Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2016 at 11:44 PM
Default Make a career vehicule ownable?
Is this very hard to do?
I tried a few times and fail miserably...I thought simply cloning an ownable car that looks like the one I want, then replace the mesh and textures would do, but no...
I'd like to have the army truck carpool. I found one on here amongst the downloads but..mesh has been altered and it is not at all pretty. So I am thinking of making my own.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th May 2016 at 5:05 PM
I think it's pretty easy. Look in the career package to find the GIUD of the vehicle. Then run a GIUD search on that number. Edit whichever string makes it appear in the catalog and give it a price. I think?

It might not be as simple as that though because career vehicles were in the base game and driveable vehicles came with Nightlife. They originally intended to have driveable cars in base game but it didn't work for some reason.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#3 Old 24th May 2016 at 5:19 PM
It is not as simple as that, career and service vehicles don't use driveways so they use different animations and have different bone assignments on the wheels and axles.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2016 at 3:58 PM
So, I would need to replace those with animations & reassign bone using a model that ressembles the most that career vehicule.. Hummm...
Thank you

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 6:33 PM Last edited by cedrigo : 2nd Jun 2016 at 12:09 AM.
Do you need this one ?

I made a drivable version, linked to the original mesh and texture from the game.
It's a very light package and works well.
I can upload it if you wish.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 4:39 PM
@cedrigo Oh!!! That'd be so nice of you! Yes! I would really like that.
Thank you so much.

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 6:00 PM
@Rosebine
You're welcome
I just need to tweak a few things before uploading it on this website (add correct price and description, make it recolorable, and fix the "white windows" during woohoo)
I'll do this during the week-end.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 6:54 PM
Sounds perfect!
Again, thank you so much.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 7:24 PM Last edited by cedrigo : 8th Jun 2016 at 7:36 PM.
It tooks me a little more time than I thought...
Some pets were levitating behind the vehicle instead of sitting inside ^^
But I found how to fix it
I will take a few more days to test the latest version of the car with different families... just to make sure everything is fine.

By the way, I just added a new interaction : "honk horn".
The horn wakes up other sims and make them rush ^^
Quite handy when your lazy teens oversleep on a monday morning :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 10:13 PM
Ahah!!! That's wonderful..I'll wait patiently.
You rock.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 4:52 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 10th Jul 2016 at 12:21 PM.
I'm almost done but I need to fix the "kiss" interaction, because the seats are too far away and the animation is weird...
It looks like one sim tries to strangle the other... lol

Anyway if you want to try the beta version of the car, I've put it in the attachment.

Put the 2 packages together in your download folder, one is for the car and the other one is a fix for the fog FX that appears on windows during "woohoo" or "make out"...

I plan to merge the 2 packages together in the final version.

If you see any bug, please tell me
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 5:13 PM
Thank you!
I just saw this. I will try it, and let you know how it went for me.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 2:17 AM
Ok. I tried it yesterday, saw a few things.
The sim will enter it, back up to the street, but instead of..rolling off?..driving off? the lot, the car disapear.
The other thing, I am not sure if it was my sim or the car, but I made him drove to my community lot. As soon as he arrived, him and his daughter, his face exploded..lol I hade mesh everywhere...for the whole time he was there.
Went back home, problem stopped. I will try to send his wife, driving there...to see if the problem still happens. Though my graphic card is getting old, and it might have nothing to do with your car!
I'll be back.

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Ok. I tried it yesterday, saw a few things.
The sim will enter it, back up to the street, but instead of..rolling off?..driving off? the lot, the car disapear.
The other thing, I am not sure if it was my sim or the car, but I made him drove to my community lot. As soon as he arrived, him and his daughter, his face exploded..lol I hade mesh everywhere...for the whole time he was there.
Went back home, problem stopped. I will try to send his wife, driving there...to see if the problem still happens. Though my graphic card is getting old, and it might have nothing to do with your car!
I'll be back.

I also noticed the bug about the car disapearing too quickly... but I forgot to fix it. lol
I just need to change a few lines in the car's animation reference file and it should be OK

About the sim who "explodes"... it never happened to me.
Could you try to make the same sim do the same trip with another car ?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cedrigo
About the sim who "explodes"... it never happened to me.
Could you try to make the same sim do the same trip with another car ?

I did, a game pickup. He was fine.
I will try to send him agaim with the career truck to see if it still happens. I could not play yesterday! (how terrible, I know...)
Oh..and for the disapearing...could it be just because my parking spot is right on the edge of the lot? Left if you look at the front of the house, right if you're a sim...(No moveobjects on, it just happened to be right at the edge)
I noticed the game pickup also disapeared fast...maybe just no room before the lot ends?
Thank you again

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 3:55 PM
I did, a game pickup. He was fine.
I will try to send him agaim with the career truck to see if it still happens.

It would be usefull to test the hummer with a brand new sim from CAS. If your neighbourhood is old some sims may be corrupted. To be honest I think the bug comes from the sim more thant the car.

Oh..and for the disapearing...could it be just because my parking spot is right on the edge of the lot? Left if you look at the front of the house, right if you're a sim...(No moveobjects on, it just happened to be right at the edge)
I noticed the game pickup also disapeared fast...maybe just no room before the lot ends?
Thank you again

Don't worry about the disapearing, it was due to a wrong reference. The correct animation was missing. I found how to fix it already.

By the way if anyone else is reading this thread and is willing to help, you're very welcome
Field Researcher
#17 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cedrigo
It would be usefull to test the hummer with a brand new sim from CAS. If your neighbourhood is old some sims may be corrupted. To be honest I think the bug comes from the sim more thant the car.

Don't worry about the disapearing, it was due to a wrong reference. The correct animation was missing. I found how to fix it already.

By the way if anyone else is reading this thread and is willing to help, you're very welcome

Oh WOW! The ''Honk'' interaction is such a great idea! Hahaha!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 9:03 AM Last edited by cedrigo : 12th Jul 2016 at 4:38 PM.
Thanx Auzzpanda

@HugeLunatic
I wonder why you removed my upload ??? Without any explanation.
I find it a little bit rude.
I work hard on this project to share it asap with people here...
How could I receive feedback if people can't download the test version ?
If there is a problem, why don't you say it ?