Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 1:01 AM
.NET Framework and Modding?
Recently I've been trying to learn how to do my own mods for the Sims 3, I can do XML types but I wanted to try to learn scripting so I've downloaded everything I need, only one big problem: it won't let me download .NET Framework 2.0! I got it from Mircosoft's website and it starts downloading but then it tells me to change my Windows settings. I disabled my higher version so it could install and then it says I can't use that version on Windows Vista?

I'm on a Windows 7 computer and I was just wondering what I can do? Will I not be able to mod just because of my operating system? Thank you to anyone with solutions or even just ideas.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 2:27 PM
Downloading and installing are different things. If you cannot download fully, check Browser settings, not Windows settings.

Are you downloading the thin web installer? For your correct OS - 32 or 64 bit? If it is getting installed while needing an online connection, that's the web-client version.
Try the offline Redistributable version for your OS bit version. Or if you get the SDK, I believe that includes everything.
For Visual Studio Express 2010 or 2012?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Downloading and installing are different things. If you cannot download fully, check Browser settings, not Windows settings.

Are you downloading the thin web installer? For your correct OS - 32 or 64 bit? If it is getting installed while needing an online connection, that's the web-client version.
Try the offline Redistributable version for your OS bit version. Or if you get the SDK, I believe that includes everything.
For Visual Studio Express 2010 or 2012?

Sorry I realized about three or four hours after I posted this I meant installing, it will actually download the installer but won't go any further than trying to install it. Last night I even tried telling it to run for a different OS and it just told me there was an error. I'm running a 64 bit Windows 7. I'll try to find the redistributable version.

I'm using the 2010 version of Visual Studio Express, I tried to find the 2008 since the tutorials on here use that but I couldn't locate it anywhere.