Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 10:36 PM
The items even have recolors, unlike a few other worlds and sets we know... good effort EA. ^_^

Edit: Well, not all of them...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#102 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 10:50 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 18th Feb 2012 at 7:57 PM.
Well, I threw together a miniature alien world last night. It has nothing in it as of yet. No sims. Nothing on the lots, and no spawners except for some robotic fish. (I've always thought robotic fish were too odd for the base game.)

If anyone wants to piddle around with it, here it is...

UPDATED - Project Neptune, v. 1.11: http://www.mediafire.com/?21owwb9kpq1ayu6

Edit, I had to do a road fix and did some routing-friendly fixes as well. Could not figure out how to get it back on the main site, but here it is with MediaFire.
Edit2, the first update had some odd save file error on my own machine, so updated again from the original file.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#103 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 11:10 PM
Bah, we've been making non-default climates and custom moons for a while now. I think EA must be reading the forums!
Forum Resident
#104 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 11:26 PM
Can anyone confirm yet if this world will break the spellbook, or the premium magic objects. I don't want to pay 22 dollars for a world that I can't play all the content I bought... Kind of sad that I even have to ask this.
Retired
retired moderator
#105 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 12:57 AM
A little birdie sent me these:

http://twitpic.com/8kv1z4

http://twitpic.com/8kv3rb

Anyone have the world? I have heard that Sims can route up insanely steep terrain in places?

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#106 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:20 AM
Since this precious bundle of joy (sure, lets call it that) is missing a few ambitions lots that the other worlds had, I decided to take it upon myself to make them. ^_^

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#107 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 2:34 AM Last edited by frankie : 17th Feb 2012 at 3:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
I actually liked her. She seemed sincere rather than jumping out of their seat and saying 'awesome' every 5 minutes like the EA folks who made the last video..can't even recall what it was about, just their annoying fake enthusiasm.

Exactly. Like I said in an earlier post, she seemed much more honest and enthusiastic than many other developers. She had a personality of her own. Besides, the parts when she mentioned why aliens and other things didn't exist is most likely due to her not being able to really tell us. Remember that they are limited on what information they give. However, she hinted that EA has not ruled out the possibility of alien life, and she emphasized that she and other developers are quite fond of aliens. Poor Sarah, thinking that there'd be many more people just as happy about the world as he is.
Instructor
#108 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Since this precious bundle of joy (sure, lets call it that) is missing a few ambitions lots that the other worlds had, I decided to take it upon myself to make them. ^_^

[snip]

Your AMB lot alone makes me want to get LL.
And I don't even like LL.
What are you doing to me?!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#109 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 3:17 AM
Default My Mini LL Report
Okay, here is my mini "Lunar Lakes" report! Since I had had 2,412 points left, I had just gone ahead and purchased LL, especially since it was on sale. *ducks from arrows* It's a lot better than I thought, though. Every rabbit hole has been remade to look exactly the same... that small portal (convenient for tiny worlds)... except for the science facility, which is that rocket/spaceship. There are far too many parks, especially small ones. There are a few "no visitors allowed" lots, especially with the rabbit holes. There are a couple of fishing spots. There are a few pool lots. "Bridgeport" didn't get a dome park. There are no clubs, and I have yet to see any lot that could be club-ready. There are plenty of homes and households, with a few that are descended from known families of other worlds. There are a few empty lots but not a whole lot (I don't think). There is even a crystal mine, but I doubt it does anything. There is only one beach. All the other lots (library, gym, etc.) are available. And good news! None of the Ambitions or Pets lots were auto-placed! This is the first time that EA has released a world where such lots were not auto-placed. Even "Hidden Springs" had that issue.

Overall, it is not a terrible world at all. I still find it to be quite attractive. However, it really needs aliens and space-theme vehicle replacements to complete the look. Also, wildlife must not be in this world. But if you can get over such things, you'll like it. Just treat it like a futuristic world rather than another planet.
Mad Poster
#110 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject
Your AMB lot alone makes me want to get LL.
And I don't even like LL.
What are you doing to me?!

Well... I guess I'd better make more. GIVE EA YOUR MONEY!

Mad Poster
#111 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 4:09 AM
Bella Goth is buried in Lunar Lakes. EA has killed the old girl off.

Forum Resident
#112 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 4:33 AM
Frankie, since you own the world, what's this I hear about a special crystal tree? I don't really get what that's about and I don't think I've seen any pictures of it
Mad Poster
#113 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:02 AM
It changes shape/color, and bears a fruit. Depending on color it is at the time, when a Sim eats the fruit (it is NOT an inventory item), they gain a skill point.

Forum Resident
#114 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:09 AM
I wonder if we'll be able to feed these fruits to an Omni plant and get multiples of them....
Forum Resident
#115 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:10 AM
Hmm I wish I could see a picture of it. Would be cool to have in your regular worlds as well

Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
I wonder if we'll be able to feed these fruits to an Omni plant and get multiples of them....

Well since it's not an inventory producing object and does not produce an actual fruit or seed to keep, I'm going to assume that's not possible.
Alchemist
#116 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:47 AM
Bella Goth is buried in Lunar Lakes. EA has killed the old girl off.

:/ What an awful place for her corpse to end up. That's sad! Slap in the face from EA!
Scholar
#117 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 7:09 AM
So far, I've bulldozed about 90% of the residential lots for being pure crap, and deleted about 30% of the trees using world-edit mode. Just way too many trees.

Decided I really really really hate the "portal" rabbit holes. If they were going to make them all the same, why not just make the (MASSIVE!) spaceship an all-in-one rabbit hole?

Or, at least combine a few. Town hall, police, army, science center and hospital would have made sense. That, or have the portal be the all-in-one.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 8:23 AM
How do the portal rabbitholes work? How do you know which is which and are they programable?
Field Researcher
#119 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Decided I really really really hate the "portal" rabbit holes. If they were going to make them all the same, why not just make the (MASSIVE!) spaceship an all-in-one rabbit hole?

Or, at least combine a few. Town hall, police, army, science center and hospital would have made sense. That, or have the portal be the all-in-one.

Yeah, after the live chat I actually thought that the spaceship is going to be something like Public Services Office from Bridgeport. And those portals as rabbit holes are lame, they would make nice alternative for a subway though.

Miko09 - here is a picture of the tree with different fruit http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvi...in/photostream/
I also found this video on YouTube where you can see how it works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJDXQ0-Y234
Instructor
#120 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 10:07 AM
Well... I guess I'd better make more. GIVE EA YOUR MONEY!

Well I did.
Not even mad. I saw a .gif of shooting stars on simblr, and that was it.
Must colonize with aliens and humans and omg I'll see you guys in 10 years.
Forum Resident
#121 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 11:45 AM
Picture of the fruit of abundance, which is golden and gives you skill points in a completely random skill: http://s1153.photobucket.com/albums...f_abundance.jpg

This fruit cannot be imbued, and by default only spawns between 1am and 3am.
Scholar
#122 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
How do the portal rabbitholes work? How do you know which is which and are they programable?

It SUCKS!!! When my sim came to the grocery store, the bell and the door sound is still there. EA.. -___-

Hey there! :)
Field Researcher
#123 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:38 PM
Here are the three trees my family could fit in their garden. They change randomly and independent to each other, but when two happen to look the same they also move in sync.

Forum Resident
#124 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 2:32 PM
I didn't want the world.. so I made a special no visitors allowed plot with floating rocks with the tree in. It's a very pretty object.

Go suck an elf...
Scholar
#125 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 2:42 PM
HOW to get the Tree of Prosperity? WHERE to find it? I'm in desperate mode now..

Hey there! :)
Page 5 of 10