Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 2:22 PM
Default What Do You Love and Hate About WA?
What do you like? What do you hate? What is glitchy? What do you wish was different? What is useless and boring?

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 4:24 PM
I love the tombs! When I first heard about WA, I thought I would absolutely hate this EP.... I think it is one of my favorites!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 12:49 AM
Love the atmosphere. Hate the Loading (my computer is slow even w/ the lowest setting.)
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 4:19 PM
I hate and love the adventure board. Love the way simmies can play their own quests, but hate it how the board only works once a sim day!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 10:07 PM
There is, for the most part, only one thing that makes World Adventures worthwhile. I am, of course, speaking of the tombs. Finally, I have a real reason to make a massive structure with many floors and bizarre asthetics. What is sad, though, is that in most cases the tombs can't kill you (even though a small accident on the inventing table can.) There should be traps that can actually kill sims and there should be more types of traps (hunger, venom, ice, and lava are some good ideas.) EA could have also made turrets that fire various types of blasts, bombable walls, and fake walls. One-way doors, doors that only let a certain number of sims through, and anti-teleportation fields would also have been nice. I would find getting visa points to be more fun if the tombs themselves would give you them when you beat them (as well as skill points and lifetime happiness points.)
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 6:18 AM
I just bought this EP after waiting for several months for it to go on sale, but it never really did. I ended up paying more for this than any other EP - more than I paid for Late Night and Generations Combined. But, I am very glad I got it.

I like travelling and the tombs. I LOVE the music and the items added in the game. I love the added stores and the little adventures. I love digging up and collecting relics. This may seem like a short list but this stuff goes a long way with me. I feel VERY satisfied with buying this even at almost full cost because it's so danged pretty and adds a richness the other EPS don't.

I haven't done the nectary or the martial arts yet so I am neutral. I am not sure of the point of the zen garden yet.

I HATE the stupid hats for China. The chinese residents never seem to be wearing them - and why would you want your own sims walking around in them? Also I don't think the Chinese sims look very Asian - and weirdly enough, the PETS seem to be affected with whatever makes the sims look Asian and their eyes are wonky looking.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th May 2012 at 2:06 PM
I haven't played much with WA, but here's my list from my (not very big) experience:
LOVE
1) exploring new world, living in the base camp, learning songs, collecting relics or buying them at the market.
2) martial arts and producing nectar, and tha fact that you have to go to another country to learn them.
4) WA items and destinations
5) exploring tombs from time to time is fun, too, but I don't think it must be the major part of WA.
6) registers! At least they give an opportunity to make something like a cafe, a nectary, or an open bookstore.

DON'T LIKE
1) the fact that you can't choose a basecamp to stay at. This esp. bugs me in Egypt, where the basecamp with tents is not very comfortable, but there's another one that looks like a hotel, and I can't choose to live there even if i'm playing a rich sim. I think we should have a choice, but there should be different prices for staying at different camps/hotels, so you can make a decision on where to live, taking your financial situation into account. That's more realistic.
2) The whole focus on tombs. As I said tombs are fun, but they should be just a minor addition, imho. Why should a visa category be affected by how many adventures you've completed. Not all sims are Lara Croft wannabies, some want a family vacation on the beach, a rest in the company of good freinds, or a romantic vacation. Exploring tombs could've given just some rare items that could be found only there, extra money, extra happinsess points, and sims with "adventurous" trat would have a LTW to explore all tombs, or something like.
3) That you can't edit locals' homes (or is it just that I don't know how?) I found a home in France that had no seiling, or mayde I want to remove something that block the way, etc. but it can't be done.
Site Helper
#8 Old 4th May 2012 at 3:33 PM
Love learning new songs. Hate that they sing the new song constantly after they learn it. And they don't even sing the same song as someone right next to them!

You can Edit Town for a vacation neighborhood, but you do it from the base neighborhood. There are icons at the top for Paris, China, and Egypt. Click those to edit the respective vacation world. But I don't think you can edit an occupied house.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#9 Old 4th May 2012 at 3:44 PM
Love the music (the french music based on the music from the sims making magic is my fav)
love some of the objects and the build items

Bored of the same tombs and the singing, oh the singing!

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Scholar
#10 Old 4th May 2012 at 7:19 PM
I love everything except China, which LAGS like anything.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th May 2012 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj

You can Edit Town for a vacation neighborhood, but you do it from the base neighborhood. There are icons at the top for Paris, China, and Egypt. Click those to edit the respective vacation world. But I don't think you can edit an occupied house.

Thanks, I know how to edit WA worlds, I edit comm. lots this way, but occupied houses realy can't be edited, as well as locals themselves. The enablelotlocking cheat doesn't work for this.
Scholar
#12 Old 5th May 2012 at 10:33 PM
Love:
1) The new foods, songs, skills, objects, plants
2) The scenery of the vacation destinations

Hate:
1) It's not really a 'travel' ep, it's more of an adventure ep. Which I know some people like, but I much preferred ts2 where you could just relax & enjoy your vacation!
2) Exploring tombs. It's just not my thing; I don't like to have a streamlined goal while playing. I like playing to be open-ended, which is of course why I love the Sims.
3) There isn't a tropical destination! I've always wanted to travel somewhere tropical in RL, but I don't have the money, so I can at least do it through my Sims. Except now I can't, of course, because there isn't a destination for that.

Honestly, the main reason I bought WA was for the objects ;D But since I'm a builder for the most part, I guess that's obvious. When I do play, though, it's not one of my favorite eps.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th May 2012 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
Love:
1) The new foods, songs, skills, objects, plants
2) The scenery of the vacation destinations

Hate:
1) It's not really a 'travel' ep, it's more of an adventure ep. Which I know some people like, but I much preferred ts2 where you could just relax & enjoy your vacation!
2) Exploring tombs. It's just not my thing; I don't like to have a streamlined goal while playing. I like playing to be open-ended, which is of course why I love the Sims.
3) There isn't a tropical destination! I've always wanted to travel somewhere tropical in RL, but I don't have the money, so I can at least do it through my Sims. Except now I can't, of course, because there isn't a destination for that.

Honestly, the main reason I bought WA was for the objects ;D But since I'm a builder for the most part, I guess that's obvious. When I do play, though, it's not one of my favorite eps.

That's the worst thing about this EP, that you can't just have a "normal" vacation.
And, yes, I also want a tropical destination, with pcturesque beaches, swimmable ocenas... i loved Twikkii island in TS2!
i've had this EP for a yer already, but I just started playing not long ago, previously I used its items when building museums for my worlds, and sometimes in interiors.
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th May 2012 at 4:25 PM
nothing really other than u cna't live in a country ( getting me an avi!)
Instructor
#15 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 6:33 PM
I love the worlds. Especially Egypt, they did great with that. I also love learning martial arts in China. I just wish that they made them more vacation like and less adventure based.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:54 PM
I wish that you could have more time in places. I love egypt and china, I would like to see more mummies in the tombs as I have only ever found one. Does anyone know where else you can find them or how to make them? I hated the france world as it was a bit lame and a dull location with little to do in it but like all three of them had some nice scenery!

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 1:51 PM Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson : 3rd Jul 2012 at 2:11 PM.
What I hate is how big my save file gets after going on a vacation. I had an 86mb size file before going to Egypt (granted I already went to china prior to this) but it suddenly became 125 mb after the trip.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 2:00 PM
Quote:
I love egypt and china, I would like to see more mummies in the tombs as I have only ever found one. Does anyone know where else you can find them or how to make them?

well, I know the Tomb of the Rock has one in the main treasure room. And I do recall encountering three mummies in one room of another tomb I explored. I'm sorry I can't recall which one that was though....maybe the Sphinx? Or the Great Pyramid?? It was one with a lot of fire traps in it, I remember. As far as creating more mummies: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that if you go into edit town and click on a tomb, you can then edit the existing sarcophagi to spawn mummies.
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 5:37 PM
I'll be necroing this because I want to add my opinions on this EP.

This was the first EP, and thus, the first I ever had. I found it very entertaining back when I used to travel as soon as travel moodlet let me. I stacked so many simoleons on every trip, that I didn't need to make my simmies work. I used to love so much this EP for many reasons:

First: Sim Fu. It was the first thing that meet my eye to get this EP. Having a training dummy, breaking planks, and sparring other simmies. Not enough with only that, you could even become the Sim Fu great Master. I loved this implementation, as I really like Martial Arts IRL.
Nectar making: Something new to do with all those gardening stuff! No more 200 fruit stacks you just end not selling. And neat moodlets that came along with it! Also I find funny the simmies having a go at the nectar machine, stomping fruit with their bare feet. I found that more italian-like, but whatever.
Shang Simla: Man, a map of the old chinese countryside! Given the fondness I have for asian countries, you could easily expect me to know Shang Simla better than Sunset Valley.
Xing Lo's love: Anato~lei~ Asi... I recall my sim fishing, bathing, and just idling around while singing that song. I loved it, much more than any other song. And I never got bored of it.
Tomb exploring. This added a brand new full experience to Sims gaming, at least for me. Pushing statues, standing on switches, puzzle solving in general was indeed an enormous addition.
Treasure hunting: Not only exploring to retrieve some item for some random simmy, but looting an entire tomb and keeping everything, made my simmies rich.
There surely are more things I like that I am forgetting.

So, now for what I didn't like. Quite a long list too. But resumed in a single word: BUGS.

Like, not being able to dig some spots. Hiccup-freezing. Family inventory not saving items bought in foreing countries, like the nectar machine, losing the item, and of course money spent. Getting back home and having sims that couldn't sleeps in beds anymore. Pathing errors in every country, leading to other severe bugs. Like the first and only time I visited Al Simhara, my 3 people family got buggy, the mother could get food from the fridge, but couldn't eat it (hopefully she had that Lifetime reward that uses an item to fully replenish all needs), Little girl wasn't affected at all, but the father got stuck sleeping inside a tent, and couldn't came out, mom couldn't use the replenish item on him, and he starved to death. Couldn't even use the phone to get back home. Never stepped Al Simhara again since. Other minor issues, like not having adventures at all at the board in Champ le Sims, resulting in a trip with no adventures. The train sim interaction for the dummy resulting only in showing your trainee where the dummy is and nothing else, bugs related to collections, and many other stuff that didn't happen to me, but to the whole community. Now that we have plenty of EP with plenty of other stuff to do, I don't travel anymore. I just edit my town to add the academy and the nectary to my town, so I don't have to travel to get the WA skills. But back in the day I first got it, it was a gret, beautiful and rich Expansion Pack.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 3:06 PM
I like the visuals of the new places, I dislike that the vacation townies don't age when you go back in your main world.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yellowstonespirit
I love the tombs! When I first heard about WA, I thought I would absolutely hate this EP.... I think it is one of my favorites!

I love the tombs too!!! The only thing that bothers me is there is never enough time while you are there to do the adventures in exploring them all!
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 7:48 PM
I love the make-up and clothing it makes it easier for my sims to fit in, but I had how it takes soo long to get visa points to stay longer.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 12:56 AM
Love
The world's so beautiful !

Hate
That they don't age! I wish they aged and could live like normal Sims.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 11:30 AM
I like everything ,best expansion for this glitchy game
I hate Late Night and Seasons ,because of paparazzi and no weather for WA
Never experienced any glitches in this expatiation maybe because my sim have lucky trait? Never used Overwatch and other mods(no aging ,no story in my game) except anticensor
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 7:10 AM
That's good fun, specially in China that I can learn the Kung Fu fighting
Page 1 of 2