Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2015 at 5:03 PM
Default Triggering Socials
Is it possible to have a BHAV in one package reference another package? For example if I want a particular social to be triggered under certain circumstances and I want the whole social to be triggered, not just one BHAV from it.

If so, can anyone link me to a tutorial or tell me how, please?
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th May 2015 at 9:23 PM
What social? Is it a custom social or an EA social? I ask because of the "Global > Semi-global > Private" hierarchy of scope (i.e. reference).

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2015 at 3:04 AM
EA social. It's the 'Chase' social for cats and dogs.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th May 2015 at 1:55 AM
If I recall correctly, there is usually a social object and a social plugin at work when it comes to socials. (When in doubt, look for something that does something similar, like perhaps the burglar scenario or one of my mods?).

Off hand, I would say the social object contains the interactions. You shouldn't have to spawn the object since it's an EA social; it should already be in the Sim "ether." You may need to use the "Set to Next" BHAV though to get its Stack Object ID for purposes of using the "Push Interaction" BHAV.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2015 at 3:05 PM
Thanks. I think I'll have to give up figuring it out for the moment though. Getting cats or dogs to see the burglar off is just beyond my skills at the moment, unfortunately. I couldn't even figure out how to work 'set to next' or 'push interaction'. I wish there was a beginners' tutorial for sim to sim interactions.