Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#76 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morley333
I have checked everything several times and I can't find a problem with anything I've done; it matches up with what was written in the tutorial.
Can you attach your files?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morley333
After following all of the other steps and even adding a second memory to the object, I put it in my downloads and started up the game. I placed the object on a wall and then selected it, both memories appeared, but when I clicked on them, they didn't create a memory. Does anyone know why this has happened? I have checked everything several times and I can't find a problem with anything I've done; it matches up with what was written in the tutorial.

hey, as @topp said can you attach your files so we can check what the problem is?
Test Subject
#78 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 6:31 PM
Hey, I did attach the files to a comment, but I deleted it the next day because I fixed the problem. I'm sorry, I should have explained that in a new comment, but I've been having troubles with my internet connection. Basically, I got rid of everything I did and started again and now it works fine, I made 29 memories. I have no idea why I couldn't get it to work the first time. Thank you both for offering to help and thank you for the tutorial, I'm having a lot of fun with it
Test Subject
#79 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 12:04 AM
So I'm unable to register as a user in order to get a GUID as it keeps throwing up error codes and I did some googling and apparently the site is permanently down? I found this alternative way of getting a GUID

https://grilledcheese-aspiration.tu...-issue-in-simpe

Would this work for creating custom memories?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#80 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 11:47 AM
Using a random number generator would be safer than hashing a value based off a text entry, because if you accidentally use the text string again you will get conflicting GUIDs.
Test Subject
#81 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 12:56 PM
I have problem with very start of this journey.
I select "Sub - Add Memory Subject as nID." line and I hit pop-up wizard (picture1), but in pop-up window (picture 2) there are no "quality" or "exclusive" options.
Am I doing something wrong or SimPE changed since this tutorial was made?
Screenshots
Theorist
#82 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 3:26 PM
Shooting in the dark here, but I think that the first param is quality, and second is exclusivity. Change the values that are next to the "Param" drop-down lists.

The first parameter can be 0x0 or 0x4, and the second 0x0 or 0x1. You can try to see if that's true or not by adjusting the first one (0 or 4) to see if you'll get errors or the expected.
Test Subject
#83 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 6:09 PM Last edited by Sampinjon : 15th Oct 2022 at 11:56 AM.
It's third (for green/red) and fourth for this other. It worked. Thanks.
Test Subject
#84 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 2:03 PM Last edited by Sampinjon : 28th Nov 2022 at 5:16 PM.
Hello. I tried to create memories with $Subject. They appear when I click on Diary, but when I try to add them I get error message "No stack object present when required." and memory wont show inside Sim.

Update: This happens only when I try to add memory into Tattered Diary. I use Template provided in this tutorial. When I do same procedure and assign same memory to Picked!Memory manager - everything works fine. My memories shows inside Sims, added through that shiny wall star.
But when I use same template and procedure to add memory into T.Diary - I get "No stack object present when required" error. Why?
Test Subject
#85 Old 29th Nov 2022 at 1:04 PM
Ok, I gave up on adding new memories to Diary cause I simply can not make it to "accept" them, (it's either error from post above or new memories simply wont show inside Sim without any error). I'll work with PickedMM. It shows my new memories without any problems.

Now I'd like to ask if it's possible to change "appearing object" of "PickedMM"? Star is invisible in "walls down gameplay" and "keep visible" mod don't work on it. This Diary item is much more practical cause it can be placed on the ground and it's always visible.
Page 4 of 4