Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 5:39 AM
Default How do you create new custom harvestable plants?
Couldnt seem to locate a tutorial that shows you how to. Help please?
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 11:46 PM
You may not find a tutorial on how to do this specific task. Unless you already have the plants, you will need to know how to make objects. Once you have the plants, you can start with the BHAVs. If you have never worked with BHAVs before, you will need to do the beginner's tutorial. If you have never worked with SimPE, then you may find that too advanced since it assumes some familiarity with SimPE. In which case, start here.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 12:12 AM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 20th Aug 2014 at 12:43 AM.
Echo would be the one to ask about this. I'm sure she'd be happy to help- although I'm also sure she'd be even happier if you already know how to mesh and know your way around SimPE.

edited because that sounds kind of mean: What I mean is that making new harvestables isn't the same as making a new.. table. For the most part you clone a table to make a new table, replace the mesh and texture(s).. get a new GUID.. and you're most likely done. New harvestables aren't that cut and dried. So knowing what you're doing and knowing your way around SimPE would be a huge bonus.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 8:09 AM
I have taken programming courses at university and have played around with SimPE and milkshape before. I messaged Echo about this but she isnt messaging back for some reason.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 9:09 AM
Hmmm.. it looks like the last time she logged on was the 16th. If you sent a message after that she couldn't have seen it yet. If it was before then, maybe she just didn't see it?

There are 2 other creators who made harvestables here on MTS- fireflies and joninmobile. Fireflies hasn't logged in for a long time and joninmobile was banned- so asking either of them won't work. Echo does allow her meshes to be cloned/modified and offers a hint in the comments:
Quote:
"No great secret really. It's self referencing (in the BHAVs) so when you change the GUID in the OBJD, you have to do the same in the BHAVs. Other than that, it's very much like most other objects. Just make sure you keep the produce in one subset, and the plant in the other."

So it might be worth giving it a try while waiting for her to respond? (Or someone who has made harvestables to come along!)