Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2009 at 7:39 AM
Default Sims 2 Seasons Question: Please Help
OK, so here's the thing:
Recently, I began downloading Sims furniture, hair, makeup, and whatnot from the ModTheSims2 site and whenever I try to add all of my downloads to my game, it winds up glitching and terminating the whole game.
Is there a way that I can add the downloads to the site where the furniture and stuff is by deleting the mandatory Maxis furniture and other Maxis stuff like makeup, hair, etc.
Can I do this without damaging my Sims 2 cd altogether?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th May 2009 at 8:03 AM
Lemme get this straight. Are you trying to add the downloads to your CD? Because that isn't how you do it.

In your "My Documents" folder, there should be a folder named "EA Games". In that folder you will find a folder called "The Sims 2". In that folder, if you haven't already done it or it isn't there yet, create a folder called downloads. That's where all your downloads should go. Have you been doing that? If not, that's how you do it.

For the love of all that is good and pure, DO NOT DELETE ANY OF THINGS IN YOUR GAME! Keep it as is. If you get default replacement stuff, it will override it for you properly.

Sorry if I misunderstood your question. I hope I helped!

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th May 2009 at 10:13 AM
Please read the FAQs over in Game Help on MTS. There are full instructions on how to install custom content the proper way.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Tech issues belong on MTS2.