Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 11:13 AM
Default TS4 to TS2 Object Converting?
Hello,
I'm not sure whether this should be under Sims 2 or Sims 4 forums, so I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong place. I've seen quite a few TS4 to TS2 object conversions popping up around the interwebs, and there's one or two things I'd love to convert myself. While I think I'm relatively comfortable with TS2 object creation thanks to a wealth of online tutorials, the problem I'm having is how to get the meshes into a form that is usable by editing programmes without appropriate plugins (Milkshape preferably, but I know a lot of people have migrated to Blender these days, so either really). Can anyone enlighten?
Thanks so much in advance to anyone who replies!
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 1:47 PM
You can use TSRW to export the mesh as .obj, which can then be imported into MilkShape and edited as needed. Please note that if you're wanting to convert an object with animations, like a dresser, then there are plugins you'll need for MilkShape to be able to keep and assign the joints. (TSRW comes with the plugins- they're in a folder, you put them in your MilkShape folder- you need for TS4 and the TS2 plugins are here at MTS.)

One other thing, you'll need MilkShape 1.8.5.
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
You can use TSRW to export the mesh as .obj, which can then be imported into MilkShape and edited as needed. Please note that if you're wanting to convert an object with animations, like a dresser, then there are plugins you'll need for MilkShape to be able to keep and assign the joints. (TSRW comes with the plugins- they're in a folder, you put them in your MilkShape folder- you need for TS4 and the TS2 plugins are here at MTS.)

One other thing, you'll need MilkShape 1.8.5.

I'm sorry but, this question is my question too... but u can tell me the name plugin you talk about? and how I import to sims 2 this obj with respective animations? Thank you so much!