Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 3:06 PM
Default My CAW project crashes when loading in-game!
OK guys, I know this issue have been spoken about hundreds of times. However, every situation is different. And I couold not find a sollution.
I had a dream to make my own CAW world but never did it becouse of complexity and amount of work required. I thought it is too hard for me. But now I gave a try and... Failed.
I made a big part of my world and tried to upload it into Sims game just to check out if everything was working. And my world crashed on loading screen! Same with Edit In Game - crashes. Just yesterday I was able to edit this world in game without problems. I want to make a really, really dense world with incredible amount of detail. And this includes trees and foliage. My question is, can there be too many objects? Or too many objects per layer? I litterally put thousands of weeds, shrubs and trees in there. Please help bcouse I don`t wanna loose my progress.
Here a screens:

As you can see there are thousands of weeds

Thanx in advance.
P. S. I have all expansions and stuff packs except Katy Perry`s Treats (I`m a guy for God sake...) and I also put Super COW.. I mean Super CAW.exe to my CAW. As well as some textures found in MTS but that`s it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 3:42 PM
OK, nevermind, I found what was wrong!!
The problem was I put a female sim model in my world via CAW to determine proper scale. Turned out that female sim model was an objet to cause trouble.
Moderators, do not close this thread so other people could see that sometimes even such a small thing can couse trouble.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by exlibrisas
OK, nevermind, I found what was wrong!!
The problem was I put a female sim model in my world via CAW to determine proper scale. Turned out that female sim model was an objet to cause trouble.
Moderators, do not close this thread so other people could see that sometimes even such a small thing can couse trouble.

It's odd that adding one sim to a world would cause the problem. I've pre-populated worlds with 70+ sims, then ended up editing the world in caw and EIG multiple times without a problem. So, my question is how did you add this sim?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
It's odd that adding one sim to a world would cause the problem. I've pre-populated worlds with 70+ sims, then ended up editing the world in caw and EIG multiple times without a problem. So, my question is how did you add this sim?

I found just a stiff sim model in CAW objects list. That`s what I put into world.