Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 25
Test Subject
#251 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 6:04 PM
@velocitygrass: But I don't have to activate the package I want to use? Because I now only got one, but it is not working... Do you know why not?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#252 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 3:46 AM
I downloaded all of my sims 3 from steam. Which folder do I have to find for that "delta0build.package"? My files in the Sims 3 in Steam. I manually found the DeltaBuild0.package" in "Steam/steamApps/common/The Sims 3/Game Data/Shared/Packages" but the .exe file says it can't find it even though I pointed it to the right folder. Am I missing Something?

Edit: NEVER MIND! I just delved in too deep in the folders. I just put in the "The Sims 3" folder and it worked fine!

Testing it now. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#253 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 6:43 AM
I LOVE THIS MOD! I was getting so sick of having to delete bucket loads of automatic stupid memories. I'd rather manually make memories anyways so this tool has made my game so much better.
Inventor
Original Poster
#254 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 6:10 PM
@simsgirl86556: Do you have other .package mods that work? Have you followed the install instructions to set up your Mods framework? The .package file that you can save with the tool will be like any other .package mod and has to be installed the same way.

@flipside101: Ah, yes, it's a bit confusing that it asks for the path to the Sims 3 folder instead directly the DeltaBuild0.package. I wanted to make things easier for people who don't know where to find that package, but maybe starting a dialog for it directly would be more straightforward. I might change that in a future version.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#255 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 7:44 PM
I wish I'd seen this before, I had to delete a LOT of memories >=I

THANKS!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#256 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 8:18 PM
Wow ... this is UNBELIEVABLY useful - thank you so so so much!!
Test Subject
#257 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 10:22 AM
I've had this mod installed in my game for a while now, but only yesterday noticed it doesn't seem to be working right. I created a new save and neighbourhood last month and had it installed before then, so no one in my town should have useless memories as I used the tool to create my own package. When i saved it, I named it simply 'memories', as the instructions didn't specify a name that it needed to be called. Just wondering if that's why it's not working right...
Inventor
Original Poster
#258 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 7:17 PM
@JMJRL: The name of the package file shouldn't matter (as long as the extension is intact). Did it suppress any memories at all or did your sims have all possible kinds of memories that exist in the game? Did it work for your active family? I admit the last few times I checked, I only looked at my active family and not random townies since I usually test in a tiny, empty neighborhood.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#259 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:02 PM
This is amazing, thanks so much!
Test Subject
#260 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@Soltis: Thank you for your suggestion. I can imagine that something like this would be useful. IIRC There is no direct "only remember once" flag, but you can set a timeout in which the memory is not triggered again. So it would be possible to set a very high timeout (a good value would have to be tested/calculated). I haven't looked further into this because it would make not just the programming but also the usage of the tool more complicated (if it works at all, since I haven't actually tested the timeout theory). If you're looking for a way to trim down your memories to unique ones, Twallan's MasterController has an option to remove duplicate memories, keeping only the earliest one.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that feature in MC.

In essence, a task which automatically ran that function every so often would do the trick.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#261 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 6:22 PM
Such an useful mod! I play TS3 since December and I'm so annoyed when these stupid memory icons show up even if my Sim is just going to the theatre. Thank you for sharing this mod and... Happy Simming :-)
Inventor
Original Poster
#262 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 10:00 PM
@Soltis: MC has the option "Allow Memory Creation", which totally switches off memories. Maybe Twallan would consider adding an "Only Create Memory Once" option, analogous to the deletion functions that he has.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#263 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 2:15 PM
Overworked on.. ! !!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#264 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 9:27 PM
Thanks so much. Now I don't have to see my sim ever getting any stupid memories. I'm not a scrapbooker at all and could care less about my sims memories, so THANK YOU!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#265 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 1:54 AM
Is the 1.29 patched version of this compatible with 1.26? Or is there still a 1.26 version available? Because I don't have my game patched to 1.29, and yet I really need this mod again (my computer crashed this New Years and I lost a lot of stuff, sadly ).
Inventor
Original Poster
#266 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 9:51 PM
@murfee: patch 1.26 should work with the 1.29 packages. You'll even have the fix of an incorrect icon from patch 1.29 included. There should be no conflict, since the last time they did major changes was from 1.24 to 1.26.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#267 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 3:28 PM
thanks a bunch!
now i don't have to individually delete memories before i exit the game! :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#268 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 12:17 PM
I love you. Seriously. "Sim McSim just walked on grass! Walking on grass is surely an event he will never forget until he walks on grass again in thirteen seconds!" REALLY. IS IT NECESSARY.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#269 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 3:59 AM
Every time I make a movie...
The thing always buggers up my movie!!!

Thank you so much for this wonderful mod =D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#270 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 4:09 PM
Thank you for this useful mods, I think memories are totally useless and the icon above the head is very annoying!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#271 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 9:02 PM
Thanks so much for this! Was definitely needed; I was quite annoyed how these memories were added into my base-game when I patched. I don't care for memories at all (the smiley face pop-up is annoying and it causes my game to lag) so I'll be downloading the "no memories" one.
Test Subject
#272 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 5:32 AM
I've been waiting for this since forever! Lol EA should've given us a disable memroies option instead of disabling the notification. It's kinda hard to ignore those ridiculous memories they've stamped in the scrapbook for just about anything your sims do but yea, thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
#273 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 1:40 AM
Is this compatible with AwesomeMod? the RTFM for that mentions a code to wipe memories, but nothing about blocking them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#274 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 4:34 PM
And now less lag for me*______* Aw thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#275 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 1:56 PM
:O I found it weird that first woo hoo wasn't included into the default important memory selection. But anyway thanks so much for this!
Page 11 of 25