Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 2:12 AM
Serious glitch: Can't make friends with neighbors?!
Anyone else experience this with Apartment Life?

It seems like making friends is so much harder in this expansion pack that it's almost not worth it.

When I make my Sims go to their neighbor's door to ask them to come out, before I even get a chance to make an interaction between them, the neighbor answering the door goes inside again. It's rare to get even one interaction going, like "appreciate -> admire" before the neighbor goes "unselectable" and slams the door.

Same thing happens when my Sim invites someone over. I get no chance to react before the neighbor who was invited over goes "unselectable" and walks home again. It's boring because that means my Sims can never invite anyone over to their apartment who actually stays.

I throw parties and nobody arrives the entire duration of the party, yet I get the "Party Countdown". Not even the landlord's "outdoor barbecues" attract other neighbors.

How do you get your sims to make friends with their neighbors in AL? :confused:
Advertisement
#2 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 2:29 AM
Maybe you have an outdated hack?
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 2:53 AM
You seem to have a glitch, so like tikoymann said, check your downloads folder for outdated hacks.

The neighbors in AL usually hang around the community areas all day/night as far as I can tell. Why don't you add fun stuff to the comm. area - like a radio, hottub, bar - to attract the neighbors to come out and play?

Currently playing HP's Uber Megahood - check out http://simstate.wordpress.com
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:33 PM
My Sims never had problems with interacting with their neirghbours, but I did notice a very annoying issue of having a date with a neighbour from the same apartment lot my Sim lives at. If their date happens to be at the very late time of night, my Sim's date tends to become unselectable all of a sudden and goes back to his/her apartment. Few seconds later, he/she exits the apartment and my Sim can carry on with the flirting, etc. And it can repeat several times, so dating at night is very annoying. I think that maybe the date tries to hint that way that it's late and he/she needs to go to sleep?
#5 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 6:19 AM
It's my promble too.When i ask the neighbours to come out,They even don't give me a glimpse then become unselectable and return their room.
And the neighbour you visited will never come out after that,though they have a job.
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th May 2009 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims0bsession
Anyone else experience this with Apartment Life?

It seems like making friends is so much harder in this expansion pack that it's almost not worth it.

When I make my Sims go to their neighbor's door to ask them to come out, before I even get a chance to make an interaction between them, the neighbor answering the door goes inside again. It's rare to get even one interaction going, like "appreciate -> admire" before the neighbor goes "unselectable" and slams the door.

Same thing happens when my Sim invites someone over. I get no chance to react before the neighbor who was invited over goes "unselectable" and walks home again. It's boring because that means my Sims can never invite anyone over to their apartment who actually stays.

I throw parties and nobody arrives the entire duration of the party, yet I get the "Party Countdown". Not even the landlord's "outdoor barbecues" attract other neighbors.

How do you get your sims to make friends with their neighbors in AL? :confused:

I have this problem too, whenever I knock on the door asking them to come out, they just dart to a random spot, then run back to their apartment and slam the door.

I'm trying to figure out what hacks could be outdated, how do you know if they are outdated or not?
Alchemist
#7 Old 10th May 2009 at 8:45 PM
What hacks do you have?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th May 2009 at 9:19 PM
I had same problem same problem. and I had no CC or hack of any sort...
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th May 2009 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kustirider2
What hacks do you have?

Insimenator 2.9, SeeThem2, one for apartment life allowing teens to woohoo, and PregnancyWearAnyOutfitv1.2EP8. That's it I think.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th May 2009 at 12:47 AM
It doesn't matter I've been having same problem with out any hack or CC.

I have a patch now I never tried it. Try patching it see if it works.
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th May 2009 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyle
It doesn't matter I've been having same problem with out any hack or CC.

I have a patch now I never tried it. Try patching it see if it works.

Do you have any downloads that are not hacks? I really can't imagine what could be the matter if you don't have any hacks and you are having the same problem as me.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th May 2009 at 4:14 AM
No I have CC now, but I do not make friends with fug neighbors so i can't say. I am saying I had same problem( when i was trying to make the friends) and I had no CC of any sort, nor any hacks.

I suggest try patching the game maybe?...I have patched the game but I have not tested if it works or not.
Instructor
#13 Old 12th May 2009 at 1:08 PM
make sure the time is not to late in the evening. the neighbours seem to hit the bed at 10 or 11 i think. NOTHING you do will make them interact then.

my best friend is the chesstable+ask to join. and i do this when they are outside already, since they can be difficult untill you "get to know" them.

as a second choice i go for the telephone to build their relationships up so they are not so....negative.
when relationships go up they dont seem to be so difficult. Also to have your sim with "good reputation" is a very good idea they seem to line up to tell them how lovely they are. i like that.