Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2009 at 7:15 AM
How do you get your sims to die on a public lot?
Hello,
I need some help trying to figure out what to do. I'm trying to get some sims to die on a newly created public lot that I made so that I can have both their graves AND their ghosts there; but it doesn't seem possible to make sims die on a community lot. Yet I am able to kill them on their own lot but I can only send their tombstones and not their ghosts to the graveyard. The only problem with downloading a pre-made cemetery from this site is that, while I can place it in the neighborhood, I can't load it because it causes my game to crash whenever I do. So that's why I'm trying to make my own cemetery. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can solve my problem? Answers on either killing sims on community lots, or somehow moving sim's ghosts with their headstones to the lot of my choice would be helpful. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Sincerely,
Failie
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th May 2009 at 11:12 AM
Their ghosts leave once their graves are moved to the cemetry or wherever else you choose. Make sure you save your game right after you move the tombstone from your lot and see if this solves your problem. If not, then there might be something wrong with your game, in which case your next step will be to vist Sims2Wiki.

Best of luck.
Site Helper
#3 Old 6th May 2009 at 3:21 PM
Also, after moving the grave to the lot, send a sim to go to that lot and meditate for a few days. The ghosts also need time to wake up again once they have arrived at the community lot.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th May 2009 at 5:00 PM
Do you need certain expansions to be able to move a grave to a community lot? I've tried to do it and the graves just disappear. I had someone put the tombstone in their inventory, take a taxi to the graveyard/community lot, take the stone out of inventory and place it on the ground. But after they went home, whether they returned themselves or someone else visited the graveyard, the stone was gone. Am I doing it wrong?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th May 2009 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SamanthaSSJ
Do you need certain expansions to be able to move a grave to a community lot? I've tried to do it and the graves just disappear. I had someone put the tombstone in their inventory, take a taxi to the graveyard/community lot, take the stone out of inventory and place it on the ground. But after they went home, whether they returned themselves or someone else visited the graveyard, the stone was gone. Am I doing it wrong?

Hmm I think The Nightlife expansion pack, came with an option on the graves to "send to community lot".

Hosting my first contest "Style and Culture" :D
Find it here: Style and culture contest
Site Helper
#6 Old 6th May 2009 at 9:58 PM
you can also click the grave to move to inventory, then click the ground where you want it to place it. If they vanish the other way, you can try that.

If you want to back up the neighborhood before trying in case the graves still get lost, it would probably be a good idea. Just copy the neighborhood to someplace like the desktop. Or have SimPE make a backup.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th May 2009 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
Also, after moving the grave to the lot, send a sim to go to that lot and meditate for a few days. The ghosts also need time to wake up again once they have arrived at the community lot.

Oh! Okay! I will try that. If what you say is true, than that might be what needs to happen. I moved their tombstones to the cemetery right away. I guess I was expecting the ghosts to show up immediately that night. I will see if this works. Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th May 2009 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Their ghosts leave once their graves are moved to the cemetry or wherever else you choose. Make sure you save your game right after you move the tombstone from your lot and see if this solves your problem. If not, then there might be something wrong with your game, in which case your next step will be to vist Sims2Wiki.

Best of luck.

Thanks Nalia for clarifying that for me. I was confused because in the game it said even though their tombstones will be moved that their spirits will always be resting at the place of their death. So that got me confused. Once again, thanks!

Sincerely,
Failie
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th May 2009 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj

I have been doing as you've said but it isn't working. How many days do you think it will take? And do I have to do them in a row? Also, is there any specific hours when the haunts start? I've been going at night but I don't know if there is a specific time that I should be there. Do I meditate in front of a grave? Is there anything else I should be doing? Sorry for all the questions.

Sincerely,
Failie
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:20 AM
I guess Sydney told you to meditate for a couple of days in order your Sim's motives stay up so he/she wouldn't have to go back home to take care of his/her needs.
So, it doesn't matter where you meditate, but the meditation should be done for a couple of [Sim] days in a row, because the point is to stay there till you finally see the ghost. Ghosts appear at night, the haunt should start once the night falls.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th May 2009 at 11:58 PM
I guess Sydney told you to meditate for a couple of days in order your Sim's motives stay up so he/she wouldn't have to go back home to take care of his/her needs.
So, it doesn't matter where you meditate, but the meditation should be done for a couple of [Sim] days in a row, because the point is to stay there till you finally see the ghost. Ghosts appear at night, the haunt should start once the night falls.

Oh! Okay I get it now. One last question. I have Sims 2 University and I made the cemetary in the college's town. I killed the sims from pleasantview and placed their tombstones in the cemetery at the college. Taking the sims from pleasentview and putting them in the college cemetary won't affect their haunting activity right? Thank you for your help by the way!

Sincerely,
Failie
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 8th May 2009 at 12:30 AM
Err I'm not sure I understand what exactly you want to do. Why you placed the cemetery at the University area?

* The dead Sims haunt the place their tombstones are.

* The College area is only accessible to Uni students -- and to adult Sims if they are invited over. If you don't have any student living in the Campus then none of your Sims will be able to visit the cemetery and the graves of their relatives.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th May 2009 at 4:20 AM
Err I'm not sure I understand what exactly you want to do. Why you placed the cemetery at the University area?

* The dead Sims haunt the place their tombstones are.

* The College area is only accessible to Uni students -- and to adult Sims if they are invited over. If you don't have any student leaving in the Campus then none of your Sims will be able to visit the cemetery and the graves of their relatives.

I made a cemetery in pleasantview first and placed the tombstones there. Then I put the cemetery back into the lot bin and transfered over to Uni. Then I put the cemetery into the uni campus and loaded it. It still has the tombstones. Also, I did what you said and the ghosts finally came out! But my sim didn't stop meditating on time to see them. Oh well! There is always next time! Thank you so much for your help. It's much appreciated!

Sincerely,
Failie
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 8th May 2009 at 11:05 AM
I meant "any student living in the Campus" not "leaving". Sorry.

Failie, ghosts will appear in the cemetery or wherever else their tombstones are placed no matter what. Still I am a little uncertain as to why you moved your Cemetery from Pleasantview all the way to the Uni Campus. *scratches head*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th May 2009 at 1:20 AM
I meant "any student living in the Campus" not "leaving". Sorry.

Failie, ghosts will appear in the cemetery or wherever else their tombstones are placed no matter what. Still I am a little uncertain as to why you moved your Cemetery from Pleasantview all the way to the Uni Campus. *scratches head*

Well, you see, at the time I did it, I didn't realize that I could just have the sim visit the cemtary in pleasentview instead. *laughs in embarassment*. But anyways, it's pretty cool to have a cemetary on a college campus. Or maybe I'm just odd for thinking that.

-Failie
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 9th May 2009 at 1:28 AM
No, no odd at all. I was merely skeptical over your decision because I didn't know if you want to visit the cemetery and see the ghosts at regular intervals or you just wanted to get rid of them. But glad you set things right the way you wanted.

You know there is already a cemetery in Downtown, Gothier Green Lawns or something like that, right?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th May 2009 at 12:14 AM
No, no odd at all. I was merely skeptical over your decision because I didn't know if you want to visit the cemetery and see the ghosts at regular intervals or you just wanted to get rid of them. But glad you set things right the way you wanted.

You know there is already a cemetery in Downtown, Gothier Green Lawns or something like that, right?

Seriously?! I had no idea! I would have just used that one if I had known. Ah well. At least I know now. Thank you for telling me !

-Failie
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 10th May 2009 at 10:32 AM
You are most welcome, Failie.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th May 2009 at 12:08 PM
If you want them to physically die on the community lot, easy... It has to be owned, and the person owning it (or someone related) needs to have the Cowplant. Put the Cowplant on the lot, and yo' bitch ass GOOD. I did that once, but it wouldn't eat me...

I was a Zombie.