Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 8:39 PM
Default Household Size Increase?
I am officially addicted to mods. That is all. Moving on is there a mod for TSM that increases the household limit? I like spitting out kids on my Monarch and it would be cool of I could keep more around instead of switching them off to boarding school.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 10:30 PM
This mod increases the household limit from 5 to 8:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-per-household/

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dcstorm2012
I am officially addicted to mods. That is all. Moving on is there a mod for TSM that increases the household limit? I like spitting out kids on my Monarch and it would be cool of I could keep more around instead of switching them off to boarding school.

Shimrod has a mod available that increases the family size to 8.
(I changed it to 14 a while back, since I was testing something else that's in the same xml anyway. I've yet to have more than 3 kids since I did that though, so I have no idea if it works, or if there'll be some kind of cut-off limit on it.)

Never had any taken away though, although I did find the strings for the choices.
Since I haven't seen it in the game, can you tell me, does it give you a choice of where to send them to, or does the game randomly select their destination for you?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 12:02 AM
Awesome. Thank you! If I get to a point in-game where I have to send someone way I'll let you know :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Shimrod has a mod available that increases the family size to 8.
(I changed it to 14 a while back, since I was testing something else that's in the same xml anyway. I've yet to have more than 3 kids since I did that though, so I have no idea if it works, or if there'll be some kind of cut-off limit on it.)

With Shimrod's mod in my game this is what happened. When my Queen had her 4th child a message popped up asking me to pick a child to move out and gave me four options something like Culinary School, Whale Hunt, some other school and I think a bear hunt. I chose one of the sons and sent him on the whale hunt. I then saved and quit. When I came back to my game all of the children were still there but the Queen doesn't seem able to get pregnant. I'll keep trying.

That being said, would it be possible to share the mod with the family size set to 14 or a larger number? I'd like my queen to have a number of children before she dies.

Thanks!

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keyneky
With Shimrod's mod in my game this is what happened. When my Queen had her 4th child a message popped up asking me to pick a child to move out and gave me four options something like Culinary School, Whale Hunt, some other school and I think a bear hunt. I chose one of the sons and sent him on the whale hunt. I then saved and quit. When I came back to my game all of the children were still there but the Queen doesn't seem able to get pregnant. I'll keep trying.

That being said, would it be possible to share the mod with the family size set to 14 or a larger number? I'd like my queen to have a number of children before she dies.

Thanks!

Nice to know what's meant to happen, thank you.
I exceeded the limit before Shimrod made his mod for it. At the time I just expected the oldest child to be removed to the village or something, I didn't get any pop-ups and none of the kids left. I think the household must have been glitched. I've never exceeded the limit since then. I'd like to see the options pop up at least once though.

I've uploaded all the options in a txt document below, for anyone that's interested to see all the options. I don't want to list them directly here incase it spoils it for someone.

I'm wondering now if the options you get are random, or if they're dependent on the parent's status or something.

I've uploaded family size 19 here.
I chose 19 since Queen Anne had the most children, as far as I know. She had 17.....and including 2 parents, family size is 19. I can't remember why I originally chose 14, seems quite random lol.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SendChildAway.rar (3.2 KB, 128 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
This mod increases the household limit from 5 to 8:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-per-household/

link dont work
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:42 PM
Nice to know what's meant to happen, thank you.
I exceeded the limit before Shimrod made his mod for it. At the time I just expected the oldest child to be removed to the village or something, I didn't get any pop-ups and none of the kids left. I think the household must have been glitched. I've never exceeded the limit since then. I'd like to see the options pop up at least once though.

I've uploaded all the options in a txt document below, for anyone that's interested to see all the options. I don't want to list them directly here incase it spoils it for someone.

I'm wondering now if the options you get are random, or if they're dependent on the parent's status or something.

I've uploaded family size 19 here.
I chose 19 since Queen Anne had the most children, as far as I know. She had 17.....and including 2 parents, family size is 19. I can't remember why I originally chose 14, seems quite random lol.

Just a quick update, my Queen ended up with a 5th pregnancy but then the one son I had chosen to send to the whale hunt that hadn't left yet couldn't be found in town. I eventually had to divorce my Queen from her husband and send two kids to live with him before the lost son would return to town but he still doesn't live with the queen. My game then freaked out and crashed so I'll start playing around with your mod installed and see if I reach the same issue. Will let you know.

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Scholar
#9 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by datass
link dont work

The link works fine for me. You have to be a member to view the site.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 6:10 PM
The link works fine for me. You have to be a member to view the site.

how convenient...