Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 3:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default darkened floors
Regardless of the floor texture I attempt to make it appears to have a very dark shadow over it when I import it into the game.
I have all EPs up to FFS.
I didn't have a problem like this before and all the floors I have created are still okay.
I do not have a problem with wallcoverings, just flooring. To double check that it wasn't my graphics programme I also have just exported and imported a floor without modification to see what would happen, and the heavy shadow was over the 'unmodified tile'.
One thing that I did notice on creation of one tile that had a heavy over shadow is that when shadows of sims appear their shadows are a weird light blue.
Can anybody help me?
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Homecrafter Plus many times for the same thing to keep reoccurring.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 5:07 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 12:12 AM
I have updated my graphic drivers, the problem still remains
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 12:26 AM
Have you tried tweaking the brightness and contrast settings? Also showing us an image of what you're seeing may help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 3:39 PM
Apologies for not returning sooner, been on a boozy weekend break
I've tried tweaking settings, no joy.
Pics....I don't have a web page and am unsure how to import the pics. I have took several shots before after and how it should have turned out (tweaked)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 5:11 PM
Do downloaded tiles behave in the same way?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 7:02 PM
No, nor do tiles that I have previously made. I cannot recollect when it started but I think I used the newer version of Homecrafter...I had to do a full uninstall and reinstall about 2 months ago and then updated Homecrafter....but can't get the original Homecrafter to see if that is the problem.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 6:04 PM
Did you change any of your drivers, or did you install any other programs just before this started to happen?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 9:14 PM
I didn't install new drivers but I did install Theme Park III on a fresh drive whilst I was waiting for discs to be replaced.
What happened my game went real weird on me. So I did an uninstall, reinstalled to find it go even weirder, only to discover that the first disc of the base game had cracked. EA games replaced my discs very fast but the first batch of discs wasn't compatible with each other. Ended up being a full format of my main drive and a fresh install. Lost my original homecrafter and had to download a new one. I had everything else backed up on a separate drive. Took me a while to discover about the strangeness of the floors
What I don't understand is why the game displays floor tiles that had been made prior to all this perfectly and newly created tiles its as though there's a layer of black on them
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 9:18 PM
Okay, just to rule this out, cut and paste your Sims2 folder to the desktop, and run the game to force it to create a new one. Now try the tiles- do they look the same?
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139718
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 11:38 AM
Its looking to be something in my downloads folder.
I did as suggested and there was no problem.
Placed my downloads folder back, and the problem was back.
Suppose I'm now going to have to go fishing in my download folder to discover the problem now.
Thankyou very much.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 5:09 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 2:35 PM
Thankyou very much for the assistance.
Came down to the last 20 files and said stuff it and deleted them
Game now appears to be running sweet
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 4:25 PM
Excellent, nice work! We learn something new every day, this one was interesting.
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Solved