Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2015 at 3:00 AM
Default Issues recoloring doors, repository weirdness?
I'm trying to recolor the four OFB doors Glimpse of Freedom, Cloudscene, Barely There and Cloudscene transom wide (there are respective pictures of the thumbnails here: http://sims2-objectdefaults.dreamwidth.org/459415.html). I think they might be repositoried to one another somehow, in fact it looks like one of the doors gets it's recolor from all of the other doors. I recolored each of the doors to make a more frosted/opaque version of the glass subset. I used the Object Workshop in SimPE to create the recolors, editing the Material definition.

When I added just the recolor of the Glimpse of Freedom door, it was the only one to have the additional recolor for the glass subset.
When I added just the recolor of the Cloudscene door, both it and the Glimpse of Freedom door had the additional recolor for the glass subset but the other two did not.
When I added just the recolor of the Barely There door, both it and the Glimpse of Freedom door had the additional recolor for the glass subset but the other two did not.
When I added just the recolor of the Cloudscene Transom Wide door, both it and the Glimpse of Freedom door had the additional recolor for the glass subset but the other two did not.

When I added any two of the recolor files, each of those doors had the recolor available, and the Glimpse of Freedom door had duplicate recolors available.

It seems that this set had issues in AL but it was fixed in the latest version of CEP (which I have). What is going on here?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 8th May 2015 at 1:35 PM
I checked my CEP folder, and it looks like I made a fix for the glass. No idea why I never released it. My guess is the master is the cloudscene short, the same as the frame.

Place this in Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\zCEP-EXTRA and try recoloring again.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  CEP-EXTRA_OFBWindows-Glass-by-HL.7z (2.0 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content