Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 4:33 PM
Default How to recolor custom items for sims2
Today, I completed a custom made table and dining chair. I do plan on sharing it with the MTS community. The only issue that I'm having is figuring out how to recolor my custom made objects. I already know how to recolor maxis objects since they are already listed in the Object workshop. I've looked high and low for tutorials on recoloring CC. I found answers like, "You can't recolor custom content" Or links to tutorials on how to customized maxis content.

Any advice or links would be appreciated. I'll also give credit to those who have helped me.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 7:04 PM
On the first screen of the Object Workshop, click "Open" or "Browse" (I forget which now) instead of Start. Browse to your mesh file, and you'll get the standard clone or recolour options.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
On the first screen of the Object Workshop, click "Open" or "Browse" (I forget which now) instead of Start. Browse to your mesh file, and you'll get the standard clone or recolour options.

Thanks. I may have did something wrong earlier. I tried what you just suggested and only the maxis chair that my cc was cloned from recolored.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 11:23 PM
It sounds like the custom mesh you tried to recolor needs a new GUID. If a new mesh isn't given one and you recolor it, the recolor will show up on the object that was cloned.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
It sounds like the custom mesh you tried to recolor needs a new GUID. If a new mesh isn't given one and you recolor it, the recolor will show up on the object that was cloned.

I did give a new guid to the object. If you are talking about assigning the guid to the object, I'm afraid to say that I'm not quite familiar with that. I just know how to assign guids to food.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 12:33 AM
What exactly did you do when it came to giving the object a new GUID?

Are you sure you browsed to the most recent version of the mesh file?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 12:35 AM
I have no idea if it's the same process, but you need to do it in the OBJD. Click "get GUID", click "register object" on the little screen that comes up, click "update" (the little check box under that should not be checked) then commit. (You can also give your mesh a new name in the filename box.) If the process is the same for foods, then you probably know all of this.. and can just ignore me. But, if that is the case, I honestly have no idea what the problem could be then.

Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
I have no idea if it's the same process, but you need to do it in the OBJD. Click "get GUID", click "register object" on the little screen that comes up, click "update" (the little check box under that should not be checked) then commit. (You can also give your mesh a new name in the filename box.) If the process is the same for foods, then you probably know all of this.. and can just ignore me. But, if that is the case, I honestly have no idea what the problem could be then.

Thanks. I know how to do that. My problem is that I'm confused on where to assign the guid in the behave functions column. For my chair mesh, I see "Function Int" and "Function Main". In Function Int there is already a guid. I think that guid is assigned as a chair. As for the other behave, "Function Main"...I see FFFFFFFF in the operands. Is the guid supposed to be assigned to "Function Int"?