Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 3:55 PM
Default UNI burning trashcan as a stand-alone object?
A burning trashcan is one of the key items for the world I'm building because it defines the atmosphere in many places. I found the files for it from the UNI fullbuild package but I have no idea what to do next. How do I use these files to make it as a stand-alone object. I was thinking of making it a fireplace type of object so simmies could warm their hands etc. in the street corners and to make it more usable. Is this possible?

The files I found are:

garbageCanFlaming_lightningdata LITE
garbageCanFlaming IMG
garbageCanFlaming OBJK
garbageCanFlaming OBJD
garbageCanFlaming _RIG
garbageCanFlaming RLST
garbageCanFlaming FTPT
fx_trash_can_burn_lp01 _AUD
fx_trash_can_burn_lp AUDT
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 4:12 PM
What exactly are you trying to do to it? If you just want to make it show up in the buy catalogue, then you can extract the OBJD resource into a .package file, and make the changes in S3OC (or S3PE, but S3OC has a nicer interface).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 5:20 PM
Thank you for answering. I thought it would be more complicated, that it was somehow tied to the protest files and wouldn't function by itself. What I'm trying to achieve is this...

Would replacing it's script with a fireplace script make sims use it or would the barrel shape make it look weird?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 5:26 PM
Hmm, replacing the script is more problematic. What I'd actually suggest is cloning the campfire object, then copying the mesh and textures across. That would avoid the problems that tend to occur when you try to just replace an object's OBJK, would allow your sims to cook over their burning barrel, and would also save you from having to piss around moving the flame effect and getting rid of the chimney.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 6:19 PM
Okay, that's a good idea. I'll do some testing and see how it goes.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#6 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 6:31 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=454765

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 7:39 PM
Thanks, cmomoney, but I really want to use as much EA content as I can to avoid third party cc and cc corruption in the long run. If I can't make it work, then your object is the backup plan.

Okay, I made the stand-alone clone and also a clone from the WA campfire. The problem is that I cannot get either one to show up in game. I tweaked the flags first with S3PE and when that failed, I did the same with S3OC. Still, nothing. Here's the current flags...

Anything missing?
Alchemist
#8 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Thanks, cmomoney, but I really want to use as much EA content as I can to avoid third party cc and cc corruption in the long run. If I can't make it work, then your object is the backup plan.

Okay, I made the stand-alone clone and also a clone from the WA campfire. The problem is that I cannot get either one to show up in game. I tweaked the flags first with S3PE and when that failed, I did the same with S3OC. Still, nothing. Here's the current flags...

Anything missing?
You have your object tagged as both community and residential and, most likely given your clone, as a landmark. Try opening one of EA's residential barbecue items and making your flags match that one...this will fix your problem.

Also, since you have cloned an EA item and are changing it you are creating third party CC...the only difference between your third party CC and Cmo's is his is made by someone who knows what he's doing
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 1:27 PM
I have made objects before, like deco only crypts and pushable chess pieces for community lot, so it's not like I don't know anything about making objects. The only reason I tagged these both residential and community because I wanted them to be used on both. EA have these kind of objects, so I wasn't aware that we are not able to tag them that way, as well. I'll just change them both as community only and see how it goes.

I also made a writing error above. I meant to say a stand-alone object (not clone) and a cloned object. Only the other one is a clone.
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 2:18 PM
If you have ticked em both as community and residental you then need a mod to let em showup up ingame:
Quote:
I made a small mistake when categorizing my cars, i have set them all for community by default not realizing you need a mod for this.
PLz install the Buzz_BuildBuyRestrictionChoker.zip from this thread : http://www.modthesims.info/d/450059 to fix
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 3:06 PM Last edited by varpunen : 25th Nov 2013 at 8:24 PM.
Thank you, Bloom.

Edit: Help no longer needed. Thank you everyone.