Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 11:12 AM
Default Which vacation hood with which mini-megahood?
Since I recently added BV to my lineup I have some updating of my hoods to do!

I currently have three mini-megahoods:

Pleasantview with Belladonna Cove as Downtown, Sim State University, Desiderata Valley, and Riverblossom Hills.

Strangetown with Downtown and La Fiesta Tech.

Veronaville with Bluewater Village and Academie Le Tour.

As there are three vacation destinations, I plan to add one to each. I've never played them before, so I don't know much if anything about them, and I'm not keen to research them a lot as I think it will take away from the surprise. So - without going into detail, which vacation hood would you put with which mini-megahood, and if you can say without spoiling, why?

Also, is it worth looking for cleaned up versions of the three vacation areas, or are the Maxis ones safe?

(As a bonus question, I need to restart PV, it's not yet been played, but now I can grab the actual Downtown BC I want it set up that way. I plan to allow the stealth hoods to attach to this one to give me the bin families, which I'm familiar with so no spoiler alert necessary, but any thoughts on some I should clone and send to a different hood instead? Down Strangetown Fiesta is looking a little underpopulated, but I'm not sure whether that adds to the feel.) I'd want to keep sims from one stealth hood together.

Pets: Roseland, Crittur

Seasons: Ottomas, Ramaswami

Bon Voyage: (I already added the Travellers to Blueville Le Tour by mistake, but I like them there)

Freetime: Cooke, Picaso (Tempted to add these to Strangetown because of the military connection).

Apartment Life: Gavigan, Goodie, Newson

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 11:25 AM
I would add Takemizu Village to the Pleasantview megahood as, according to my head-canon, Mary-Sue was born there and Herb & Coral adopted her and raised her there before she met Daniel Pleasant at university and moved to Pleasantview after graduation :-)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 3:44 PM
I'd at Three Lakes to Strangetown/LFT as eternal summer won't be much of a vacation for them - they'll want the exoticness of snow and trees and more trees and land that's vertical some of the time I mean WTF? How does the dirt stay on?

Whereas the people of Veronaville/Bluewater will be delighted at the relaxed pace and sunshine and the sudden tropical downpours and hula.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 5:47 PM
First off, I love your mini-megahoods!

Second...I had this mental argument with myself many a time. I worked it out accordingly:

Twikkii Islands: I put this one with Riverblossom Hills because RBH has some secret Island Native-y looking statutes, and Alexandra O' Mackey the pirate would feel at home here. But you could also argue that Twikkii Islands is just off the shore of Bluewater Village.

Three Lakes: Like Peni, I put this with Strangetown! I consider this to be be north of Strangetown (much like Nevada/Washington when looking at the United States). I also have the headcanon that the Beakers and Klara Vonderstein are originally from Three Lakes. Additionally, the Beakers might find a new test subject there...

Although, if you REALLY love your Shakespeare, Three Lakes could be the forest that all your lovers run off to (Midsummer Night's Dream, As You Like It, Two Gentlemen of Verona....)

Takemizu Village: I also have the headcanon of Takemizu Village being the birthplace of Mary-Sue Pleasant (AND Blossom Moonbeam). Which does give it the argument for adding it to either Pleasantview or Strangetown.

Ultimately, choose what gives you the most possibilities! Same goes for the bin families - I agree that part of Strange Fiesta Town's charm is the lack of population, you also need enough sims to STAY populated (unless you are writing a story about a town that dies out in the desert). I do like adding the Picasos and Julien Cooke to Strangetown, they are a lot of fun there!

Are you writing up your stories anywhere? I'd love to follow along!
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 6:59 PM
I would put Twikkii Island with Pleasantview, Three Lakes with Strangetown and Takemizu Village with Veronaville
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#6 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 9:05 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 17th Jan 2016 at 9:16 PM.
I've added all the vacation destinations to my mega-uberhood. (All EA's neighborhoods in one neighborhood!)
Remember, you can add it to all neighborhoods. It doesn't need to be near your neighborhood. You can also travel to the North Pole from South Africa! You don't need to live in Canada or Alaska in order to travel there. Of course it's easier but even if it takes more than 12 hours of flight, you can travel anywhere! The Earth's round, not flat.

I mean, you can attach all the vacation subhoods to all of your neighborhoods.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 8:55 PM
Yes, I realise that I just wanted each one only once rather than clones.

Scholar
#8 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 10:06 PM
Pleasentview:
I'd assign them Three Lakes, because it would fit nicely with Riverblossom Hills and Desiderata Valley. It would be a vacation spot in the vicinity, just a few car hours away. The poorer sims that cannot afford a plane ride might even hike there and back again.
Alas, Takemizu Village as the birthplace of Mary-Sue and Luis Aspir's wife makes more sense. I love the Aspir clan and the idea that they stand to inherit some ancestral home in Takemizu.

Strangetown:
Twikki Island if you want to treat them to some trees and beaches. Though the majority of Strangetown sims might not be interested in that.
Takemizu Village would make an interesting addition, for in my headcanon Takemizu nation is a large, modern nation with a higher tech level than SimNation. The village is just a quaint spot they show the tourists. So if the Beakers come home from their latest tour of industrial espionage or the Grunts from some international conference in Takemizupolis, they might stopp by in the village for a weekend.

Veronaville:
I have a hard time envisioning the Veronaville feuders for leisure, but I haven't really played Veronaville yet. Three Lakes comes to mind. The vast forest could be the original home of the elves or still harbour the elf court?
Bluewater already supports beach lots, so Twikki would be the least likely to add.

As for the premades, whatever you do, do not put Cyd Roseland in the same neighborhood as Jessica Picaso if you want to preserve the Picaso marriage
(Yeah, that's sort of a trauma for me)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 11:31 PM
You can add Winter Wonderland to one of your hoods, so you don't need to have all premade vacation subhhoods for every hood. Maybe there will be coming more vacation hoods to replace premade ones. BTW your situation is pretty good challenge for this.

Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Yes, I realise that I just wanted each one only once rather than clones.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 11:31 AM
I might do indeed, but for these mini megahoods, I want it all maxis. I'll have a look at that one for my custom hoods, though.

LOL at Cyd and Jessica. I have an older, corrupted, full sized megahood, but I don't know if they have met in that...

Mad Poster
#11 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
. . . the people of Veronaville/Bluewater will be delighted at the relaxed pace and sunshine and the sudden tropical downpours and hula.
Surely, once you've arrived on beautiful, idyllic, historic Veronaville, you won't ever want to go anywhere else?
. . .
No! Not even my Sims agree with me that Veronaville is the real Shangri-La!! Andrew is laughing and asking me what I'm on. I know I'm talking from the depths of my inexperience, having never even seen Bon Voyage, but I think we'll go along with Peni's suggestion and go for a nice beach holiday on a tropical island.

I never thought of calling it that, but seeing I'm playing Veronaville, with Downtown and Bluewater attached, I suppose I am playing a mini-megahood !

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.