Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 9:08 PM Last edited by whiterider : 29th Oct 2010 at 12:18 AM.
Default Have you got Late Night yet?
As you all know, Late Night is hitting stores all across the world. Here at MTS we will be adding a Late Night icon to our downloads soon (there may be some already!), but if you want to talk about the new expansion, head on over to our Late Night discusson forum!

If you've already been busying away with LN for a while now, why not help out the lost and confused by writing a gameplay guide? It doesn't have to be anything big or fancy - imagine you're a bit slow and you don't know what's going on with all this new-fangled LN stuff, and answer the questions you think you'd ask. Pictures are also good!

Some ideas for LN gameplay guides could be along the following lines (click the links to make a guide!):
Vampires - How does my sim become a vampire? What happens if a vampire goes out in daylight? Can vampires die? How does my vampire sim hunt?
Apartments - Where are apartments? How do I move my sim into an apartment? Will my sim have neighbours? How do I make a new apartment building?
Bridgeport - What buildings are there in Bridgeport? Where are the gems/rocks/bugs in Bridgeport? Are there any hidden locations in Bridgeport, and if so how do I find them?
Celebrities - Who are celebrities? Can celebrities do anything special? How can my sim become a celebrity?
Anything else you can think of - just go to www.simswiki.info/Game_Help:YourGuideNameHere and start editing!

You will have to register to edit on the wiki - you can use the same username as you do here, and it takes less than a minute, promise.

Have fun and I hope you all enjoy the new content!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
7 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:10 PM
Has anybody found any bugs yet? I've been playing it for 1 hour and I had a crash when I tied to select the Treasure Box from the Buy catalog... I hope that was because of custom content, otherwise I hope the next Stuff pack comes soon...

Anyway umm, WE NOW HAVE BOOB SLIDERS YAY!!!

Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 5:08 PM Last edited by Kytatsu : 29th Oct 2010 at 8:28 PM. Reason: After some tests.. and minor typos...
--- Erased... issues with sex, age, new sliders, and the skin drop down window fixed... damn EA program... ---
Now I have my game working again '-'...
Blah, I almost deleted alll my CC. Buw I can relax on my new bathtub and do some silly things... Also the new slider for muscle definition is awesome o.o
Yay.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:36 PM
i have been playing for 3 days and have found no bugs yet, the .rars i had installed be for even work. but i could not register the game
Banned
#5 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:28 PM
I guess it will take about a week till most mods are updated... oh well.

I'm still trying to figure out this uhh... celebrity / respect system.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:36 PM
Okey doke! I have done a crap-ton of editing to the apartments page. However, I can't play lots with sims without my computer crashing, it making grinding sounds, freezing, or explosions...so if anyone is willing to give that "Living in an Apartment" section a try I would really appreciate that! Since this one is like 70% done or so, not much more is required

Thanks to all that are helping out!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:51 PM Last edited by el_flel : 30th Oct 2010 at 12:08 AM.
QBUILDERZ - I've got sims living in apartments so can try and add some stuff to the amazingness you've already written.

EDIT: updated! It's certainly no work of art, and I'm no doubt missing a load of stuff, but it's late and I only got the game yesterday (although I have put in a lot of hours since then). I think it will do for now though and people can always add to it
Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
However, I can't play lots with sims without my computer crashing, it making grinding sounds, freezing, or explosions.
Sounds just like my old computer, minus the freezing. Let me guess, does it wheeze like someone's old grandmother? Anyway, I hope you get an upgrade, 'cause I want more awesome stuff from you!

My opinions may be uninformed BS, but at least I've thought about my uninformed BS.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#9 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 12:28 AM Last edited by QBUILDERZ : 30th Oct 2010 at 12:54 AM.
Awesome! Thank you so much El_flel! I will see if I can get any pictures for you and do some further adding on

Potatoehead - Oh, haha, no need to worry there! I can still build / create / explore / etc...It's just, when I try and do so with a sim, my computer has a conniption (But thank you for that compliment!)

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 12:29 AM
You're welcome. I guess this shows the lengths I will go to, to avoid studying!
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 3:07 AM
Thanks for posting!
I personally have had only minor annoyances with Late Night myself but major ones with actually figuring out the added gameplay!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 3:23 AM
I am not sure if this is a bug or not. I was playing a sim and she had a opportunity to go to the aquarius to buy a drink and my sim got the bouncer to let her in and they all were around the elevator and noone was going in to go up. Anyone else have a issue like that ?
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#13 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 5:22 AM
I just want to remind you guys that this is a topic for wiki editing, not bug reports

In the Arena
retired moderator
#14 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 6:31 AM
If you guys want to help collect bugs and their resolutions (if any), I suppose I could add my own "Let's Wiki" rally.
You can add to this page Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Note_1.17wiki.
If you're afraid to mess it up, do it here Game_Help_Talk:TS3_Patching:Patch_Note_1.17wiki and end your entry with a "~~~~" so we can credit you with the find if you want.

Don't worry about formatting stuff, I can help with that.
What is more important is that this bug you're adding is
1. new,
2. has links to sources (a thread, a blog or whatever; so we can verify),
3. is not related to CC conflicts or borked saves, and
4. does not only affect one person .

Good hunting, y'all!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#15 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 12:37 PM
A huge thankyou to everyone who's been wiking so far!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 12:48 PM
I added a page for bands but haven't added much as I've not played them yet, so if anyone wants to take that one on they are more than welcome!
Banned
#17 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 11:54 AM
I'm shocked. No bugs yet.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 4:10 PM
Greetings!!!
I got it three days ago... I've been playing it for two days and so far no bugs... But I had to remove the EGC and some other mods... to play... anyway... Finally I can see a S3 Expansion that I sorta like... It's like a Sims 1 and Sims 2 expansions combination ... Superstar, Houseparty and Hotdate from S1... Nightlife, OPB and ApartmentLife from S2...
The vampires are great... I love the vampires and have to say that I can get easily dissapointed about it... However they're cool, have superpowers... can drink blood from sims and no killing them or convert them If you don't want to... But there's something I don't like... sun exposure doesn't kill... they could lost powers instead... Anyway so far I like Late Night!!!

Subete wa ugoki dashita
Test Subject
#19 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:40 PM
I am not happy about the hours sims work now... 1pm to 7pm... how normal is that? No people that work in an office in there right mind would work 1pm to 7pm... I preferred the 9am to 3pm ... there has to be a way of making them change back
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 8:42 PM
The traits arent showing up in mine. The Shy or the other one, I had them once but I wasnt able to click on other people so I restarted my computer and when I went back(forgot to save that game) to create a family I couldnt find any of the traits, like essentric, eco-friendly, shy, or any of the other ones. How can I get these traits back?

In The Sims 2 when I would start a name with an M i would unlock cloths and stuff, is there anything like that in The Sims 3?
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 8:49 PM
I have a problem..

MODS will NOT work with LateNight :/
My game is only allowing cc installed.
Any Ideas or Advice.
?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 1:39 AM
Like QBUILDERZ said, this thread is only for wiki-editing. If you're having a problem with your game please see the help section: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ims_3_Game_Help.
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 5:13 PM Last edited by MacAllen : 2nd Nov 2010 at 5:24 PM.
I have found *SO* many bugs in this bloody EP.

1. The "oh no a...!" interrupt is back and results in cascading failures. I had over 75 sims locked into a tight group in a parking garage, all urinating on themselves and falling over starving because they couldn't escape. A sim would walk by, obviously queued up on an activity (like go to work) and one of the dozens of celebs or scandals would trigger the "oh no!" reaction. They'd stop and join the pack and never escape. The game starts stuttering and lagging when it's unpaused. I had to manually delete all the sims to get them out.
2. Elevators are a nightmare. It can take 3 hours for a sim to get from their apartment to the ground floor. They're horribly implemented and because EA thought they were cool, they're in every building in the new town.
3. Pathing is horrible. I had 2 sims in an apt, grouped them, and told them to go to a party. One took a cab, the other RAN. It took her 12 hours to get there...needless to say, the party was over. And, because they were grouped, I could give no orders to the one that got there first, nor could I ungroup her because the group-mate wasn't there, so I had to wait half a day for the 2nd one to get there.
4. The bars are horribly designed. I've redesigned 2 of them to be smoother and they work so much better.
5. Vampires reproduce entirely too quickly. My sim has quite a few friends, and I check the list daily...every day, 1-2 of them becomes a vampire. After 3 weeks of game time, 22 of her 26 friends are vampires. It's like the movie Daybreakers.
6. The unified buildings don't work for many of the opportunities. For example, I have several ops to go to "city hall" but the combined city hall doesn't recognize them. The same for the corporate towers.
7. Band gigs are broken. I've a band of 4 sims that, in 3 game weeks have not gotten a single gig. I've a band of 2 sims who have gotten 5 gigs in 3 game days, 2 of which were for bugged locations that don't exist.

And, outside the bugs, there's my frustrations:
1 family/high rise? Seriously? My sims are on the 11th floor, which means there are 10 empty floors below me? Why can't I buy the entire floor, then?

Why can't we un-vamp? Either stake or cure? Inventors should be able to come up with something.

Why are there no lifetime aspirations for instruments other than the guitar? Why is the music career only guitars? Why are there no lifetime rewards for music?
Mother Function
retired moderator
#24 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 3:31 AM
Just did some tidying up on the gameplay guides home page. Added a Mixology section, as well

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 7:15 PM
Lol I just played Late Night and a glitch - Guess what? It has soemthing to do with the new service that u can call using phone.. BUTTlers! I went to Aquaris then went back to my high-rise and what I see on the ground floor? BUTTlers! I thought theese are guests but.. i click on one sim and the interactions pop up - ask 4 massage ask 2 make food etc... and there were too many BUTTlers and I already had one on the top of the floor...WHAT OTHERS WERE DOING ON FLOOR IF I NEED ONLY ONE GUY?
Page 1 of 2