Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tjstreak
It looks like you have made the beach unusable. Probably no need for that in the Sims 3 version. The inability to go to the beach always drove me nuts in the Sims 2 incarnation.

I know, in the picture it looks like it's unusable, but I fixed that as far as I could. I lowered the ...ehm...entire beach down a bit and already placed an usuable beach lot there ^^ So it'll not be unusable because I love the beach in Sims3 as well There'll be several fishing spots in the ocean, too ^^
The squares that you can see in the picture are just some wave-decorations (I guess they are... because the recent version of my neighborhood looks almost totally different now, since I added my own lots and replaced the ones by Hraklis).
So I guess, your Sims are gonna have a lot of fun at the beach, when it's finished ^^

(just need to build 3 more houses, then I'd be ready to upload my version here, but since my boyfriend is a bit selfish with "activities by me concerning the usage of his computer" I don't know, if the weekend is enough to finish all)

The fact about Hraklis, who doesn't allow us to use his lots, is...sad but true
I did ask him for permission, at least for his gorgeous woodland park, but he didn't give it. So I just did it by myself, using the original lot sizes out of sims2 (since they aren't exactly original in Hraklis' versions~ *unimportant, but never mind~*)
I at least hope that my versions will please the users here as much as Hraklis' versions did, because I really put very much effort into it (i will add some more funriture into the uninhabitated houses).
Otherwise I don't quite understand, why he uploaded his versions here, if nobody's ever allowed to use them really (and ever since this is some kind of a collaboration, I'm still confused~)

The kids of tommorrow don't need today,
when they live in the sins of yesterday...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#77 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yuiri
I know, in the picture it looks like it's unusable, but I fixed that as far as I could. I lowered the ...ehm...entire beach down a bit and already placed an usuable beach lot there ^^ So it'll not be unusable because I love the beach in Sims3 as well There'll be several fishing spots in the ocean, too ^^
The squares that you can see in the picture are just some wave-decorations (I guess they are... because the recent version of my neighborhood looks almost totally different now, since I added my own lots and replaced the ones by Hraklis).
So I guess, your Sims are gonna have a lot of fun at the beach, when it's finished ^^

(just need to build 3 more houses, then I'd be ready to upload my version here, but since my boyfriend is a bit selfish with "activities by me concerning the usage of his computer" I don't know, if the weekend is enough to finish all)

The fact about Hraklis, who doesn't allow us to use his lots, is...sad but true
I did ask him for permission, at least for his gorgeous woodland park, but he didn't give it. So I just did it by myself, using the original lot sizes out of sims2 (since they aren't exactly original in Hraklis' versions~ *unimportant, but never mind~*)
I at least hope that my versions will please the users here as much as Hraklis' versions did, because I really put very much effort into it (i will add some more funriture into the uninhabitated houses).
Otherwise I don't quite understand, why he uploaded his versions here, if nobody's ever allowed to use them really (and ever since this is some kind of a collaboration, I'm still confused~)

@tjstreak

Im sorry but you personally dont know me to call me dumb and selfish.If you dont know some facts it would be better not to talk at all.
I spent 3 months ( A whole summer) in recreating these lots and the neighborhood from the scratch.
I had both TS2 and TS3 running to make them exactly identical.
I also made some houses on my own to include with the neighborhood.And all these because i wanted personally to recreate PleasantView.
Im working on a CAW world since CAW was released.
I was almost finished at Augoust but CAW failed on me and i started over.
Now im almost done once again.
Go ahead and recreate 40+ lots from the scratch and then call me again dumb and selfish!

@Yuiri

I talked to you via PM and i explained you the reasons..
Personally im really glad that you liked my versions but i want to keep them for my CAW version..
(By the way some lots dont have the original size on purpose because things in TS3 are different and remember that in that time we didnt have Ambitions to place our own lots.But thats ok.)
What part dont you understand?I uploaded this neighborhood for every person who missed Pleasantview and wanted it back.What i dont allow is for people to Reshare my lots.You can check my policy if you want..Other than that people are free to do with them whatever they want..
Thats from me.

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Test Subject
#78 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 10:29 AM
@ Hraklis:
Of course I understand the fact, that you don't want people on the internet to make use of the lots that you created with all your hard work, and I'm sure some people didn't even ask for your permission and just put them on other sites etc. That would really piss me off, too.
And yeah, I quickly noticed the thing about the lot sizes and that in TS3 they come out way different. I was a bit startled about that in the beginning, but now...well, the lots are smaller than your versions, but I hope that doesn't matter to the others ^^'

Right now, I'm working on the lots that are still missing, but I might give you some screenshots later, so that you can see the progress.

-> I'm still having trouble by creating the Woodland Park. I started 3 times trying to rebuild it, but I failed very hard
So this might take the most time this weekend.

Forum Resident
#79 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 1:15 PM
@ Hraklis:
Of course I understand the fact, that you don't want people on the internet to make use of the lots that you created with all your hard work, and I'm sure some people didn't even ask for your permission and just put them on other sites etc. That would really piss me off, too.
And yeah, I quickly noticed the thing about the lot sizes and that in TS3 they come out way different. I was a bit startled about that in the beginning, but now...well, the lots are smaller than your versions, but I hope that doesn't matter to the others ^^'

Right now, I'm working on the lots that are still missing, but I might give you some screenshots later, so that you can see the progress.

-> I'm still having trouble by creating the Woodland Park. I started 3 times trying to rebuild it, but I failed very hard
So this might take the most time this weekend.

Glad you understand the facts
I would love to see your versions as well!
Oh and by the way i changed my mind for Woodland Park..
You can use it freely..
Thats because i remember spending 2 days working on it and it was really tricky..
Just make sure to mention me in the lot description and when you upload it

Check my tumblr:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#80 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 11:22 PM
I have rebuilt almost all the lots I intend to use. All I have is that one really expensive house close to the beach on Wright Way. It's about half done. Other than that, all the lots that used to be your lots, Hraklis, have been replaced with my own (I also had TS2 and TS3 running together to rebuild the lots). Maybe I'll try to get some screenshots when I get back from work tonight, if I'm not so tired as to drop on my bed and sleep immediately (I work as an actor at a haunted house attraction and we close very late). No guarantees, but I'll try.
Test Subject
#81 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hraklis943
Glad you understand the facts
I would love to see your versions as well!
Oh and by the way i changed my mind for Woodland Park..
You can use it freely..
Thats because i remember spending 2 days working on it and it was really tricky..
Just make sure to mention me in the lot description and when you upload it

OMGG!!!!! >_< >_<
I LOVE you :lovestruc
Thank you SOOO much, this was all I'm asking for *dies*
So, yeah, I'm going to give you the most honorable credits you've ever seen
*dies one more time*

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 8:41 AM
I actually didn't have much trouble with the park, now that i remember. I took some screenshots, and I'll edit this post to include them shortly. I'm currently picking up work on where I left off (113 Wright Way).
Forum Resident
#83 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 4:44 PM
OMGG!!!!! >_< >_<
I LOVE you :lovestruc
Thank you SOOO much, this was all I'm asking for *dies*
So, yeah, I'm going to give you the most honorable credits you've ever seen
*dies one more time*

Haha glad its usefull for you..
Thank you!

@Baron Obvious I would like to see your versions as well

Check my tumblr:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#85 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:24 PM
Update:
113 Wright Way: Complete

With the completion of 113 Wright Way, all the original lots have been finished.

In-Progress: select TS2 DLC lots and extra community lots.
Currently:
220 Wright Way (Sims 2 DLC)

Added: Military base

Up next:
-Any job lots I may be missing
-A couple more DLC houses
-Sim Creation and Town Population
-Spawners for collecting and whatnot

I'm also considering releasing an early version of my project for testing purposes. See what kind of valuable info the community can give me for improving the final version.

Also I'm going to get expansion packs eventually, but which should I get first? I'm thinking either Ambitions or Late Night. World Adventures is a bit less of a priority, unless none of the other expansions provide bridges for use in CAW. Also, Late Night adds hot tubs, which are currently missing from my remade lots.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 1:55 AM
anyone know a way of converting a .sc4 file to a usable height map for CAW?

I'm wondering how it would look if I import a height map of the original Pleasantview, but I don't know what to do with the .sc4 file. Because if that turns out well, then I may just move all the lots and projects to a new map if I can get one with terrain that's more accurate to the original.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 10:07 AM
Latest (with screenshots!):

Updated The Sims 3 to patch 1.17

Current update of Pleasantview: Screen
Added a bookstore. Screen
Modified the town square lot to include a custom fountain,
and lights around the theater entrance, grocery store and bistro. Screenshot

Up next:
Finish 220 Wright Way
Add Cemetery/Mausoleum
?Possible? terrain re-shaping
World decoration (trees, etc)

If anyone's still following this, I'm still interested in extracting a height map from a .sc4 file. Specifically, Pleasantview.sc4 from The Sims 2, so if anyone could tell me how to do it (that is, if its possible and legal), I'd appreciate it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#88 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 6:51 AM
Updates:

Assuming the Pleasantview water tower is North, and the beach is South

Edited: Northwest and Northeast mountainous terrain is reshaped. Now more closely resembles the original. Still not perfect, but better than before.
Added: Trees to the Northwest/North Central area
Added: Two fishing holes in the northwest mountain area, "Goth's End" and "Not Goth's End" (the latter's name is temporary).
Added: Gunther Road, a road that intersects the one leading up to the area where the bridge should be. Gunther Road leads north to Goth's End, and south towards a new location for the Military and Science buildings.
Added: A few more residential lots around Middle Lane.
Screenshot : Shows trees, Gunther Road, Goth's End, and the newly relocated Military and Science lots.

Other News
I'm currently looking for help in terrain shaping, terrain painting, and sim building. Anyone who wishes to help must use The Sims 3 Base Game only, with the latest patch installed. This is for compatibility, and because I do not currently own any expansion, stuff, or store content.

If you're interested, let me know! Those who wish to contribute WILL be provided a rar archive with my CAW and CAS files. Contributors will receive due credit at release.
Field Researcher
#89 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 11:12 AM
I am prepared to sculpt a couple of mountains, I can do them quite well. However my time is quite limited, with ongoing renovations to RL home, and other sims projects. I also haev all EPs installed, up to and including LN, but that shouldn't matter, since I am only sculpting. I have done some tests on this, and found that as long as you only use base game content, the world remains basegame.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#90 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 3:21 PM
Really? I remember hearing if you even open a file in CAW and stick with basegame stuff it still requires the expansion packs. But I'll be happy to be wrong.

So how may I get the CAW files to you? Should I email them, or is there a way to do it here?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#91 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 9:14 PM
New: Reshaped the east/southeast mountains (again assuming that the water tower is north and the beach is south). It is now a little more accurate, but touched up slightly to include a few outdoor lots.

That's probably as much re-shaping work as I'll put into it, unless someone comes up to re-shape it.

Will post more screenshots soon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#92 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 11:15 AM
Update:

"Not Goth's End" replaced with two smaller lots called Three Lakes Fishing, nearby Goth's End.
Added "Gossiper's Point," a small park lot at the top of the northwest mountain.
Added two community lots in the east/southeast mountains. Most likely going to be fishing holes.
Added trees. Many, many trees.
Added a graveyard "Oaken Memorial Park" on Oak Street.
Added street addresses to several lots that didn't have them, including empty lots that weren't in the original game. One street doesn't seem to have a name (the one that leads out to the bridge), so I made up a name, "Waterview Road" to put on addresses that lay along this street. If there's an actual name for this street that I somehow totally missed, I'd appreciate someone telling me what it is.

Repainted a lot of terrain. I seem to have gotten better at it.
Adjusted Sim and Camera non-routable terrain to work with the newly shaped terrain.
Test Subject
#93 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 1:27 AM
Looks great Baron! Glad to see you're working on this again. Any updates for December?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#94 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 7:10 PM
I should have some screenshots ready soon.

As far as I can tell, the town itself is fully functional. I have all of the job buildings and many community lots, placed ALL of the spawners in where I believe to be appropriate places, routing is all painted, etc. There are even lot descriptions for all lots, both new and old. The old lots have their original descriptions (although some are modified due to theme changes, since groceries, clothing etc. act different now). The descriptions for new lots were written up by me personally, and most of them are meant to be humorous, or in some places explain certain things about them. For example a small park I added to the residential area has robot fish in it because one day Alexander Goth accidentally dropped his school science project in it.

I just need to tweak stuff here and there and add sims. When I can afford an expansion pack, I'll add a bridge across the water and re-shape the terrain there, but for now it's not a huge priority. I'm thinking maybe Late Night, since that EP also has hot tubs, which some of the lots are missing due to their absence in the base game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#95 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 5:58 AM Last edited by Baron Obvious : 3rd Jan 2011 at 12:42 PM.
I apologize for not having screens, but I do have an update: I just bought Sims 3: Late Night, and will be adding in some content (ie: hot tubs) to the pack. As such, the project will require a Late Night installation.

Changes since last update:

-Suspension bridge added, with the roads connected to it. The area across the water is now accessible. However I will not be moving the science center back there as previously planned, as I like its current location.

-One small park was removed, as the bridge has been added in its place.

-Area across the bridge now has trees in the unroutable areas as a way of visually defining where your sims can't go.

-added hot tubs whereever needed.

-the Lothario and Caliente houses have been given extended upstairs porches to accomodate hot tubs, since there appears to be no above-ground hot tub available in Late Night (by the way I kinda don't like that the bottom of the hot tub is now taken into consideration)

-Deleted a waterfall effect that somehow got placed in the middle of town last time I worked on the project.

Screenshots:
Screenshots taken in Edit In-Game mode in CaW. Some CaW elements will be viewable.
As usual, compass directions assume that the water tower is north, the beach is south.
Pleasantview Proper
Mountains to the southeast
Looking across the bridge
Looking northwest ; the military and science buildings are in view here
Fishing in the northwest hills
Pleasantview from the beach
Forum Resident
#96 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 3:02 PM
Wow! The town is coming along nicely.

Although are you finished with the terrain painting? I think it would look better if you mix different shades of grass, as for the rock terrain on the mountains.

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 7:03 PM
Yeah I plan to. I haven't yet checked if Late Night adds any new terrain paints (I only JUST bought the expansion last night), and I also haven't yet figured out how to install custom ones for use in CaW. Apparently there's more to it than drag and drop?

Are custom terrain textures included when exported for game use, or do players have to have those textures somewhere in order to view the terrain properly? As I stated previously I'm trying to use as little custom content as possible so that people who use it don't have to go all over MTS and elsewhere just to get this to work. So far I'm doing pretty good, the only extra requirement so far is owning Late Night, but still nothing custom.

And unrelated, argh I keep typing Night Life instead of Late Night and I'm always correcting myself. Curse you, similarly-named, identically-themed expansion packs for different games in the same franchise!
#98 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 7:21 PM
The terrain textures are included when you export the world, players don't need to download any textures for them to show up.

Late Night does include new textures, drowssap has extracted them: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/289848.page Lots more CAW texture links here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/181739.page

I think you could really do with replacing that shale rock texture, it tiles too much and is really distracting.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#99 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 10:19 PM
Awesome! I'll get to fiddling with those right away. Other than that, I think the town is functional. Every job lot, spawner, and whatnot that i can think of is available. I just need to finish building sims, and put them in. Is it possible to pack the sims (as well as stuff like family trees and relationships) in with a town similar to an official release, or do I have to provide a separate save with the sims in place?

EDIT: None of the textures are showing up in CaW. I put them in the proper folder like the instructions on that link you gave me, but when I run CaW it only gives me the default ones. Nothing else shows up.

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind about the textures I figured out what I needed to do.
#100 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 11:09 PM
Glad you got the textures working, the right textures can really make or break a world. You can pre-populate the world using mods, but as far as I understand it I think it's still in the experimental stages. kiwi_tea released some worlds prepoulated, and AFAIK he's the one that discovered how to - his tutorial is here: http://pasimficandbeyond.wikia.com/..._Create-a-World You could release a save file instead if you wanted to, this would have the benefit of being able to have sims already dead.
Locked thread
Page 4 of 8