Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 11:00 PM Last edited by CleoSombra : 4th Jan 2013 at 12:00 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life
Default So MANY problems. NPCs not acting autonomously, musicians not learning songs, NPCs becoming invisible
Stats:
Windows 7, 64-bit
intel core i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27 Ghz
4.00 GB RAM
Late Night + Generations

System specs in spoiler tag:

About a week or so ago, I installed the 1.42 patch and then installed Late Night. Since then, there have been so many glitches.

The biggest one has been the freezing, in the form of minute-long freezes. I've deduced that it's been to routing errors. I downloaded a fixed version of Bridgeport. Resetsim * doesn't help much, but clearing all the caches does. That is just one of many problems. This thread is about three others.

The first problem is that NPCs don't seem to be acting autonomously (autonomy is on). This isn't a story progression issue - it's not about getting them to lots, it's about what they do on those lots. There is a LOT of standing around, not even interacting with the sim in front of them. They'll go interact with various objects, but there's a tremendous, awkward amount of standing around. I think this is related to another problem, which has to do with the sims' needs not being taken care of. They are constantly hungry, sleep-deprived, and in need of the bathroom. I don't know why. The sims will go to the bathroom usually, although twice now, once at a club and once at a wedding where there were bathrooms, an NPC peed themselves.

I suppose this could be an issue with my computer/processing speed, but it didn't happen prior to my installation of Late Night.

The second problem is that sims are not learning songs on the instruments (guitar, bass, piano, drums). All I can do is practice - I can't actually play anything.

The third problem is most recent one I've noticed, which is that NPCs are becoming invisible. I learned that there were invisible NPCs when I saw thought bubbles walking by. I used twallan's Master Controller to show a list of the NPCs on the lot. For NPCs that were invisible, I used the dresser option in MC to resave their outfit and they popped up again.

One thing I noticed was that all the NPC sims that were invisible were ones that were wearing career clothes at the time I looked at them in the dresser. I don't know if this bit of information is helpful, but there it is.

While I have found a fix for this problem, I really don't want to have to check every lot I go on for invisible sims and edit all the ones that are invisible each time. Is there a better fix to this? What could be causing it? I clear my caches a lot because of the freezing issue - could this be the cause?

The NPCs being invisible is by far the most annoying right now.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 2:00 AM
Have you gone through the Game Problem faq? If so, what happened at each step? If you haven't, give that a try.

Is it just Bridgeport freezing, or does it happen with other towns too?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordant17
Have you gone through the Game Problem faq? If so, what happened at each step? If you haven't, give that a try.

Is it just Bridgeport freezing, or does it happen with other towns too?

Yes, I went through the FAQ, even the checklist.

Other towns (Sunset Valley) are freezing as well, although not as badly as Bridgeport was.

However, with the cache clearing (just about every time I start the game), that problem has been scaled back.

It's worth noting that I don't think any of this is do to CC conflict. The only CC I use are a few of twallan's mods and the lagging/stalling and song issues were happening before they were installed.

Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 11:54 PM
Could you post your more detailed specs?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordant17
Could you post your more detailed specs?

Sure.

Instructor
#6 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 2:34 AM
Well, It looks like your graphics card is known to have problems, it's got "no"s for all EPs, including the base game in the system requirements. That's also for the desktop version of the card, laptop ones never run as well. Adding in the fact that the rest of your specs are just at the minimum, I'm not surprised you're seeing some slowness.

You don't have onboard graphics, but consider giving some of the suggestions here a try: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...nboard_Graphics

You'd likely see improvements in playing small worlds with less sims, too.