Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 6:51 PM
Default Custom content recolors not showing in game
After following Numenor's recoloring tutorial of custom objects with SimPe, the recolors are not showing up in the game. I've committed and saved and they still don't show up. What am I not doing? Thanking you in advance.
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 7:02 PM
Which objects specifically are you recoloring? Some custom objects are not recolorable. It may be that the creator made a mistake while making the mesh and recolors won't work, even if you're able to create them. Can you provide links to the custom objects you recolored?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 8:18 PM
I'm trying to recolor the MOLGER range collection of three items, a shelving unit, a bench, and stool.

Here's the link:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=191083
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 8:27 PM
The bench has a problem where the creator updated the MMATs for the wrong GUID and recolors for that are not going to work for that reason. You can fix that for yourself by opening up the mesh package in SimPE, clicking on a the MMAT, selecting the line called objectGUID, and changing the last number on it from 5 to 4, the committing and saving. (This change is going to only affect recolor working for you, other people won't have working recolors unless they have access to the updated mesh file, too.) However, I can't tell anything that prevents recoloring the other two objects, are recolors for those not showing up, either?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 8:41 PM
Thank you thank you for your quick, knowledgable reply. I've only tried the shelving unit, but I'm off to try to change the objectGUID and try my other recolors. I'll respond with my results. Once again thanks for sharing your time, and expertise.
Part-time Hermit
#6 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 9:02 PM
Did you also make sure you actually placed those recolor packages into your Downloads folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th May 2007 at 4:25 PM
Forgive me for my ignorance, but i'm new to this. When I pull up the MMAT screen to find the GUID, the value is [0x00286532] what should it be?
Part-time Hermit
#8 Old 14th May 2007 at 7:00 AM
No, with the bench, the objectGUID is currently 0x00286535 in the MMAT, but you need to change it to 0x00286534.