Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 11:31 AM
Default Changing the road structure of Hoods
Is it possible to change the layout of a hood even when they're are Sims in it? I don't mean Sims already living there, just in the bin.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 11:45 AM
This is the only way I know of to change roads whatsoever in a neighborhood except using SimCity4: http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=279992

There is no way to just draw roads where you want them in an existing neighborhood.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 2:59 PM
So if I used it I can still play Pleasantview? The only thing different is the roads?
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th May 2009 at 9:12 PM
If i edited a hood file from the sims 2 sc4 terrain files with SC4 would it work, or would it bork all hoods with that terrain?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th May 2009 at 4:57 PM
A .sc4 terrain in the folder with all others is completely unrelated to any of your existing neighbourhoods. It's just based off the terrain, but it stands on its own and if the terrain is changed (and flattened) by placing lots, the original is, ofcourse, not.

To explain:
If you want to change the roads in an existing neighbourhood, you can do so by editing the terrain you based it off in SimCity 4, then creating another new neighbourhood with the edited terrain, and finally copying the new terrain over the old one by using Mootilda's HoodReplace programme, where HP linked to.

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 7th May 2009 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nimi
A .sc4 terrain in the folder with all others is completely unrelated to any of your existing neighbourhoods.

Why is then and some neighbourhoods created by Sim players using .sc4 terrains overwrite Pleasantview?

TIA
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th May 2009 at 2:03 PM
Go to your Neighbourhoods folder (Under My Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 > Neighbourhoods (I think that's it)) and check your numbers. You see, Pleasantview is set as N001, but a custom neighbourhood might be set as N178 or N589. So the player who uploaded that neighbourhood probably deleted their Pleasantview (I know I did!) and then created the Neighbourhood, overwriting Pleasantview when players downloaded it.

If you want to keep both, you need to manually change the numbers around. Chances are that you've now completely lost Pleasantview and won't get it back (Good!) Unless you install a new Expansion, I believe.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 10th May 2009 at 9:58 PM
First, thanks for the info, Vincent.
Secondly, losing Pleasantview is not good, because I have empty templates installed and there is no one in this neighbourhood but *my* Sims. So, no good in losing them.
Thirdly, when I deleted the said custom neighourhood, which seemed to have overwritten Pleasantview, the latter re-appeared again in my game.

Not sure if this is always the case though.