Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:13 PM
Default 50's/60's themed stuff pack opinion
I have always loved the furniture and fashion and design from the 1950's-1960's and there isn't much cc out there that I can find. I know that Bowling Night has added a few retro furnishings into the game but not that much (in my opinion). So I was thinking about a retro themed stuff pack that focuses mainly on retro 50's and 60's with large cool windows, Mid-century Modern Furnishings, A-line dresses (with polka dots), sweater vests, cool doors, and appliances. What is everyone's opinion on this?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GingerSimmer14
I have always loved the furniture and fashion and design from the 1950's-1960's and there isn't much cc out there that I can find. I know that Bowling Night has added a few retro furnishings into the game but not that much (in my opinion). So I was thinking about a retro themed stuff pack that focuses mainly on retro 50's and 60's with large cool windows, Mid-century Modern Furnishings, A-line dresses (with polka dots), sweater vests, cool doors, and appliances. What is everyone's opinion on this?
I would consider this a good idea for stuff packs (instead of 100 backyard packs) - One stuff pack for each decade. Personally I wouldn't buy it because I'm not interested in it (one or two decades tops), but I can imagine that many people would love it.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 10:55 PM
Stuff packs are rarely enough to capitalize on the kinds of stuff we want.

If I had if my way, Mid-Century be a mix of traditional mid century designs and fashion staples, with the other half being atomic age style options. All clothing would slightly border on the modern as to not feet out of place in the normal world (because you know that stuff would be flagged for random!) The gameplay items would consist of retro-futurist inspired items for the home, like a service robot inspired by the robo-maid from the Jetsons.

Elevated lots high above the city in the clouds? Yes, please!

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 12:44 PM
And there could be a counterpart to futuristic stuff.
Theorist
#5 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 11:38 PM
I would love dated stuff packs. I'm Still waiting for a playable Sims medieval. Would also take an updated castaway stories if they remember how to make sims games not suck any time in the near future. I want that kinda stuff. Normal modern life is possibly the most boring thing EVER. x.x Especially since they've somehow managed to make the latest game even MORE boring than real life... (and no, that's not an invitation to make even weirder weirder stories. Please stop! )

Give me some medieval, renaissance, colonial, and depression era shit. Let ME chose when my Sims game takes place!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 12:43 AM
I also would like a pack focused around the Edwardian Period in time because I've notice so many challenges focused around or including that time period like the Decades challenge the History Challenge Etc.