Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 10:54 PM
Default Question reguarding Clothing:
Apparently my search skills bite Llamas. Both here, and general google. Most of the results I've gotten involved Stencil swapping.

Is it possible to make custom clothing meshes for Sims3? I am not talking about adding/changing stencils or adjusting an existing piece of clothing to be shorter/longer and so on.

I drew out an outfit that I'd really like to put into Sims3, and as a perfectionist I could not simply take an existing mesh and 'wing it' to make it 'kinda' look similar. I'm new to meshes in general (played with Milkshake a little bit to get the feel of it) but really want to make some of the hair and clothing that I draw for story characters.

**Edit**
Sorry, clarified what kind of meshes I was talking about in the bold question.
**End Edit**
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 11:02 PM
Yes, it is absolutely possible to make custom clothing meshes for TS3. It's a LOT of work, though, as opposed to modifying an existing clothing mesh: you have to make fat morphs and fit morphs (and pregnancy morphs for females), as well as the three 'level of detail' meshes, PLUS assign every bone in the body, including the hands, as a clothing mesh is an actual body replacement, not just an item of clothing. It's much easier to modify something that already exists. But if you're not daunted, yes, you can do it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 11:18 PM
Thank you. Even if it is a lot of work, I think it'll be worth it (assuming I can master the programs). This is what I am going to be trying (outfit wise). The skirt is unnecessary, and will probably be opted out. The 'plate' pieces wouldn't look right if it were flat with the rest of the outfit. Well.... it would bother me, personally, in such a case.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 11:45 PM
Looks like an interesting item of clothing - good luck, hope all goes well!