Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#251 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 6:09 AM
EA matches traits, tests career/skill levels, and bunch of other stuff to determine whether two sims are attracted to each other : Pretty much like [Woohooer], except in a more Core integrated approach obviously.

Not sure how well it works though, from some of the comments mentioned by users it appears to cause an excessive amount of cheating/adultery.

I'll probably abscond with it for use in [Woohooer], with whatever adjustments are necessary.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#252 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 6:24 AM
It gives the sims a new moodlet, if I remember correctly saying the sim is hot! There is some dialogue in the notifications box about getting to know each other better. Yes, it does encourage cheating when both sims are friends with each other. Wish there was staggered relationship values so while my sim may find the other one hot, does not really react to it so easily because they are friends. Personally I like drama in my game, others do not, so this satisfy not having a peachy, perfect life for my sims.

I am sort of sad my sim doesn't find her husband hot. Sigh.

Edited for after thought.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 6:35 AM
I'm still afraid of updating my game to this patch. Especially the new attractive system. I don't like it. I'm going to wait until it can be disabled by a mod.

My DeviantART. It's full of drawings, trust me.
Replaying the very same legacy over and over again C:
Field Researcher
#254 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
EA matches traits, tests career/skill levels, and bunch of other stuff to determine whether two sims are attracted to each other : Pretty much like [Woohooer], except in a more Core integrated approach obviously.

Not sure how well it works though, from some of the comments mentioned by users it appears to cause an excessive amount of cheating/adultery.

I'll probably abscond with it for use in [Woohooer], with whatever adjustments are necessary.

Oh don't just abscond, take it apart and make it work better!! Please!
Top Secret Researcher
#255 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simfan2000
I have not downloaded the patch yet....

In different threads user discussed the "ghost hunter glitch" (ghostly presence broken, ghosts not appearing etc.)...and EA said, that it would be fixed with the "next patch".

Ugh, I love the new features and fixes brought via patches, but the more patches we get it seems like the older expansions get more glitches. I haven't even had chance to get through all the careers of ambitions yet because of lack of playing time - I just finished the Firefighter career recently and it took me 2 years

Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Question about the CAS filter...do you have to wait for all the clothes to load first before you can select a filter or can you do it right away? For example when I'm in the sim bin I can quickly click on the custom content star without having to wait for all the EA pre-made sims to load too. Do the CAS filters work the same loading-wise?

I tested and it seem to be the same: have to wait everything to load before you can filter, BUT on the good side after you do put filters on they stay like that no matter if you go from clothes to accessories or back to edit the genetics I hated how in past when filtering cc it always went off when going to the other categories

Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
the sky is blue with white fluffy clouds passing by...

So I haven't looked up at the sky in a long time, but do we REALLY have clouds??! (without needing to have mods for that)

Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Also, I think Heiret's chin to neck slider has been broken since around Showtime. Try Wojtek's new one, that one worked in 1.39.

Weird, For me Heiret's chin to neck slider works just fine with this patch and with any previous patches as long as I have a mod that expands the slider limit (Or just not go over the slider limit)

Anyhow has any of you guys noticed that if you put any default skin to fresh vanilla game the townies will still stay with EA's skin? The default skin seems to only show up when taking a townie to CAS and out. Or just regularly when you create a sim. Unless this is really just my problem...
Lab Assistant
#256 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
Anyhow has any of you guys noticed that if you put any default skin to fresh vanilla game the townies will still stay with EA's skin? The default skin seems to only show up when taking a townie to CAS and out. Or just regularly when you create a sim. Unless this is really just my problem...

You have to delete your caches - have you done that? It is the file simCompositorCache.package in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Everything should work afterwards.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#257 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandranym
You have to delete your caches - have you done that? It is the file simCompositorCache.package in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Everything should work afterwards.
And if you play in a custom or store world you'll have to delete the world cache files as this is where these store that kind of information.

It can happen nevertheless that it may take a while for the changes to show and only appear after a Sim has changed into a different outfit.
Test Subject
#258 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Have you seen that animation fix for horses? And while "fixing" that they broke Sims' routing towards horses, too. My active Sim and all inactives spin in circles before they can even come near one. And then the last part of the routing is done by sliding across the ground. Cute!

i can't see a difference in the way my sims interact with their horses. no sims spin in circles or such... atleast not yet.

the old horse race animation fix works with 1.42 - no clue if it will conflict with other mods though, i don't have any in my vanilla test game :3
Instructor
#259 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 10:17 AM Last edited by Celebriton : 1st Nov 2012 at 7:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by twallan

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
It gives the sims a new moodlet, if I remember correctly saying the sim is hot! There is some dialogue in the notifications box about getting to know each other better. Yes, it does encourage cheating when both sims are friends with each other. Wish there was staggered relationship values so while my sim may find the other one hot, does not really react to it so easily because they are friends. Personally I like drama in my game, others do not, so this satisfy not having a peachy, perfect life for my sims.

I am sort of sad my sim doesn't find her husband hot. Sigh.

Edited for after thought.

Thank you for the reply! I missed TS2 Chemistry system in TS3.

I like more drama in the game. I also like a sims to be smarter, like they are a human, not a bot. Have their own feeling, thought and desire (I like to watch my sims). But all of them are controlled by the player, like it's us who decided he/she must falling in love to certain sims, must married to certain sims and must have affair to certain sims too (may be those muscular guy next door!). Not by the game, but by us. I fear that my sims falling in love and have annoyed AI where he/she always flirting to the-player-disapproved sims.

I played a lot TS2 Chemistry system back then, I manipulated so a sims can have a certain flash icons to a certain sims. I can make Lucy adoring Tony, but Tony dislike her and adoring Lucy's best friend. What a broken heart for Lucy, but that is the drama I want. Love is not always two way.

I like a sims have affair in his marriage. I just manipulated his Chemistry system and the AI do the rest of the job. I also manipulated the target sims, so she will always refuse him. He will be miserable for this unfulfilled love for the rest of his live. I also can make a multiple boys adoring a single girl, there will be competition! I wonder what will happen if the girl love with all of them, there must be a lot of brutal fight among boys.

I hope EA didn't make a mess with already good system in TS2.
#260 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annyway
i can't see a difference in the way my sims interact with their horses. no sims spin in circles or such... atleast not yet.

the old horse race animation fix works with 1.42 - no clue if it will conflict with other mods though, i don't have any in my vanilla test game :3
I have tested this for a while and it seems to be random. I suspect that it has got something to do with the distance between horse and Sim when the action is initiated and the angle these two have towards each other. At least I could reproduce it several times in both vanilla and modded games.

Shimrod's horse animation mod should work fine, according to TFM's site. I'll put that back now.
Test Subject
#261 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 10:35 AM
I have tested this for a while and it seems to be random. I suspect that it has got something to do with the distance between horse and Sim when the action is initiated and the angle these two have towards each other. At least I could reproduce it several times in both vanilla and modded games.

Shimrod's horse animation mod should work fine, according to TFM's site. I'll put that back now.

i have the working fix from here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...165/476091.page

just tested shimrods and its sadly not working for me : /

sorry for any confusion i might have caused - i didn't even know there are two different fixes available.
#262 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annyway
i have the working fix from here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...165/476091.page

just tested shimrods and its sadly not working for me : /

sorry for any confusion i might have caused - i didn't even know there are two different fixes available.
No problem, and no confusion caused. I know the other fix, too, but preferred Shimrod's approach, but if that doesn't work, I'll probably have to take the other now. But what do you mean by "not working"?
Test Subject
#263 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 11:13 AM Last edited by Annyway : 1st Nov 2012 at 11:30 AM.
But what do you mean by "not working"?

its simply like i don't use shimrods at all, no difference, the animation is still borked and i feel sorry for my poor horse - it must be painful to run that way

after deleting my cache files shimrods fix works aswell as the other - obviously i had a dumb moment earlier >.<
Top Secret Researcher
#264 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandranym

And if you play in a custom or store world you'll have to delete the world cache files as this is where these store that kind of information.

It can happen nevertheless that it may take a while for the changes to show and only appear after a Sim has changed into a different outfit.

I usually delete all the cache files every single time I run the game (which did nothing in this case) and I was also playing in Sunset valley. I had just vanilla game and I only put one default skin and nothing else. When the townie changes to some other clothes the default skin takes effect, but the most weirdest thing was that when the townie changed back to his everyday outfit he also changed back to EA's skin

But if no one else has this problem then I guess it's really just for me, which doesn't make much sense 'cause it's not like my sims game is different than other's ... I hope
Instructor
#265 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis
Drown moodlet. They don't actually die. It disappears after the time runs out. They just inhaled some water, the big babies.

Those who were worried the attraction system would cause cheating shouldn't worry. It just increases the starting relationship score with that sim. And you get a moodlet when they are in the room. And I think it makes romantic interactions more effective. I would have to let my sim idle awhile to see if she does anything on her own. So far she seems content to do other things than fall all over random sims in the pub.

How long do they have to swim in the ocean before getting the moodlet? Time running out on what exactly?

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Inventor
#266 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 3:05 PM
I am quite happy with the patch. My game runs better and I love watching my sims being able to swim in the ocean.
What I found out with the EA- game options (moon, population control) is that after changing them one has to save the game and reload it so that the changes work. First I thought they don't work but after saving and reloading it works.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Instructor
#267 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
I am quite happy with the patch. My game runs better and I love watching my sims being able to swim in the ocean.
What I found out with the EA- game options (moon, population control) is that after changing them one has to save the game and reload it so that the changes work. First I thought they don't work but after saving and reloading it works.

This doesn't sound right. You're supposed to be able to make changes on the spot and the game should put them to effect immediately. If I were you, I'd report it just in case.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Instructor
#268 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 3:09 PM
I've noticed that the moon phases don't reset everytime you open a saved game. It reloads where you left off.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Mad Poster
#269 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 3:42 PM
Oh, so they fixed something? Cool.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#270 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 4:49 PM
Bah... Looks like the Attraction System is going to be just a big a nuisance as I thought it would be.

Shame about Twallan's mods being in a state of disarray (You'll make it through! I believe in you!). Having installed nearly all of the Nraas mods and then my game auto-updating—no really thanks for that Steam, updating when I tell you not to, thank you so much—I'm not even sure if I could remove my mods safely without it borking up my saves.

Ah, well... I guess I'll just wait out the modding chaos and bide my time with some other games I've got on the back-burner or maybe... *gasp* more real-life!
Mad Poster
#271 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
How long do they have to swim in the ocean before getting the moodlet? Time running out on what exactly?

So far I haven't had the drowning moodlet come up while swimming in the ocean. Whenever it happens in the pool the moodlet gives off a time count, how long to get them out the pool before they drown or how long before it actually happens. I usually panic and get them out immediately because the first time it happened I was sort of dumbfounded and didn't do anything, my sim drowned.

Quote:
I played a lot TS2 Chemistry system back then, I manipulated so a sims can have a certain flash icons to a certain sims. I can make Lucy adoring Tony, but Tony dislike her and adoring Lucy's best friend. What a broken heart for Lucy, but that is the drama I want. Love is not always two way.

I agree Celebriton, I miss having that exact type of relationship. That is the drama I loved having in my game and have me playing for hours to see what will happen. Sadly, don't think it will be that way in Sims 3, I don't know what the developers were thinking when they implemented the same relationship values between sims.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#272 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 7:40 PM
Another question.....Let's talk about beach lot and swimming in the ocean.

Back in TS2, there was a seaside lot, a lot with the sea. Since TS3, there's no such thing, I'm curious about sims AI in the TS3 beach lot without the water, but close to the ocean. Does sims who went to the beach lot, smart enough to autonomously swim in the ocean like in TS2? Once they done swimming, does they smart enough to return to the beach lot? How about sims who live in the house at the seaside, close to the ocean?

I just hope it doesn't broken......When EA announced such thing, I was so worried.
Top Secret Researcher
#273 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 7:51 PM
If I remember correctly, there was once a developer post stating that NPCs can autonomously swim in the ocean but are programmed not to swim too far out, presumably in order to prevent them from not returning properly and getting stuck floating out in the water. If anyone remembers where that post was, though, feel free to link it here.

As for returning specifically to the beach lot, I don't know for sure about that, but given that they won't be moving too far away from it while in the water I can't see there being that many possible issues here. At worst, they'll probably get out of the water somewhere close to the lot, which won't exactly break immersion given that beach lots usually blend in with the beach terrain surrounding them.
Scholar
#274 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
If I remember correctly, there was once a developer post stating that NPCs can autonomously swim in the ocean but are programmed not to swim too far out, presumably in order to prevent them from not returning properly and getting stuck floating out in the water. If anyone remembers where that post was, though, feel free to link it here.

Post 2315
Lab Assistant
#275 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 8:41 PM
From the gameplay files :

<kDistanceSwimAround value="10">
<!--Range: positive floats. distance sims will swim around around ocean. Something large like 10 is good.-->
</kDistanceSwimAround>

<kSwimAroundDepth value="2">
<!--Range: positive floats. Depth of water sims will use when swimming around around ocean - keep this low, around 2.-->
</kSwimAroundDepth>

<kMaxDistanceBeachFromOcean value="500">
<!--Range: positive floats - in meters. When a sim is at the beach, the ocean must be at least this close to the beach lot for the sim to consider autonomously swimming in it.-->
</kMaxDistanceBeachFromOcean>

Also, it seems they get attracted to swim in the ocean if they have the Loves the Outdoors trait, being on the beach lot, be "summer holiday" and so on.
Page 11 of 14