Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 1:41 AM
Default Oh I am so mad!
I went to snootysims to read up on the latest sims3 news. When I got there, I discovered that they listed that you could get baby things at the sims2 store. The same baby things that were originally mentioned in previews of apartment life, then were removed!

So now instead of getting them in apartment life like we were supposed to, we are expected to pay for them separately instead!

I remember being so excited about the news when they were first mentioned, and there were even pictures I believe originally, pictures that some site was forced to remove, and now we know why! I just thought at the time they weren't able to get them to work correctly, but if that were the case, they should have offered them up at the official sims2 website for free download.

Just had to vent.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 1st May 2009 at 3:53 AM
I would reply but, I'm not allowed to say it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st May 2009 at 4:24 AM
I was cross too when I found out. Putting them up at the sims2 store means they aren't even available to everyone I think only US and Canada can use the store. And for the price in US dollars I could by a whole stuff pack in Australia (on special anyway)
Theorist
#4 Old 1st May 2009 at 8:26 PM
Wow! That really, really stinks! I'm sure that they've probably covered themselves legally so it wouldn't qualify, but in my opinion that could almost be considered false advertisement.

Well, this is just the kind of thing that happens when companies appear to value profits above all else. That's really sad.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:32 AM
Oh those are cute! Too bad the sims would probably still leave babies strewn about the floor. :Slap:
transmogrified
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:43 AM
http://thesims2store.ea.com/product...ategoryId=10658

Collections->Exclusives->Oh Baby!
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:45 AM
Thank you Mangaroo!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 8th May 2009 at 4:02 AM
Aw that sucks, (No guessing what the others were saying, and obivously no).
Wish they ouldn't make you pay for it, it's just silly and another way for whoever owes the site to get money. But I guess I can live without it, I remeber one was where a baby would go into one of those thingies and play with mobiles above them. But what were the others? (Was one a sandpit?)

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th May 2009 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
Aw that sucks, (No guessing what the others were saying, and obivously no).
Wish they ouldn't make you pay for it, it's just silly and another way for whoever owes the site to get money. But I guess I can live without it, I remeber one was where a baby would go into one of those thingies and play with mobiles above them. But what were the others? (Was one a sandpit?)

EA owns The Sims 2, along with Maxis. So they would own the store.