Rep. Mikey Aserion, and the woman in the back is Winter, an island native that the Aserions took in after her family was wiped out by disease.

Mayor Dave is obviously the mayor; Rep. Mikey is the assemblyperson. Both of those positions will be hereditary in this neighborhood, with the new mayor being the old mayor's firstborn and the new assemblyperson being the old mayor's second-born. I declined to give Winter a job.

This is their house, Beachhead Keep. I used the familyfunds cheat in building all of the houses, but it was to take Simoleons away, not to add them. I built Beachhead Keep on a §9800 budget (not counting the lot size).

The man in the green shirt is Mayor Dave and Rep. Mikey's other brother, Scion Sam Duck. (I'm using the title "Scion" to signify the head of an immigrant household.) He is in the Gamer career. The woman is Nightfall, a native who was in the same situation Winter was in. Like Winter, Nightfall is unemployed.

And this is their house, Duck Manor. I only gave myself a §4800 budget to build this one, so it is not finished yet and will not be until Sam can get some money.

The woman on the left is Shei Rouge Aluvi while the man to her right is her husband, Shiero Rijo Aluvi. ("Shei" is the native equivalent of the immigrants' "Scion" while "Shiero" refers to the husband of the Shei.) Shei Rouge is in the Architecture career, while Shiero Rijo is unemployed.

And for the final family, Shei Azula Serenai is on the left, while her husband Shiero Alann Serenai is on the right. Shei Azula is in the Athletic career, while Shiero Alann is unemployed.
Screenshots

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 9:49 PM
I love reading about simmers´ own custom cultures and can´t wait to see the dynamics between natives and imigrants unfold!
And I suppose with the legacy-like starting homes, Shei Rouge Aluvi won´t complain about not enough work in the future
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 1:18 AM
Well, the game seems to want to mess with my plans. I was playing Shei Azula and on her first day of work, she got a chance card - and got fired. I definitely want to give her another job; depending on what her LTW is (I honestly don't remember) I might help her with that; otherwise I'll probably just put her back in level 1 of the Athletic career.

Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
Well, the game seems to want to mess with my plans. I was playing Shei Azula and on her first day of work, she got a chance card - and got fired. I definitely want to give her another job; depending on what her LTW is (I honestly don't remember) I might help her with that; otherwise I'll probably just put her back in level 1 of the Athletic career.

Okay, I've been doing a lot of thinking and not a lot of playing. Since Shei Azula was at Athletic 1 when I messed up the chance card, I'm wondering if putting her back into Athletic 1 would be too cheaty. What do you guys think? Should I put her back in Athletic 1 or should I find a different form of making money for her?

Scholar
#5 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 1:13 AM
My advice is to do what you usually do in such a situation. First, we are probably a pretty inhomogeneous bunch anyway and it would be near impossible to make us all adhere to the same playstyle. And second you already reduced your starting money voluntarily. I do not think anyone would accuse you of trying to seize an unfair advantage by putting her back onto her career track.
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
My advice is to do what you usually do in such a situation. First, we are probably a pretty inhomogeneous bunch anyway and it would be near impossible to make us all adhere to the same playstyle. And second you already reduced your starting money voluntarily. I do not think anyone would accuse you of trying to seize an unfair advantage by putting her back onto her career track.

I hadn't played much TS2 at all for a while before this started. Blame Windows 8! And since chance cards are rare in TS3 and TS4, I've actually not had a chance card do this to me.

As for what's the norm for me for when a sim loses her job, it usually happens by me hitting the Quit Job button for that sim. So, yeah.

Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 6:36 PM
Just let the sim look for another job in the newspaper or at the computer (if they have one)
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
Just let the sim look for another job in the newspaper or at the computer (if they have one)

That's exactly what I ended up doing. Shei Azula is now in the Criminal track.

Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 6:18 PM
I've not been able to play much, so here's where I'm at now.

Shei Azula is still in a cash crunch; I expect a visit from the Repo Man soon. In addition, a stray cat destroyed the bed, so at this point, the two Sims in that house are sharing one single bed. (Yes, that's how much of a cash crunch I'm dealing with; they didn't have enough Simoleons for even the worst double bed.) Since I'm still in my first rotation at this point, I haven't played my other families; hopefully when I play those I"ll have better luck!

Field Researcher
#10 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 7:22 PM
Ah, no worries ^_^
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 9:17 PM
Well, I got to play some more and finished Shei Azula's rotation. I got out of the cash crunch (no Repo Man, thankfully) and got Shei Azula up to Criminal 3. Before I start Shei Rouge's rotation, I have a rules question that will determine what decision I make in a future rotation.

I know that the Adoption Service on the phone is banned at this point, but what about creating a child Sim in CAS and using SimPE to add him/her to the family? Storyline-wise, it could be Shei Azula (for example) finding and taking in a lost child.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 12:18 AM
But then you would need to create an adult? Hm I don't know :S
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
But then you would need to create an adult? Hm I don't know :S

Yes, I would have to create a throwaway adult Sim. Unfortunately, it's not as easy to get rid of a throwaway Sim in TS2 (or TS4 for that matter) as it is in TS3...

Speaking of differences between TS2 and TS3/TS4, I absolutely detest the whole "family friends for careers" thing. I'm thinking of installing the mod that removes that, but AGS for TS2 doesn't work on my computer, and I don't want to mess up my file for this game.

Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
Yes, I would have to create a throwaway adult Sim. Unfortunately, it's not as easy to get rid of a throwaway Sim in TS2 (or TS4 for that matter) as it is in TS3...

Speaking of differences between TS2 and TS3/TS4, I absolutely detest the whole "family friends for careers" thing. I'm thinking of installing the mod that removes that, but AGS for TS2 doesn't work on my computer, and I don't want to mess up my file for this game.

@Prah would it be possible to get a ruling on both of those? Thanks!

Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 7:56 PM
Oh sorry! Well sure you can get a mod that removes family friends for careers!

And I would wait until adoption in the other case
Scholar
#16 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 3:41 PM
If you want to raise a foundling, then how about spawning a child via the Tombstone of Life and Death?
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
If you want to raise a foundling, then how about spawning a child via the Tombstone of Life and Death?

That would work too; I didn't know that L&D could do that! However, I'm not going to be doing that because of the whole adoption not being unlocked thing.