Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 4:19 AM
Default Sims3 Working Dryer download anywhere??
I have the Sims3 base game, and supernatural. I just downloaded a washer that works in my game, but I can't seem to find a working dryer that can download into my game. Does anyone know how to get one that works?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 4:46 AM
How not? I've seen similar posts, I downloaded the washer from thesimsresources.com
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 4:55 AM
I see reading the rules is not your forte, you should have posted this in WCIF.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 5:01 AM
I have read the rules, and I don't see anywhere that my question goes against them. All I'm asking is if someone has made a working dryer that can be downloaded.
Scholar
#6 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by becca96
I have read the rules, and I don't see anywhere that my question goes against them. All I'm asking is if someone has made a working dryer that can be downloaded.

You are asking where you can find something if someone made one in your OP.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 7:12 AM
Oh well thanks, I didn't know people rebuilt things from the store. Yeah I get the question could go against the rules then. The washer I got though, I haven't seen anywhere on the sims website so I'm not sure if that was used from one they made.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 9:24 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 4th Jan 2015 at 9:57 AM.
Washers and dryers are part of the base game code, so building, posting and asking about cc versions shouldn't be against the rules, as long as you're not asking for copies of the Store or EP laundry items.
Here are some: http://sims.aroundthesims3.com/obje..._other_03.shtml /Scroll down to the bottom (the top ones are decorative or counters), and although it says expansion add-on, they should work without Ambitions nevertheless.

But yes, you should have posted this in the WCIF section
Scholar
#11 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 11:34 AM
My understanding is that the coding to support such items was added in a patch released at the same time as Ambitions. It's just that without an object that takes advantage of that coding it's useless. Which is where Ambitions/Store content comes in?

In which case there's no issue at all with CC washers/dryers. They're just taking advantage of code that was patched into the base game by EA?

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#12 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 4:15 PM
As of Generations almost everything has become part of the base game with the introduction of TS3W.exe. It's just that while the code is there, certain assets like animations, special effects or sound files etc. are locked in an EP/SP. But unless I am entirely mistaken the Store laundry items are not treated as premium items that come with the required animations inside the sims3pack, so everything should be ready in the base game.
When you poke around inside the game files it's sometimes quite remarkable what can be found there. There are for example several objects present in both the base game and an EP and both are functional. With a proper OBJD mod you could unlock objects that are part of an EP without needing to own it.

I think it is safe to assume that objects that are present in several EPs/SPs and sold separately in the Store, too, are fully implemented in the base game. Examples are hottubs, pool tables, arcade machines, spring riders, laundry items, sandboxes.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 10:13 PM
So a dryer, huh? And you will need a clothes hamper to collect the clothes..

Really, just go save up bonus SimPoints on the store (if you cant afford to buy SimPoints) and buy the Bayside Laundry. Saves you from pirating Sims 3 objects.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 1:47 AM
Try Around the Sims 3 there's a washer, dryer, clothesline and hamper there that might work with a fully patched game.
Alchemist
#15 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
So a dryer, huh? And you will need a clothes hamper to collect the clothes..

Really, just go save up bonus SimPoints on the store (if you cant afford to buy SimPoints) and buy the Bayside Laundry. Saves you from pirating Sims 3 objects.

Downloading a custom chair isn't the same as pirating, and neither is a custom dryer. As Don stated, laundry feature is base-game compatible. In the case of EP-specific objects, sure downloading a custom object is not pirating the game, but the object is useless if you don't own the EP because it simply cannot be used.

Just call me Nikel