Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 12:05 PM Last edited by Tarante11a : 1st Mar 2013 at 4:46 PM. Reason: Solved problem

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets
Default Front Door and Odd Behaviour - Apartment building - SOLVED
Hi there, I hope you can help me.

I've built an apartment and everything seemed to be going to plan. I get the 'Make NPC Door' options etc, except I don't get the 'Make Front Door' option. I attach a couple of screenshots.

The lot is completely enclosed by wall and gate and all other public areas (central stairwell, balconies) are enclosed. The only way into the building itself is through the central door at the front. Incidentally, I can't get the 'Make Front Door' on the gate either.

Secondly, I went ahead and played the building anyway and get some very peculiar behaviour from the local NPCs, not game breaking exactly but puzzling. For example, I get frequent visitors, some children, who climb the stairs to my sims apartment, get cross because they can't get in, then disappear.

I also get frequent visitors, who seem obsessed with giving my sim books! Three npc sims in particular go to my sims apartment, stand outside with books, get cross because they can't get in, then put the book on the floor outside the door and leave. My sim has accumulated about 10 books this way. Any idea what's going on there?

Any thoughts and advice would be very gratefully recieved.

Many thanks!

[I have all expansions and stuff packs, apart from Fast Lane and Katy Perry, and my game is patched up-to-date]
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 4:46 PM
SOLVED - stupid me.

I put another large door behind the central front door, creating a little lobby area inside the building. The 'Set as Front Door' option has now appeared.

Many thanks!