Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Can my computer handle TS3?
I know what you are thinking, and I have checked the system requirements but I'm not too sure weather I can run it because I dont know whats better and whats not than what they listed.. I'm a bit hopeless with computers! Sorry if this should go somewhere else, please move it.

Okay, I have my DxDiag thingy, I will post it here if anyone can make sense of it. These are the most important bits: I took out all the codes and looongg endless stuff you probably dont need. Incase I took something out you need, please tell me and I can put it in!

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/4/2009, 11:19:02
Machine name: REGISTEREDUS-PC
Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: EP43-DS3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 1005MB used, 3328MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9400 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0641&SUBSYS_349B1458&REV_A1
Display Memory: 1269 MB
Dedicated Memory: 501 MB
Shared Memory: 767 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 449.5 GB
Total Space: 610.5 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD6400AACS-00G8B0 ATA Device

Drive: D:
Model: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216 ATA Device
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.00.6001.18000 (English), 1/21/2008 11:53:02, 67072 bytes

Okay, my main questions are:

-Will I have enough space on my computer to store Sims 2, all EPs and all SPs (except for 2), AND The Sims 3? And a.. 3.97GB downloads folder?

-Will the game look good, and will I be able to have the settings on high?

-Is the game good, in your opinion, for someone who would like to build? Are the sim's faces really all that round and "all look the same"? Are there not enough objects? Sims 3 forums have made me worried, but I still want it..

I hope my computer is okay. I got it december '08.

Thanks HEAPS!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:44 PM
You've got better specs than my laptop and it plays just fine. I am able to have my settings on high and it works great.

As far as the game goes.. .well... I'm not sure it is so much an "upgrade" as a lateral move from the Sims 2. Sims 1 to Sims 2 was a huge improvement. But Sims 2 to 3 is not necessarily so much better, as it is different. There are a lot more options (actual different novels to read, for example) but I am disappointed with these like the sim's faces. I knew I wasn't going to like it and I really don't. But, it's negligible and I just try not to look at them. Hopefully, we will have some talented modders to make us some better skins. Help us Enayla! :D

Happy Simming!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:46 PM
We have a forum with all that info. It's called Hardware and Software. Please read the sticky at the top of that forum for this sort of question.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Locked thread | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: Game is not broken.