Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 6:16 AM
Default Lots would not show up in the game
Hi!
I've been trying to figure out (while tearing my hair out) why the lots that I've downloaded would not show up in the game for quite a while now. All the lots that I've downloaded are correctly downloaded according to the EP's that I have. So, that's not the issue. But then, I found out that the lots weren't downloaded to the correct directory.

I've already tried to change the S2PCI.ini file and changed the default save game location from SaveGamePath="" to SaveGamePath="C:\Users\Yasmeen\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" with the UAC off. Once I edited the S2PCI.ini file, when I try to download the lot using the Clean Installer, it gives out an error that says:

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Sims2Pack Clean Installer\localpackages.txt' is denied.

So, I instead updated the Clean Installer to the new version 1.6.21 so that the S2PCI.ini file would revert back to it's default SaveGamePath="". Unfortunately, the above error still shows up when I try to download a lot with the Clean Installer.

Is there a way to fix this? I would've attached a screenshot of the error here but I don't know how heheh...
Any help would be much appreciated~ :D
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fusososo
Hi!
I've been trying to figure out (while tearing my hair out) why the lots that I've downloaded would not show up in the game for quite a while now. All the lots that I've downloaded are correctly downloaded according to the EP's that I have. So, that's not the issue. But then, I found out that the lots weren't downloaded to the correct directory.

I've already tried to change the S2PCI.ini file and changed the default save game location from SaveGamePath="" to SaveGamePath="C:\Users\Yasmeen\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" with the UAC off. Once I edited the S2PCI.ini file, when I try to download the lot using the Clean Installer, it gives out an error that says:

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Sims2Pack Clean Installer\localpackages.txt' is denied.

So, I instead updated the Clean Installer to the new version 1.6.21 so that the S2PCI.ini file would revert back to it's default SaveGamePath="". Unfortunately, the above error still shows up when I try to download a lot with the Clean Installer.

Is there a way to fix this? I would've attached a screenshot of the error here but I don't know how heheh...
Any help would be much appreciated~ :D
To attach a screenshot, upload your image to either modyourpanties.com (MTS screenshot hosting) or eg photobucket. Then choose the 'Advanced' option to reply to this post. Scroll down and there is an option to attach screenshots 'Image upload'. Hope that helps.

With regards to why you're having problems with lots showing up, I don't know.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Site Helper
#3 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 6:17 PM
It really sounds like you are still having problems with access to the Clean Installer files.

First, does the file actually exist (the one in the error message)?

Is the file read-only or otherwise protected?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
To attach a screenshot, upload your image to either modyourpanties.com (MTS screenshot hosting) or eg photobucket. Then choose the 'Advanced' option to reply to this post. Scroll down and there is an option to attach screenshots 'Image upload'. Hope that helps.

With regards to why you're having problems with lots showing up, I don't know.

Thank you so much! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
It really sounds like you are still having problems with access to the Clean Installer files.

First, does the file actually exist (the one in the error message)?

Is the file read-only or otherwise protected?

UPDATE

I just found out how to get the lots show up in the game! I just installed the lots with Clean Installer to the directory that I originally wanted to change and transferred the SIMS2IMPORT & the SIMS2TMP files to the the teleport folder in my user. I've read about this method somewhere but completely forgot to try it out before asking here!

Mootilda, I'm so sorry if I ever caused you to lose precious time and energy heheh...but thank you so much for the fast reply and your help!
I'm just...going to hide in a cave now...and wallow in embarrassment.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 8:25 AM
Glad you got it sorted out.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Site Helper
#7 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 5:46 PM
No need to apologize. I'm glad that you found a way to install these lots.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 9:35 PM
Me again. I finally had a chance to check my registry files. I have been able to install lots by moving from the teleport to Lot Catalog and renaming them, until this week. The only file I could find in the registry was one called Sim2Pack is this related to Sim2Pack Installer. Are there any other files I should look for there.
Site Helper
#9 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 12:29 AM
What are you trying to find in the registry?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 7:33 PM
I was having a problem in December with Sim2Pack Installer. It was suggested by someone to uninstall and remove the registry files related to it; that they may be causing the problem. Then reinstall Sim2Pack Installer. The lots I install end up in teleport but not in the game. I have to manually move them there and rename them.
Site Helper
#11 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 11:33 PM
I doubt that removing the registry files and reinstalling will help. Likely, the Clean Installer is not getting the correct information from the registry about where your save game is stored. You should try editing the S2PCI.ini file and adding your save game path to the line that starts "SaveGamePath=".

For example, edit the S2PCI.ini file using Notepad and change:
SaveGamePath=
to:
SaveGamePath="C:\Users\<userid>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2"
or whatever your actual save game path is.

Note that UAC may prevent you from changing the file if you've installed into the Program Files folder. You may have to turn off UAC temporarily to make the change.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 1:05 AM
OK yes I will do that. I remember that from December. Thanks!