Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 2:26 PM
Default February updates on MTS
Hi All,

We have a few new things for you this month.

First off, there is a new theme! This one is called "BlueFish" by our esteemed Leefish, and is her ode to leefish.nl. It's got a really nice darker theme going on, with different styled central container, as works quite well with the site. Kudos to her for making it, and for allowing me to make it an "official" theme.

To test it out just select it from the dropdown at the bottom. (In the footer) Feedback thread is here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=519743

Secondly, do you have an Android phone? If so, you've probably heard of NotifyMyAndroid. ( http://www.notifymyandroid.com/index.jsp ) This is a service that sends Push notifications direct to your android phone, and I've added it to the "Private Message" functionality. You can enable it by entering your specific NMA API key (which you have to create on the NMA site) in your Edit Profile screen.

Please take a moment to test out the new theme, and watch out for some more exciting new developments coming later this month / beginning of next!

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
7 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 3:00 PM
Bluefish is a very pretty theme.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 10:10 PM
Thanks for giving great updates Delphy, especially I like NotifyMyAndroid! Now I do not need to spend all day waiting for my lot. Love the theme what Delphy made and it looks great.
I would like to say thank you for increasing the upload limit to 50MB and I still use Custard to remove Sims3Packs. I build pretty heavy community lots for A LOT of objects. :/

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 10:57 PM
I didn't make BlueFish. That was Lee.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
I didn't make BlueFish. That was Lee.

Damn I suppose to say Lee! Sorry Delphy

Anyway... I like your theme Lee! I always like blue colours! xD

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 10:16 AM
You are welcome RomerJon. I wanted the site container to be more focused on this setup. It is less modern than the rest of the themes (leefish is an old lady) but I think the container focuses the eye more for those of us who are used to an older forum style. I hope it will tempt users over from classic :D

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 1:36 PM
I love bluefish! It's so pretty and just looks really good.
Definitely going to be sticking to this!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 12:19 AM
I love all the clours. Im not a big fan of light blue. So this is great for me. Thank you Leefish

Check out my Tumblr its called Sims2pictures

Call me Colin
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 12:35 AM
You are welcome gagafanu - once the tiny font issue is sorted out then if there is any other feedback - colors not showing right etc - then do let me know. There is one issue I was unable to fix which was if you look at a single post (example - http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...592&postcount=7 ) then the text at the top is really hard to read.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Site Helper
#10 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 3:46 PM
The dark blue text that is really blending in is the unused link color. I can see why you are having a lot of trouble fixing it without changing everything. (Although those reply buttons have a color that might work well?) Edit: I mean the ones that go with Quick Reply.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 3:55 PM
Thanks Ghost - if you could add that to the feedback thread? I have to admit I don't really know what you mean - unless you are referring to my above post? The thing is - that text has no class and is not in a "specific" container that I can see. No class/id= no way to really target it in CSS. I dont really want to change the link colour in general because it is meant to "harmonise" with the body - and in that case I mentioned above the link is ON the body background with no container.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 11:15 AM
I really like it Lee. Have finally swapped from Classic. (Because I'm old and full of inertia I stayed with classic all this time).

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 5:04 AM
The new theme looks really good! Thanks for it Lee. It reminds me of a personal forum I once hosted, a very long time ago. It's too bad that most buttons don't seem to work for me with MTS' new themes. When I have a new/better computer I'll adopt this one.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#14 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 6:20 AM
@billielith, I am really baffled as to your computer. I used my laptop (George) for about 3 weeks while my main pc was sickly. George is a ten year old laptop running XP. The hard drive and memory is so small its not actually possible to put sims2 on it, and I visited MTS everyday using George. I used Chrome as my browser.

Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 6:59 AM
hi there Lee, how are you today?
I use IE8 (impossible to upgrade, my PC is missing something), my computer is from 2008 and my XP is from 2003. My internet connection hasn't been optimal for a couple years.

What I could do is use the new themes for a while and note down what doesn't work as expected.
I already can tell the Thanks buttons and these little buttons to see what's inside a zip or rar don't work at all for me. This is not specific to your spiffy new blue theme but happens to me with all MTS new themes. I could observe the other buttons and links and whatnot and give feedback about what works and what doesn't.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#16 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 7:01 AM
What version of IE do you use?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 7:06 AM
I use IE8, and there's no way to upgrade, IE9 requires Windows Vista, 7 or Server

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#18 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 11:15 AM
Have you you doublechecked that javascript is installed/up to date/enabled/working etc.?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#19 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 11:44 AM
Perhaps try this: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/intern...r-alternatives/

Its a list of Browsers you can download. I used Opera for a long time and it is still my fave for a slower PC.

Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 3:08 PM Last edited by billielith : 20th Feb 2014 at 11:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Have you you doublechecked that javascript is installed/up to date/enabled/working etc.?

I think so, but when I get home tonight I'll do that doublecheck for sure.

Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Perhaps try this: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/intern...r-alternatives/

Its a list of Browsers you can download. I used Opera for a long time and it is still my fave for a slower PC.

Thanks, I didn't know that website.

I'll never be a fan of Opera, lol. I remember having to use it on my back-up computer a few years ago, it's an okay alternative but I'm sooo slow and unefficient with it, lol. But I guess it would be worth to try again.

I know most people hate IE but the last time I tried other browsers they'd run faster at first and end up slower than IE after a while.

Site Helper
#21 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 3:27 AM
How often do you clear your browser cache?

Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
How often do you clear your browser cache?

Cookies, history, passwords and so on? with the automatic tool of IE, maybe once a month. But it doesn't make so much of a difference. I also run Ad-Aware once in a while, like maybe once every two weeks.

Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by celebkiriedhel
I really like it Lee. Have finally swapped from Classic. (Because I'm old and full of inertia I stayed with classic all this time).

I checked it out, but I still like classic too much to change. I'm too old to like tabbed download/instructions!

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
#24 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 11:25 AM Last edited by billielith : 19th Apr 2014 at 11:45 AM.
Hi all,
sorry to rise this thread from the dead, but I just wished to respond to the help I received here in February for my computer.

I tried updating Flash and Java again, it would download, "install", fail sometime during the install and never work properly. I tried Opera without Flash/Java updated, it would be buggy. I had stopped searching for a solution, but this week a friend of mine suggested that I tried disabling or uninstalling my antivirus and Ad-Aware temporarily to update Flash and Java, and to uninstall/reinstall Opera. I was doubtful, but it worked. My IE8 is still buggy with MTS' new styles, but Opera now works perfectly.

Thanks again for the help, leefish, Nysha, Hysterical and Ghost!