Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 2:23 PM
Default Adding Pregnant Morphs to Maxis clothing?
Hi everyone,
I hope this section is the right one for my question.

Anyway, I want to add pregnant morphs to all female adult Maxis outfits. I mean I don't want to create new clothes.
I just want to edit the Maxis mesh and add a pregnant morph.

I tried some tutorials but I always failed (until now).
It is valid for maternity - that worked. Pregnant sims wore those clothes when they got pregnant.
But the pregnant belly wasn't there.

What did I wrong?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 4:45 PM
You enabled the clothing for maternity, but you still have to create a pregnant morph. What tools do you use? TSRW? CTU? Milkshape? What did you do so far?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 5:41 PM
I cloned an adult female top with s3oc.
I extracted the CASP of it and extracted the meshes from FullBuild0.package (base lod1,2,3 and its morphs)
Then, I extracted some other meshes with pregnant morphs.

I used the MeshToolKit to create a pregnant morph (I'm lazy to do it in MilkShape)
Later, I started BodyMorphMaker and did the tutorial (I imported my three morphed meshes and created a BGEO of it)

Then, I didn't understand the tutorial really and tried to follow the rest.
But I have imported the pregnant BGEO into the package and saved it under a new name.

EDIT: I followed this tutorial.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 9:52 PM
You have to replace the empty 'Special' BGEO in the package with the new one you created. The easiest way would be to use s3pe, right-click the special BGEO in the clone, click 'Replace', and select your pregnant morph BGEO.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 4:33 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 22nd Jun 2014 at 5:42 PM.
Thank you that worked.
But I have a question.

I found those two outifts in the game:
afBodyAirForceEnlisted and afBodyAirForceEnlisted_unlock

I'm not sure if I have to create a default replacement for them both.
Because those two outifts use the same meshes.

Is it neccesary to replace afBodyAirForceEnlisted_unlock's pregnant morph or would it be OK if I just replace afBodyAirForceEnlisted's pregnant morph?

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 6:20 PM
It depends - you have to see if they both link to the same BGEO or different ones. When you make the default replacement clones, see if the special BGEOs have the same TGI. If so, you only need to replace one. If not, you can make one new BGEO and replace both of them with it.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 8:17 PM
How about these files?

I've added a pregnant morph in afBodyAirForceEnlisted and one in afBodyAirForceEnlisted_unlock.
Is (in that case) afBodyAirForceEnlisted_unlock unnecessary?

Please have a look into those two packages.
Because I don't understand what you mean.
Is TGI "Type Group Instance"?

I'm a Newbie in TS3 meshing.
I've only meshed for TS2 until now.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  afBodyAirForceEnlisted.rar (2.32 MB, 13 downloads) - View custom content

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 1:02 AM
Yes, TGI = Type, Group, Instance. The type is the type of the file (BGEO, GEOM, etc.), the Group is used mostly for clothing with each clothing having a different group ID, and Instance is (usually) a number generated by a hash of the file name. Every resource in the game has a unique TGI.

In this case, both AirForceEnlisted items seem to use the same meshes and morphs - the TGIs are identical. You should only have to include the special BGEO for one of them in your mod. The 'unlock' one is not necessary but it's not a bad idea to have it in case someone for some reason installs the unlock package and not the regular package. (Unless you package them both together.)

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 6:55 AM
Is afBodyAirForceEnlisted_unlock enabled for maternity if I only do it for afBodyAirForceEnlisted?
And would it cause any conflicts if I have both installed?

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 8:10 AM
No, and no.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 10:35 AM
Thank you.
You're really helpful.

Anyway, if there would be any conflicts...
How could I recognize those conflicts? Is there a program for that?

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 1:11 PM
If you have more than one resource with the same TGI in your mods, it's a conflict since only one of them will actually be used in the game. So if you have two BGEOs with the same TGI (for AirForceEnlisted and AirForceEnlisted_unlocked) technically that's a conflict, but since they're identical it won't cause any problems.

If you used a tool like Delphy's Dashboard to check for conflicts it would show up.

If you had a situation of the wrong BGEO being used for a mesh, you'd get spiky distortions when the sim is pregnant.

The two CASPs are different, with different TGIs (but linking to the same meshes and so on) so there's no conflict there but they have to both be enabled for maternity.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 2:56 PM
Thank you for everything.
But I have a quesion (sorry to annoy you)

Is it OK to merge all packages into 1 big package?
I mean all Base Game outifts into 1 package
all World Adventures outfits into 1 package...and so on.

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 3:50 PM
Sure, it's okay to merge packages, in fact it will help the game load a little faster. The only reason not to merge is if someone wants to install pregnant morphs only for some game outfits and not others - just a matter of preference.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 4:25 PM
Ok, I'll skip merging then.

But I've got a new question (again, sorry to annoy you)
But I cloned a Maxis outift which has more lods than others (lod1, lod1_1, lod2, lod2_1,...)
And also each lodx and lodx_1 has its own morph.
I mean (lod1_fat/thin/fit, lod_1_1_fat/fit/thin, lod2...)

I've done the pregnant morphs for each lod (also for 1_1,2_1,3_1)

But if I use MeshToolKit to create a BGEO, it warns me of something but it may be safe.
I don't understand what that means.

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#16 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 9:06 PM
What does the warning say, exactly?

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:07 PM
Again, I don't know why it warns me.
Screenshots

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#18 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 8:58 PM
When you have a multipart mesh like yours, the different parts (lod1, lod1_1, etc.) for each lod have to be numbered consecutively. For example, lod1 could be numbered 5000-5200, and lod1_1 would be numbered 5201-6000. Lod1_1 has to start with the next number after the last number in lod1. If this isn't right your morph will probably be distorted.

You need to renumber your base and morph meshes, either with Toolkit or in Milkshape with Wes's Auto Renum plugin. Do this for each lod. You can start lod2 with the next number after lod1, or start back at the beginning again; same for lod3. The bases and morphs must be renumbered together so the numbers match.

The standard numbers for full bodies and tops start at 5000. The numbers for bottoms start at 15000.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 9:12 PM
But the warning also appears when I do it for Maxis meshes.
I loaded the Maxis fat morphs and the warning appeared for the Maxis fat morphs.
I have extracted the fat morphs with s3pe.

So are all Maxis BGEOs with multiple lods (1,1_1,2,2_1,3,3_1) corrupt?

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#20 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 2:57 PM
You'd have to tell me which meshes you're talking about and exactly what you loaded in Toolkit. Looking at your screenshot more closely, it looks like you have a morph mesh (lod2) and a base mesh (lod2_1) loaded, but I'm only going by the file names. I can't see what you have in the lod1 slots. Only morph meshes should be loaded when making a BGEO.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:29 PM
This mesh is a different mesh...
Lod1,2,3 are bodies (without left arms)
Lod1_1,2_1,3_1 are left arms but there's no body...

Pregnant arms are wider than normal arms. That's why I have to create pregnant morphs for those part lods too.

By the way, if I load all fat morphs of the same mesh (afBodyApron) including the 1_1,2_1,...lods, the same warning appears.
But those fat morphs are all by Maxis. Therefore I'm asking whether all Maxis BGEOs with multiple part lods are corrupt.

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#22 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 8:35 AM
You're right - those meshes have overlapping numbering. I haven't seen that before but it seems to be true in EA meshes for af fullbody meshes with multiple parts at least.

The Toolkit warning is still valid for most custom meshes that add or remove vertices or combine different meshes - there's no good way to renumber multipart meshes the same way EA seems to do it, at least at this time, so in general overlapping numbering is bad.

In your own case of adding pregnant morphs, you can just ignore the warning. Sorry for my previous post about renumbering, I got confused and forgot what you're doing.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 10:39 AM
It's OK. I haven't done much after that. Now I can delete the BGEO and do it without renumbering. (I've made a backup of each lod)

But I'm still wondering.
How would a pregnant morph looks like when I would skip renumbering and it would be required in this case?

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#24 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 2:01 PM
If your base and morph weren't numbered right, the sim's body would get distorted while she's pregnant. The bigger the pregnancy is, the more distortion you'd see.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 1:28 PM
I've used MeshToolkit for making pregnant morphs and edited it in Milkshape (if necessary) but in lod2 and lod3 I've got black spots.
Are those spots harmless or are they really important?
Because they only appear in lod2/3 but not in lod1.

My Simblr
Page 1 of 2