Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#76 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:10 PM
I actually have a question, is the only way to become a witch/warlock in AL to go and befriend another witch/warlock? Or can you just do it on your own?
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:13 PM
I guess GiipsySimKittyn but if someone can made a buyable spellbook and cauldron, it's will not be the case no more. :D
#78 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Daisie
Ah, that's why that doesn't work! Couldn't figure it out.

Anyway, I doubt anyone will update it. And I'd rather have the hack than the 45-degree thing anyway.

Actually I tried the 45 degree angle feature because I was trying to see the witch fly away, and I found it to be absolutely the worst feature. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like it all. Apparently you can't zoom in and out, you can only move forwards and backwards and side to side. My original thought was that it would be useful for capturing those hard-to-get in game shots when you try to take a picture and for one reason or another it's at an odd angle. It wasn't very useful at all to be honest.. other than to see the ceiling.. and that's only interesting for about 3 seconds, not to mention the ceiling I happened to be viewing (pre-made home) was like 5 different colors.. which is not exactly realistic.Blah. :I feel a little better about it now:

ETA my own questions:
1. Does anyone know if they removed the "key" in the game options sections where you type in the pets unlockables. Mine seems to have disappeared?? Perhaps it's something I have downloaded. I hesitate to ask about it on the BBS, but it's really annoying because I have stuff I wanted to add but I can't enter the codes. I can't seem to find anyone else mentioning it so perhaps it's just my game.

2. Why am I not able to call my neighbors? I know them,they are in my list of friends etc, yet when I pick up the phone it gives me only one person I can contact. Are you not able to invite your neighbors over to your home by picking up the phone and "inviting household"?
Field Researcher
#79 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by s.teph
2. Why am I not able to call my neighbors? I know them,they are in my list of friends etc, yet when I pick up the phone it gives me only one person I can contact. Are you not able to invite your neighbors over to your home by picking up the phone and "inviting household"?

You can only call neighbors when they're actually inside their apartments; if they're out in the common areas, the option to call them doesn't seem to be available (much like Sims don't appear in the phonebook if they're on a Sim's lot).
Scholar
#80 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 7:48 AM
What happens when you reach top of reputation bar? Do you get anything, or do anything special? :O
Field Researcher
#81 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 8:21 AM
As your Sims builds reputation, any number of things can randomly happen. My Sim has gotten a "free sample" of a TV, a blind date with a 3-bolt match, job offers, lowered rent, etc. I love it, there are definite benefits to working on reputation. I think the highest reputation (Social Celebrity) just greatly increases the odds that someone will network with them.
Test Subject
#82 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 1:04 PM
Could someone please tell me a little bit about the social groups? What's the purpose with them? Can your simmie join a social group?
Field Researcher
#83 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilyBerg
Could someone please tell me a little bit about the social groups? What's the purpose with them? Can your simmie join a social group?

Social groups are determined by the lot's class, which in turn is decided by the (average, I think) rent of that particular lot. If a lot's class is "high", it will draw mostly members of the socialite social group, while very cheap lots are more likely to draw the gearheads. Playable Sims can't actually join a social group. Each group has its own special greeting - such as Kiss, Kiss Darling for the socialites. Using the right greeting for a social group townie gives a bigger boost than a normal greeting or the wrong social greeting.

The social groups, from what I can tell, serve to give you a way to find like-minded Sims easily. If you have a Sim who is into tinkering, you might consider moving him into a lower end apartment so that he has other people around with the same interests. Someone into arts and crafts might do well around the bohemians, while someone who likes Cuisine may just hit it off with the socialites.
Test Subject
#84 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 2:36 PM
Thanks for the info, JavaJulie! -smile-
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 4:08 PM
where do you find the jump rope option? i have yet to find it and i have most of my pre-AI hacks out (I can't live without the hula/toddler pose hack). Help
Field Researcher
#86 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bree2kool8
where do you find the jump rope option? i have yet to find it and i have most of my pre-AI hacks out (I can't live without the hula/toddler pose hack). Help

The jump rope option is part of the pie menu that appears when you click on active Sim (as you would to do Yoga or meditate, etc.) Chances are the hula or toddler pose hack are interfering if you can't see it there.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 4:23 PM
awesome, thank you, JavaJulie. I have another question, the new cuddle while sleeping interaction, do they do that by themselves? As well as the cuddle and look under the stars interaction?
Field Researcher
#88 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bree2kool8
awesome, thank you, JavaJulie. I have another question, the new cuddle while sleeping interaction, do they do that by themselves? As well as the cuddle and look under the stars interaction?

Cuddle Under the stars/clouds is a normal romantic interaction (and very sweet). I haven't had two Sims spend the night together yet, but I believe I have read that the new bed cuddle is autonomous.
Banned
#89 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 4:52 PM
i was wondering where are the trailers? in a preview i saw a small house on wheels but i cant find trailers in my apartment life? where are they and how can my sims move into them?
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by owaizoo
i was wondering where are the trailers? in a preview i saw a small house on wheels but i cant find trailers in my apartment life? where are they and how can my sims move into them?

You can find the trailer apartment lot in Belladonna Cove on the far right hand side (Jessica Peterson is the playable sim currently living in one of them) or in the house bin under Speciality Lots. I can't remember the exact name of it, but I'm pretty sure it has the word 'Trailer' in the title. It has four or five rentable trailers on the lot. You play them just like normal apartments; click on the door and rent them.

Also, if you don't mind custom content, Parsimonious updated the other day with a cute caravan/trailer style lot:

http://www.parsimonious.org/realest...al_mayhem.shtml

I'm sure there will be many trailer park style lots coming soon to other fansites.
#91 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 12:38 AM
I've only had the game for a little while, 3 days in fact, so I'm curious about that new bookcase. What's so special about it?
Field Researcher
#92 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 12:55 AM
The main thing that is special about the new bookcase is that it is actually a door that can be used to lead to a "secret room", or simply any room at all for that matter. Sims can activate the door by choosing to read "Mysteriously Mysterious Mystery Novel" (or something to that effect).
#93 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 2:41 AM
may i know is it possible for your sim to access a neighbor's apartment? if so how do you do it?
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by game90
may i know is it possible for your sim to access a neighbor's apartment? if so how do you do it?

All you have to do is knock on the door, if they are home they will let you in, but sometimes they are home, but dont want to be bothered.
Banned
#95 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 12:48 PM
oh ok thanks a lot!
just to make clear to my self,what you said is,the trailer park with trailers are not in the neighborhood but they are in lot bin?
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 2:23 PM
Default Aquarium
Where's the huge aquarium the ad displays? I checked pet bin and statues..
Banned
#97 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamestress
Where's the huge aquarium the ad displays? I checked pet bin and statues..

go to buymode and then to the collections,look for apartment life collection and it will be there,place the aquarium somewhere and use that dropper like tool to select it and it will take you to the correct category where it is!
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by owaizoo
go to buymode and then to the collections,look for apartment life collection and it will be there,place the aquarium somewhere and use that dropper like tool to select it and it will take you to the correct category where it is!

thanks! All this time playing and I'm still learning tricks!
Scholar
#99 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ennui
Anyone find the breakdancer yet? I had a sim hang out at one of the community lots that came with AL, and she was there for ages and I didn't run into him. I want to breakdance, baby!

ive been wondering this as well is it any particilar lot or what?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#100 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 4:25 PM
I think the break dancer is like the fire-dancer from BV. You buy the cardboard square and place it on a lot; it's not like a witch that randomly appears. Check a few other community lots that came with AL, maybe?
Page 4 of 10