Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 4:27 PM
Default WCIF mod which spawns collectables in different areas ?
Hi. I'm one of those needy simmers who likes her gameplay to be a bit more challenging\realistic and I've grown bored of the fact that I can find collectables (flowers,rocks,shrooms) mainly in the same places every other sim day. It's like if I wanted,I could live out of wild herbs I've found at the park. It's ridiculous. lel
I've been wondering if there is such mod which adds more diversity in places collectables are spawn,so I could actually search for them. Or at least a mod that makes prices of flowers more realistic? Thankies. :D
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 5:44 PM
I haven't seen a mod that does what you are asking but you can add more diversity by adding spawners in different places if you have testingcheatsenabled true and use the buydebug on cheat. All the spawners are available for placement.

I think spawners that were built into a world using CAW might need to be removed using that tool. Sorry, not familiar with that. However, in many of the custom worlds I play I have been able to remove spawners that were on the lots themselves by going into edit town with testingcheatsenabled true. I think you might need buydebug on or moveobjects on.

If you are not sure how buydebug works take a look at the illustration in Don Babilon's Post #4 In This Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 6:35 PM
I do know how ,,buydebug'' works.But the thing that annoys me the most is predictability of spawners. There's no fun knowing where I can find ''free money''. On the other hand,those which exist in certain places doesn't get on my nerves,but it would be oh so so better if they could disappear and reappear in different areas by themselves. :D
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 8:14 PM
This isn't the answer you are looking for, but there are a lot of things like that in this game that detract from realistic attempts to manage our sims' everyday lives. I tend to ignore most of them. For example, my sims do not harvest money trees (maybe one tree if I want them to get to 100% of crops or something), they usually don't eat free food out of the fridge unless they have no other choice, and they do not make a living picking stuff up from the ground and selling it -- maybe a couple of mine have picked up a few flowers here and there or a shiny object that has captured their attention in an otherwise idle moment. I just kind of tune those kinds things out in my mind and usually don't even see them around much unless on a quest to find a particular gem or something.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 8:27 PM Last edited by barbarat : 31st Jul 2016 at 4:22 PM. Reason: Fixed Link
Quote: Originally posted by trashysoul
I do know how ,,buydebug'' works.But the thing that annoys me the most is predictability of spawners. There's no fun knowing where I can find ''free money''. On the other hand,those which exist in certain places doesn't get on my nerves,but it would be oh so so better if they could disappear and reappear in different areas by themselves. :D

That's just the nature of the beast I guess. Perhaps adding some playable tombs in your town will offer a new game experience for the unexpected. There are some suggested by NRaas Members [[http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Playable+Tombs|On This Page]].

My bad. I forgot I was not posting in the wiki. Here's the correct link MTS style Playable Tombs