Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 7:04 PM
Default Edit in Game Crash While Saving
So I've been having this problem for about a week now and haven't found a solution. I'm in the middle of building a world and it's all going well. I am nearly finished and I'm just adding in some nightlife spots but it keeps crashing. CAW works fine in the regular form, I can place lots, change roads, and save and it's all good. Then I enter EIG to build lots, which I do, successfully. After building multiple lots, I decide to save, and my game crashes (the typical "Sims 3 CAW has encountered a problem and needs to close, we apologize for the inconvenience blah blah blah), and all my lots are lost. I have tried deleting the caches, I've removed all my CC, and restarted my computer multiple times, but I cannot find a solution. Please help!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 7:48 PM
I actually managed to find the answer to this problem. After much trial and error, I discovered that when the "buydebug" cheat is enabled, the game will crash while saving. So, basically, you just need to deactivate the cheat before clicking save.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 10:54 PM
That's interesting. I don't type in the buydebug cheat, but use treeag's Auto BuyDebug mod along with treeag's Auto TestingCheatsEnabled True , and have not had any problems. I wonder if there is a difference, or it's your system, or what? Hmm..........Maybe you could try the mod and see what happens, then let us know.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2013 at 1:09 AM
Turns out that this was not the solution, just a pure coincidence that it saved this time. I just recently upgraded my computer to a terabyte of information, because I thought it was a memory issue. But I went into EIG mode and built a lot, saved, and boom. Crash. This is frustrating me greatly considering I just dropped some serious cash upgrading this computer and I would really like it if somebody could please help me solve this.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th May 2013 at 3:11 PM
Hi if there is also anybody else that want to know about this problem, so i'll explain.
When you have this problem in EIG all you have to do when you want to save is to minimize EIG and close the CAW tool, and then you need to go back in the EIG and then you will be able to save

If you ever have a problem you can send me a PM because i suffered a lot with all of these crashing and saving issues, everything! haha
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2013 at 3:01 AM Last edited by duncandoughnuts21 : 16th May 2013 at 5:11 AM.
Thank you for the response omgoRel, I tried this, and it worked on the first try. But then on the second, it crashed like it always did. To add some more information to the problem, it seems to be perfectly fine after I built a small little house, like a starter, it saves then. But then I go back and either create a medium or large home, or three starters (the most recent attempt) and it crashes every time. Please help, its put a halt to my construction of a world that has been in the process of being built now for well over a year.

-EDIT-
This has been solved. Turns out I needed to completely remove the DDC Cache from my game while in EIG, then re-enter it when playing the game itself. Heres the link to the solution: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/677595.page
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 10:17 PM
I've had this same problem for the last few weeks. I've reached a few possible solutions but none are reliable or preferable

I'm creating a Sunset Valley remake on the original height map and roads but no lots/tree/items. This world is basically supposed to be my ideal world, with all my favorite lots and items from the expansion packs. I also have a large store content file after years of buying things piece by piece. Ideally I want have some of my store content in it, like the venues.

I tried exiting out of CAW as soon as I was in EIG and it worked the first two times or so but it hasn't worked since.
I have also tried moving my DCCache file to the desktop and working on the world that way. It works just fine but all the lots I've build have store content in them somewhere (like a window or particular pillar or fountain) and are replaced by something generic. This is not an ideal solution but I'm running out of options and sort of losing my mind. Please tell me someone has a solution for this. Is there a way to work around it?

with all my favorite lots and items from expansion packs. And yes, I have a large store content file through the years. This world is basically supposed to be my perfect world, one where I don't have to do any major editing
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 1:32 AM